Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NashvilleFalcon01

Calvin Ridley Was A Top 10 Receiver Last Year

17 hours ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Antone Smith was freaking fun to watch. He was a big play waiting to happen. A shame he couldn’t stay healthy and we underutilized him. We could really use someone with his explosiveness at the RB position right now. 

He was a great weapon when used sparingly, especially later in games vs a tired defense. once he got more reps he was much less effective.

EDIT - disregard, I’m losing my mind....

20 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

He was a great weapon when used sparingly, especially later in games vs a tired defense. once he got more reps he was much less effective.

Wait, what?

Most rush attempts in any season was 23 for 144 yards, 2 TDs (6.3 avg)

Most pass attempts 13/15, 222 yards, 3 TDs

He never got the chance for more reps than that though he deserved it

7 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

Wait, what?

Most rush attempts in any season was 23 for 144 yards, 2 TDs (6.3 avg)

Most pass attempts 13/15, 222 yards, 3 TDs

He never got the chance for more reps than that though he deserved it

I could have sworn he Had a few games where he had more carries (due to an injury or something). It has been many years though and I am going gray, so losing my memory could be expected. Lol.

regardless it would still be a small sample size.

EDIT - well ****, looked up the game logs and I must be loosing my mind...my bad.

3 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

I could have sworn he had 1-2 games where he had more carries (due to an injury or something). It has been many years though and I am going gray, so losing my memory could be expected. Lol.

regardless it would still be a small sample size.

EDIT - well ****, looked up the game logs and I must be loosing my mind...my bad.

No worries. He did have a couple huge runs, so maybe a few of them went for little yardage. Just a shame to leave talent rot like that without giving him a larger sample size. I know we had Turner, but as much as I loved him as a runner, he couldn't catch for ish lol

1 minute ago, SaintRay said:

Are you referring to the one who runs slants 31% of all of his routes?

31% 😂😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

4 minutes ago, SaintRay said:

Is that a problem?

No. It’s ****in hilarious though 😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣😂🤣🤣🤣🤣 You forgot to mention the other 69% being simple dig routes that require zero skill

3 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

No. It’s ****in hilarious though 😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣😂🤣🤣🤣🤣 You forgot to mention the other 69% being simple dig routes that require zero skill

Just asking, because that’s also the exact % number of slants routes run by Julio.

3 minutes ago, SaintRay said:

Just asking, because that’s also the exact % number of slants routes run by Julio.

😂😂😂😂🤣 I have no issue with it at all. Like I said, one of your 2 “top 10” receivers actually earned their spot the long way. The other had it super easy. You can flip it to Julio all you like.  Michael Thomas doesn’t isn’t asked to display his ability to run the tree. I wonder why?

21 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

😂😂😂😂🤣 I have no issue with it at all. Like I said, one of your 2 “top 10” receivers actually earned their spot the long way. The other had it super easy. You can flip it to Julio all you like.  Michael Thomas doesn’t isn’t asked to display his ability to run the tree. I wonder why?

That’s not true. He plays in a ball control, high percentage of competition offense. He runs every route he’s asked to run. 

C3ACA7FF-B246-4D06-B432-A9B8F3DD0FE8.jpeg.d956d3b5830656a42d9c95f1278a438e.jpeg

5 minutes ago, SaintRay said:

That’s not true. He plays in a ball control, high percentage of competition offense. He runs every route he’s asked to run. 

C3ACA7FF-B246-4D06-B432-A9B8F3DD0FE8.jpeg.d956d3b5830656a42d9c95f1278a438e.jpeg

I prefer the old fashioned eye test. I’ll be impressed when the majority of your #1 receivers catches come beyond 10 yards. Until then Sanders gets the upmost respect

Not me bro....I’m most impressed with offensive efficiency that leads to team wins.

How many deep balls a player catches is exciting to the average fan, but a controlled offense approach that controls the clock and frequently scores is typically better than the explosive play driven approach.

Thomas is nearly impossible to defend. Absolutely one of the elite WR’s in the game. To say otherwise is nothing more than Rival chatter.

2 minutes ago, SaintRay said:

Not me bro....I’m most impressed with offensive efficiency that leads to team wins.

How many deep balls a player catches is exciting to the average fan, but a controlled offense approach that controls the clock and frequently scores is typically better than the explosive play driven approach.

Thomas is nearly impossible to defend. Absolutely one of the elite WR’s in the game. To say otherwise is nothing more than Rival chatter.

Like I said, I prefer the old fashioned eye test. Thomas simply isn’t that impressive. For all the targets he gets his numbers certainly better be high. Nothing to do with rival chatter. Like I said before he got his deal, he fits what New Orleans does and got paid accordingly. When he is allowed to expand his game then I’ll be all eyes. Until then I can’t give him the credit he thinks he deserves. 

3 hours ago, SaintRay said:

Hate to say it....but Thomas has supplanted Julio as best WR in NFL for two years now.

On 5/18/2020 at 11:01 PM, Mister pudding said:

Probably because his actual catch rate compared to his expected catch rate wasn't a big enough differential to at least make the top 10

Yep. When you're expected to catch everything and you drop one, it kills your expected catch rate percentage.  :lol:

31 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

Yep. When you're expected to catch everything and you drop one, it kills your expected catch rate percentage.  :lol:

So true! The only game I ever got to see in Georgia was Julio's debut in Atlanta, Sunday night vs the Eagles (I'm from PA and hate the Eagles like the Saints). I had a field pass prior to the game and Julio was jumping in the end zone prior to the game snagging passes one-handed probably like 12-13 feet high. Crazy