Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NashvilleFalcon01

Calvin Ridley Was A Top 10 Receiver Last Year

47 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I saw a post or two thinking outside the box on how to bring Jamal Adams here, but didn’t consider them serious.

Ridley was the one and only BPA pick (versus drafting for need) TD’s truly done in Rd 1 since maybe Matt Ryan. And look how they’ve both turned out. 

And I would've just left it be, but some were throwing in multiple first rounders along with Ridley lol

1 minute ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

There were some suggesting that to get a Chase Young including Ridley would help get a deal done. I like Ridley, but if he could have been used to get Chase Young, I would do it in a heart beat.

If I remember correctly, it was Ridley, 2020 and 2021 first rounders. No thanks 

26 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

I just can't fathom that Rids, lined up with Julio was double teamed more than Thomas. Just doesn't make sense

Agreed. Only time I can see that (Ridley doubled) happening is when there’s 6 DBs on the field. 

Anotter reason Koetter needs to get his head out of his a$$ and run the ball more. 

43 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

I just can't fathom that Rids, lined up with Julio was double teamed more than Thomas. Just doesn't make sense

It's all those TD's...  Strikes fear in coordinators.  It does make your head explode a little 😲

23 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Agreed. Only time I can see that (Ridley doubled) happening is when there’s 6 DBs on the field. 

Anotter reason Koetter needs to get his head out of his a$$ and run the ball more. 

Koetter needs to really challenge himself to take it to new levels.  Way too many weapons to be anywhere close to predictable.

Run it to set up PA & to set up all kinds of unexpected stuff.  I mean Dirk, if you have to, just go steal some plays out of Shanny's playbook bro, he won't mind.  😜

15 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Don't you know there are stats for anything you can possibly make up...  So whose expectations were these to begin with?

Exactly what I was thinking.  My expectations are he catches passes thrown to him, so the expected catches would always be a negative number unless you catch a ball that was thrown to someone else, tipped up and you caught it. lol.  

Anyway, I guess it's offseason, so perfectly acceptable to make up stats to write a story about.  

5 minutes ago, RichardCNile said:

Exactly what I was thinking.  My expectations are he catches passes thrown to him, so the expected catches would always be a negative number unless you catch a ball that was thrown to someone else, tipped up and you caught it. lol.  

Anyway, I guess it's offseason, so perfectly acceptable to make up stats to write a story about.  

Offseason for sure.  Plus, Calvin don't need no stinking made up stats anyways... he's a keeper man.

40 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Koetter needs to really challenge himself to take it to new levels.  Way too many weapons to be anywhere close to predictable.

Run it to set up PA & to set up all kinds of unexpected stuff.  I mean Dirk, if you have to, just go steal some plays out of Shanny's playbook bro, he won't mind.  😜

Whatever happened to that one play we used to do with a fake WR screen and the other WR faked their block and jetted straight upfield? We got like 3 TDs on that play. Think we could at least dust that off

29 minutes ago, RichardCNile said:

Agree.  He can spin some DB's and make them look silly.  

Like a champ!!

29 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

Pick your poison 

Drink up!!

25 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

Whatever happened to that one play we used to do with a fake WR screen and the other WR faked their block and jetted straight upfield? We got like 3 TDs on that play. Think we could at least dust that off

IDK, but hurry up & do it again!!

1 hour ago, Mister pudding said:

Who was that RB we had when Smitty was HC who did'nt get much playing time, but scored a TD every time we threw that screen to him?  I think he broke his leg as he scored his last TD or something.  

7 minutes ago, RichardCNile said:

Who was that RB we had when Smitty was HC who did'nt get much playing time, but scored a TD every time we threw that screen to him?  I think he broke his leg as he scored his last TD or something.  

Antoine Smith... averaged 29 ypc in 2013, but somehow only got the rock 5 times via handoff 

1 hour ago, RichardCNile said:

Antone Smith was freaking fun to watch. He was a big play waiting to happen. A shame he couldn’t stay healthy and we underutilized him. We could really use someone with his explosiveness at the RB position right now. 

8 hours ago, Vandy said:

Exactly. Can’t call an 850 yard receiver “great”, at least not yet. But he’s getting there. 

Well, again it is like we were talking about the other day, it is all about opportunity. Would he be a #1 WR on most teams? Yes!

What would his numbers look like if Julio were not a Falcon?

1 minute ago, Cheap Talk said:

Well, again it is like we were talking about the other day, it is all about opportunity. Would he be a #1 WR on most teams? Yes!

What would his numbers look like if Julio were not a Falcon?

+ 1 Great point.

That's nice stat and all but considering the fact that Julio isnt even on that list 100% confirms its offseason fluff lol

Dont get me wrong huge fan of both but any metric that doesnt acknowledge Julio as a top 10 receiver is trash.