Calvin Ridley Was A Top 10 Receiver Last Year

https://www.nfl.com/news/michael-thomas-tyler-lockett-among-10-best-pass-catchers-of-19

5) Calvin Ridley

Catch rate: 67.7%. Expected catch rate: 59%. Difference: 8.7%

If the top four were in a pack near the front of the race, there's a bit of a gap between those contenders and the rest of the field. Ridley quietly had a nice season for a Falcons team that fell out of national consciousness thanks to a horrid start -- and he did his quarterback a few favors along the way, as evidenced by his catch rate difference of +8.7 percent.

A very intriguing detail in Ridley's line: In a receiving corps that features Julio Jones, Ridley saw double teams more often than anyone else in this group (at a rate of 5.4%). He also enjoyed a greater cushion than the rest at an average of 6.6 yards at time of snap. Aware of Ridley's 4.43 speed, teams rarely pressed him, instead content to cover him with numbers while also trying to keep his superstar teammate from destroying them. Matt Ryan will probably keep throwing to Ridley plenty, as the Atlanta quarterbacks compiled a 113.5 passer rating when targeting him. The Falcons will hope that produces more wins in 2020 than it did in 2019.

Top 10:

1) Michael Thomas

2) Tyler Lockett

3) Stefon Diggs

4) Marvin Jones

5) Calvin Ridley

6) Amari Cooper

7) Hunter Henry

8) George Kittle

9) Emmanuel Sanders

10) A.J. Brown

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.nfl.com/news/michael-thomas-tyler-lockett-among-10-best-pass-catchers-of-19   5) Calvin Ridley Catch rate: 67.7%. Expected catch rate: 59%. Difference: 8.7%    

And some of you jokers wanted to trade him...

I saw a post or two thinking outside the box on how to bring Jamal Adams here, but didn’t consider them serious. Ridley was the one and only BPA pick (versus drafting for need) TD’s truly had in

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, Tim Mazetti said:

Just didn't seem logical.

I am dumfounded.

•  
  •  
  •  

All over the board, predraft and postdraft, I see...

We should trade Ridley and some #1s to trade up in the draft

or

We should trade Ridley for Yannick Ngakoue or Jamal Adams.

Nevermind that he is still cheap on his rookie contract. Never mind that he is the best first round pick we've hit on in a long time. Never mind that he led the Falcons in receiving TD the past 2 years. Never mind that if this was even a thought we would've drafted Cee Dee Lamb. Never mind our 2nd receiver would be Gage or heaven forbid Treadwell. 

Guys, I want Adams or Yannick on our team just like the rest of you, but please STOP floating this nonsensical, idiotic idea. Good Lord, it's ideas like this that make Dimi even look good comparatively.

10 hours ago, Tim Mazetti said:

Just didn't seem logical.

I am dumfounded.

I saw a post or two thinking outside the box on how to bring Jamal Adams here, but didn’t consider them serious.

Ridley was the one and only BPA pick (versus drafting for need) TD’s truly had in Rd 1 since maybe Matt Ryan. And look how they’ve both turned out. 

14 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I saw a post or two thinking outside the box on how to bring Jamal Adams here, but didn’t consider them serious.

Ridley was the one and only BPA pick (versus drafting for need) TD’s truly done in Rd 1 since maybe Matt Ryan. And look how they’ve both turned out. 

More chatter than that about moving up in the draft for Young or Brown, followed by Adams and Yannick later. Anybody with any semblance of football knowledge didn't take it seriously, but it was annoying nonetheless 

1 hour ago, Mister pudding said:

I actually think what's most impressive about this stat/article is that he was double teamed more than Thomas, Lockett, and Cooper. Can that be right?

This was an amazing bit of information that I was unaware of...

Want to see Hayden Hurst established early.  Gage will emerge as a legit weapon as well.

This sets up a very nasty & potent attack.

7 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

This was an amazing bit of information that I was unaware of...

Want to see Hayden Hurst established early.  Gage will emerge as a legit weapon as well.

This sets up a very nasty & potent attack.

I just can't fathom that Rids, lined up with Julio was double teamed more than Thomas. Just doesn't make sense