Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
run_vick_run

My 3 points why we wont make the playoff. Change my mind

4 hours ago, Iron-head falcon said:

2) Matt Ryan stats  under Kyle Shanahan 2015: 4,591 yards 21 tds 16 int, 2016: 4,944 yards 38 tds 7 ints.  

Steve Sarkisian 2017:4,095 yards 20 tds 12 ints 2018: 4,924 yards 35 tds 7 ints

so there’s hope.

Logic and data are foreign here. Do you have papers?

6 hours ago, run_vick_run said:

Number 1. We dont have a number 1 cb

Number 2. Dirk koetter sucks. I thought he was fired but realize he just got move to oc. He does a horrible job. He coached last year like if he still wants to be a buc. Im not running with it

Number 3. We are on the toghess división.

I dont know if you guys know that playoff spot got level a extra 2 spots so that works in our favor

Was pleasantly surprised you could count to 3. Props. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Atl Falcon said:

#1 CB is a concern 

Again...Y'all overate corners.  KC's starting corners are a 4th round pick and an undrafted player but that didn't stop them from winning the superbowl..  New England constantly had nobodies at corner. The Eagle's secondary was a mess when they won.  We have a 1st and 2nd round picks at the corner position. 

Edited by peoriabird

Well I honestly hold us as 7-9 and keeping my expectations low due to recent history and to keep my fragile sporting ego from disappointment. That said let’s drink from the cup half full for tonight:

1) let’s face it we have never had a defense under Quinn, blip on the radar one year but otherwise pretty meh. Yet we made a super bowl.

2) OC need a couple years in Atl, plus I don’t know if he can do worse. Gurley didn’t sign to be used sparingly in a prove it year. That speaks more to me than Koetter acknowledging the running game as a focal point this year.

3) The division will be brutal and Brady will be protected by the league. I can only hope the saints finally come down to earth, they have had super bowl teams the last two years and by some stroke of karma they got hosed twice. Brady having no time to acclimate with his new squad in offseason practice and workouts is what I’ll hang my hope on.

We are not deep so staying healthy and the oline taking a big step is all I think we need to be in playoff contention again if I over simplify it. Should be a lot of parity in the league with the COVID mess, plays in our favor comparatively to the favorites.

2 minutes ago, Vandy said:

You called me out.

We outchea.

I had to sound the.....alarm. This guy must be hammered.

He is a Saint fan, evidently.

Indoctrination..Er, public school camp has revealed its.........

11 hours ago, peoriabird said:

Again...Y'all overate corners.  KC's starting corners are a 4th round pick and an undrafted player but that didn't stop them from winning the superbowl..  New England constantly had nobodies at corner. The Eagle's secondary was a mess when they won.  We have a 1st and 2nd round picks at the corner position. 

This is false.  They have paid both Gilmore and Revis over the last handful of years, and Butler had a few strong years as well.  

18 hours ago, Mister pudding said:

#1. You don't yet know what you don't know. Either Terrell or Oliver may be a fine #1 CB

#2. Dirk never got fired from us. He got promoted to head coach of the Bucs and was rehired as our offensive coordinator. He will improve this year, let's not forget how people were calling for KS's head after year 1. Sometimes it takes a year to sink in

#3. Spellcheck is your friend. 

Look at the 4 years in Tampa and tell me how "they got better". DK got worse running the ball every year but people still hanging from his nuts because of one year with MJD 12 years ago. DK is bad, Matt and Julio weren't learning something new, they had already been in DKs offense before. 

Twitter response: Shut your f'ing filthy mouth you (I used a word here that required my mouth to be washed out).

Facebook response: My cute Shar-Pei puppies are predicting an awesome season.

AFMB response: We will NEVER make the playoffs until Matt Ryan is fired, all PSLs are refunded, and the Benz is leveled and the Georgia Dome rebuilt exactly as it was. And we get our old uniforms back. And we start losing on purpose to get better draft picks. And DQ and TD are run out of town. And Blank sells the team.

33 minutes ago, runshoot said:

Look at the 4 years in Tampa and tell me how "they got better". DK got worse running the ball every year but people still hanging from his nuts because of one year with MJD 12 years ago. DK is bad, Matt and Julio weren't learning something new, they had already been in DKs offense before. 

OP said he thought DK was fired, but realized that he got moved to offensive coordinator. That was false.

Never said I liked DK, but I do think the offense will be better in year 2 of his system. FYI Matt and Julio as great as they are, do not represent the many current Falcons who have not played in his system before. To the majority, this was all new last year