My 3 points why we wont make the playoff. Change my mind

Number 1. We dont have a number 1 cb

Number 2. Dirk koetter sucks. I thought he was fired but realize he just got move to oc. He does a horrible job. He coached last year like if he still wants to be a buc. Im not running with it

Number 3. We are on the toghess división.

I dont know if you guys know that playoff spot got level a extra 2 spots so that works in our favor

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hive sop dap?

Thank you for sharing. We will digest this and respond.

#1. You don't yet know what you don't know. Either Terrell or Oliver may be a fine #1 CB #2. Dirk never got fired from us. He got promoted to head coach of the Bucs and was rehired as our offensi

16 minutes ago, run_vick_run said:

Number 2. Dirk koetter sucks. I thought he was fired but realize he just got move to oc. He does a horrible job. He coached last year like if he still wants to be a buc. Im not running with it

I dont know if you guys know that playoff spot got level a extra 2 spots so that works in our favor

1. We didn't have a #1 corner in 2016...when we went to the SB

2. You're right. Koetter isn't good. But the offense will very likely be better than last year

3. This isn't actually a fact. It just looks scary on paper. Could actually end up being the worst division in football. 

23 minutes ago, run_vick_run said:

You forgot NO VICk....LOL kidding man.

#1. You don't yet know what you don't know. Either Terrell or Oliver may be a fine #1 CB

#2. Dirk never got fired from us. He got promoted to head coach of the Bucs and was rehired as our offensive coordinator. He will improve this year, let's not forget how people were calling for KS's head after year 1. Sometimes it takes a year to sink in

#3. Spellcheck is your friend. 

55 minutes ago, run_vick_run said:

Number 1.  You do not know.  Let's wait a little and see what we have. 

Number 3.  So are three other teams.  Someone has to win the NFCS.

Number 2.  I got nothin.

55 minutes ago, run_vick_run said:

You never know how much a player is going to develop (or regress) from season to season. I'm not the hugest Oliver fan, but it's possible that he will continue to evolve if we use him to his strengths- crazier things have happened. Sheffield also shows a lot of promise and we haven't even seen Terrell play a down in the NFL. 

Way too early to say we don't have a number 1 CB imo

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, run_vick_run said:

1) Who was the Chief's number 1 corner last year?  What about the Patriots during their superbowl runs?  An undrafted free agent made the game winning play against the Seahawks in 2015.

2) The Falcons usually do better the 2nd year in a OC's offense

3) Having the toughest schedule is difficult to predict.  Usually 5 teams drop out of the playoffs from year to year.

Championships are won by coaches and coach's schemes.  The Falcon have more than enough talent to win a Championship.

Edited by peoriabird

I've got three points as to why I have a lot of doubts about this team this season. In no particular order:

1. Young and unproven secondary. I assume that Terrell will be our CB1, and while I am not in the camp that thinks he was a reach, it's still so hard to say how a young CB will do. Oliver is still an unknown and hasn't been able to show the playmaking ability he displayed in college. Sheffield has shown some flashes of brilliance, but he's also made some really big mistakes. Another huge question to me in the secondary is the SS and FS positions. Where are Kazee and Rico going? Can Neal come back as strong as he was?

2. The middle of the field looks very very soft to me. Deion Jones did not look as good as normal last season, which could be from a variety of issues. Did he lose a step after his injury? Or did he just look worse because the whole defense was cheeks last season? Is Foye going to take enough of a step to be on the field full time? Is Mykal Walker going to be able to replace Campbell?  Again, can Keanu cover TEs over the middle?

3.Are we going to have a pass rush? Speaks for itself. The only truly known and productive pass rush that we have on the D line is from Grady. Takk is looking like a bust, and Fowler is coming off of a statistical anomaly of a season for him while also playing with one of the best DTs of all time.