Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ramonezy

How long of a rope do you think our front office has?

Posted (edited)

We all know that both DQ and TD are on the hot seat this coming season, but how hot is the seat exactly? 

If we are 4-5 at the bye, do you think we make a move then? What about if we have 3-game losing streak? Or do you think, no matter the record, they'll be allowed to finish the season no matter what. 

Personally I think the decision will be made after 5 games, with the trigger ultimately being pulled in the bye. 

Edited by ramonezy

I think if we don't make the playoffs Quinn gets fired.  If we have another start like we did the last two seasons than he will be gone at the Bye. 

I think TD stays no matter what.  I think he has done a pretty good job under both Smith and Quinn and has shown that he can find the talent needed for a coach to play his style and win.  I think coaching has been more of the issue the past few seasons.

35 minutes ago, Slimm said:

I think if we don't make the playoffs Quinn gets fired.  If we have another start like we did the last two seasons than he will be gone at the Bye. 

I think TD stays no matter what.  I think he has done a pretty good job under both Smith and Quinn and has shown that he can find the talent needed for a coach to play his style and win.  I think coaching has been more of the issue the past few seasons.

I think the opening quarter of the season is critical. It's difficult to see how Quinn could survive a 1-3, 1-4, or 1-5 start, especially if the team isn't playing competitive football.  And that's unfair because of the team not being able to have a regular training camp and all the preseason work.

Whether he would be fired in-season is still not certain, for many of the same reasons he was not fired at the bye week last season.

Let's just hope we're 4-1 and not 1-4, sitting in here still in the beginning weeks of the season with nothing better to do than forecast the over/under time-line on Quinn's departure.

With what most say is the hardest schedule in the NFL, Blank may extend the rope a little bit longer this time, before he puts the noose around their necks! 

If mid-season sees us at .500 or better (4-4), they could all get a reprieve, at least until season's end, depending on what our final record is at that point. 

But what happens if we end up 9-7, and miss the Playoffs?  Pretty sure they'll ALL be gone! 
11 wins or more may be the magic number, and at least a Wildcard berth, to see no changes.  

Posted (edited)

IF we go to 0-5 after losing to Carolina at home, it's over for Quinn.

No Redemption Tour, part 3, this time.

It sounds crazy to think we could start 0-5, but then you stop and look at Dan Quinn and realize it's definitely possible with him. 😔

Edited by Zzzzz

This year there is an extra playoff team in each league. That could definitely lead to an earlier trigger on Quinn. I think an 0-3 start would be enough to fire Quinn. At that point you could hand the rest of the season over to Morris and still be in position to make a playoff run or tank the year and get younger players more snaps. 

Playoff run this upcoming season or everyone is fired. Only McKay would escape the house cleaning.

Given our schedule and our roster after the off season I full expect 7-9 is the best we can do. 

So next off season everyone gets fired from TD to Quinn to the scouts etc.

We’re  going to win at least 9 gms if we stay healthy. I think this team will compete at a high level and can beat any team in the league and there will be no need to fire anyone. Winning 9 or more gms with this brutal schedule is not too shabby. 

DQ is definitely on a shorter leash than TD. Try as we may, we can't really pin undisciplined play on TD. We can lose games, but if they turn out to be sloppy loses DQ is gone by midseason. I don't think things will be that disastrous though.

I'm taking Blank at his word that it's playoffs or else for DQ, Dimi and all the way down from there. Especially with the expanded playoff format for this upcoming season. Based on Blank's past behavior it would be surprising to see a mid-season firing unless we are 1-8 at the bye. Then he may pop both of em'.   I think McKay is here for as long as he wants to work. His chair on the competition committee is important to Blank.

16 hours ago, Slimm said:

I am thinking along the same lines

On 5/16/2020 at 11:25 AM, JD dirtybird21 said:

They need to win this season. Playoff berth expectation. Anything less and I think Quinn is fired and TD is likely re-assigned to some other executive job in the Franchise.

Crowd noise