Realize this after watching seahawks vs falcon 2016 playoff game

So all this talks about de dt. Getting sacks. But who is our number 1 cb. Is it isiah Oliver. Thank god we have help on the safety position. Is kazee going to play cb? I think cb is our weakest spot. Can you guys help me figure this out. Because isiah oliver being our number 1 cb is really bad. Can you guys name our cb list from best to worst?

3 minutes ago, run_vick_run said:

So all this talks about de dt. Getting sacks. But who is our number 1 cb. Is it isiah Oliver. Thank god we have help on the safety position. Is kazee going to play cb? I think cb is our weakest spot. Can you guys help me figure this out. Because isiah oliver being our number 1 cb is really bad. Can you guys name our cb list from best to worst?

Hopefully Terrell is a beast.

1 minute ago, Mister pudding said:

What on earth does the 2016 playoff game v Seahawks have anything to do with our CB roster in 2020?

My guess... Oliver, Terrell, Sheffield, Wilson. Hope to sign a vet to mix in with the current crew

Well just seeing falcons defense leaving seahawks to a low scoring game. Expecting alot of balls flying over our cbs against almost all qb we face

16 hours ago, Mister pudding said:

What on earth does the 2016 playoff game v Seahawks have anything to do with our CB roster in 2020?

My guess... Oliver, Terrell, Sheffield, Wilson. Hope to sign a vet to mix in with the current crew

Sheff,Terrell (until midseason when everyone realizes just how good he is and becomes CB1)Oliver. I still think we sign a vet CB before the season starts (maybe post June1).

18 hours ago, run_vick_run said:

Kazee will be specifically Safety full time. Oliver will most likely be our number 2 corner as terrell will take trufants old side. And a Scheffield will line up in the slot. Also Oliver played a lot better once the communication issues got cleared up. If you wanna find out more about this team watch the 2019-2020 games. You will get the full picture then.

18 hours ago, run_vick_run said:

Oliver started putting it together late last year. I believe he's really improved, and I'm not as worried about him as I once was. 

19 hours ago, run_vick_run said:

agree and the sad part is those guys will get tested early and often by  some of the best qb's in the league

20 hours ago, run_vick_run said:

Well just seeing falcons defense leaving seahawks to a low scoring game. Expecting alot of balls flying over our cbs against almost all qb we face

We had Robert Alford and Jalen Collins as our starting CBs in that 2016 game. Not exactly world beaters. 

1 minute ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

We had Robert Alford and Jalen Collins as our starting CBs in that 2016 game. Not exactly world beaters. 

I would take both of those guys over what we have right now especially Robert

2 minutes ago, UGABOZ said:

I would take both of those guys over what we have right now especially Robert

Jalen Collins was horrible and if not for PEDs he would have never even had the small glimmer of decency that he did have.

We have Alford Jr in Terrell. PI machines. Again, 2016 our CBs were nothing to write home about so I still don't get the point of this thread.

6 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Jalen Collins was horrible and if not for PEDs he would have never even had the small glimmer of decency that he did have.

We have Alford Jr in Terrell. PI machines. Again, 2016 our CBs were nothing to write home about so I still don't get the point of this thread.

you dont get the point of the thread but you still keep posting in it. Collins was bad I agree but I would take him over oliver. Have you seen oliver play? He was downright terrible last year. if he was not getting beat then he was getting flagged. AJ is in the toughest position on the field for a rookie besides dt and he will take time but my point is that I would take robert and collins over these 2. not that big of a deal

I think we are young *** ****...... That kinda scares me..... I like the talent alot and i dont even think we necessarily need someone who  has to start but i would love a vet in the room incase it gets rough for a young guy.

This unit has the talent to be really good..... We have to see tho

It is odd you say that because we had Alford and Collins as our starting corners in that game. Alford was underrated on this board, but I doubt anyone would call him a #1 corner. This game and the playoffs were perfect examples of how good our defense can be when guys just do their job. We have playmakers in Grady and Deion who can take over guys, but they need help. It doesn't matter how great Grady and Deion play if the rest of the guys don't do their job.

My biggest concern is with the safeties because they very important in Seattle's cover 3 scheme.  If Neal is healthy, he is a playmaker, but not sure what to expect after his injuries.

40 minutes ago, UGABOZ said:

you dont get the point of the thread but you still keep posting in it. Collins was bad I agree but I would take him over oliver. Have you seen oliver play? He was downright terrible last year. if he was not getting beat then he was getting flagged. AJ is in the toughest position on the field for a rookie besides dt and he will take time but my point is that I would take robert and collins over these 2. not that big of a deal

Our pass rush was all over Wilson that entire game with exotic stunts and Nickel blitzes. Our CBs did not do anything special in that game in coverage so what conclusion was drawn from watching it in regards to the CB play? :lol: That question still has not been answered. They let Baldwin get behind them once for a TD and got beat quiet often deep by Richardson who dropped a 60 yard bomb. Grady, Vic, Freeney and the whole band of pass rushers were constantly hitting Wilson otherwise Wilson would have continually dominated our secondary.

Our Secondary last year held Drew Brees and the high powered Saints offense to 9 points. I have drawn the conclusion they are better. :lol: See how stupid that sounds?

8 hours ago, 4dabirds said:

It's been said before that CBs in the NFL usually pickup their play by year three, so that's what I'm hoping for with Oliver. I think Oliver did play better in the second half of last season. 

Exactly, which is why I find it so confusing that many on here thinks that AJ can come in and do good as a rookie.  Unless he is the exception to the case, that usually does not happen for rookie CBs.  

I'm also not that high on Oliver yet, but hopefully he can put it all together.  I'm also hoping we can get a FA cb but not sure if that will happen.  I just don't have much faith in our CBs, as they are still unproven and very young. 

6 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

This is a super ignorant post. SMH

7 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

I'm amazed at all the crystal ball folks we have on TATF. Can you predict how a 1st rounder will turn out 3 years from now? I know I can't, if anyone can please send me the Power Ball numbers and I'll split it with you.

26 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

This is a super ignorant post. SMH