Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Falcons Fan MVP

Which player do you think will be the biggest pleasant surprise on the Falcons this upcoming season?

The name that pops in my head is Kaleb McGary.  He's someone that if I hear by midseason that he's been one of the better RTs in the league I'd be pleasantly surprised.  Another name that I long to be pleasantly surprised by is Keanu Neal.  I'd love to see KeKe play in every game of our Super Bowl run this season

I’m looking at Treadwell. Could really be valuable if he can fill the Sanu role. 

I’ll roll the dice with Harris on defense as well. He’s been a bust but I wouldn’t say playing in Miami the last few years did him any favors. 

Ice.

Gurley will relieve a lot of pressure, Oline hopefully takes a step forward, Hurst is probably better than Hooper, Ridley turning into a #1 on most teams, family life all settled in.

I'm thinking the Iceman returneth in 2020.  Got my popcorn.

7 hours ago, Em_Jae20 said:

The name that pops in my head is Kaleb McGary.  He's someone that if I hear by midseason that he's been one of the better RTs in the league I'd be pleasantly surprised.  Another name that I long to be pleasantly surprised by is Keanu Neal.  I'd love to see KeKe play in every game of our Super Bowl run this season

This. Lindstrom as a guard taken mid first means a higher expectation of success this year. If he’s solid or plays very well it isn’t a pleasant surprise. McGary stepping up is certainly not on my radar as an expectation. Though he doesn’t compare to Sam Baker as a player I can’t help but feel his career trajectory will be similar. Trust I want to be wrong for Ryan’s sake.

Isaiah Oliver is another name that can be added to this list.  He's struggled with consistency his short career but if he stings together an entire season of what he showed in the second half of last year (which I think is very likely) I think we'll all be pleasantly surprised

15 hours ago, UnrealfalcoN said:

I would say Hayden Hurst but most have an expectation about him.

Ollison is my sleeper and our future starting RB

Thanks for posting.. This gets me pumped up for the season to start...  hoping Hill gets some carries too .. 

I also agree that Tak is going to step up. I have zero doubts in his ability. And this is a big year for him. Even if he doesn't want to be here he knows that this entire season is an audition for 31 other teams. He's gonna get double digit sacks and go somewhere else next year. To the opposite, I think Fowler is gonna be very average. 

Posted (edited)

Deadrin Senat

He's due to graduate from the Quinn Hibernation program, Cominsky is 1 year into it and Davidson will be entering it.

This seems a joke but it is ridiculous that a 3rd round pick has been wasted like Senat has?

Edited by jlrfalcon

Actually - the player who will surprise everyone will be Brian Hill who will have strong tutoring from Gurley and also be able to absorb a significant amount of the hard interior runs that Gurley will be held back from.

1 hour ago, Xfactor said:

Hurst, Cominsky and Davidson. 

I really think Hurst can be a great weapon if Koetter will use him 

Koetter is actually the perfect OC for hurst. A big part of his passing offense revolves around the TE.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tampabay.com/tight-ends-have-thrived-in-dirk-koetter-offenses/2321946/%3foutputType=amp

On 5/14/2020 at 6:30 PM, ramonezy said:

To be fair, Takk has always given 100%...effort was never in question... But results are limited 

This

If you watch Takk, the last thing you would say is he doesn’t put in the effort.

If his shoulders can hold up he’ll finish better. But I’ve seen him sprint full tilt 30 yards & further trying to make plays on QB’s & RB’s.