• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't know why but I'm just not interested in palace intrigue anymore.  He's either going to be on the field or he won't and until then, I'm ignoring this crap.

TATF as usual!!!  

welp.....my cornflakes definitely have that "peed-in" taste this morning.  

Posted Images

2 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Leave it to Dirk Diggler to be a downer.  Sounds like he is saying TD took a blind flyer on Gurley.  I guarantee that’s not the case

The Falcons fans are excited too, Diggler, not just UGA fans.  You should be excited as well

yeah because you know more about Gurley's health than the Falcons OC

:yikes:

5 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Is Dirk tone deaf, not in the loop, in direct conflict with TD/DQ, or just not thinking about how bad this looks?  

It just seems weird to see our OC say something like this.  He's essentially saying we rolled the dice w/ $5M & doesn't care about the stigma this casts upon his colleagues.

well that is exactly what the Falcons did.   They rolled the dice on Gurley.    How can anyone say otherwise?   I watched for two weeks after Gurley signing where everyone convinced themselves we got the "Pre-SuperBowl" Gurley.    If we were getting that, he would still be a Ram.      

6 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

well that is exactly what the Falcons did.   They rolled the dice on Gurley.    How can anyone say otherwise?   I watched for two weeks after Gurley signing where everyone convinced themselves we got the "Pre-SuperBowl" Gurley.    If we were getting that, he would still be a Ram.      

I am neutral on it tbh... I like the upside of it, but also see the risky side of things.  I'm willing to wait & see.  Just surprised Dirk would interject as he did.  

3 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

I am neutral on it tbh... I like the upside of it, but also see the risky side of things.  I'm willing to wait & see.  Just surprised Dirk would interject as he did.  

Yeah, he probably should have kept his mouth shut - but it does give weight to the gamble that was made.

I hope it works as well.  Obviously.   Gurley was a tremendous RB and hopefully Falcons can get a lot out of him.   I don’t dislike the signing but won’t fall in line that this was a homerun.   It might be or it might not be.

Just a shame.  I remember the Auburn game where he got hurt - they said it was a bad injury then - worse than your normal ACL.   Spoke to the talent that he still went #10 overall.

1 hour ago, PokerSteve said:

We have Dr. Anthony Fauci to portray the Grim Reaper for the China Flu, and then Dirk "Dr. Doom" Koetter, the Offensive Coordinator no less, offering last rites for Todd Gurley and the Falcon offense before he's even in Flowerly Branch. What a piece of poop loser he is.

:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, ADAMSVILLE GYM said:

That's correct.

I certainly hope Dirk isn't planning on freezing Gurley out with play-calling that won't feature correctly.

Pretty sure this is just him having another built-in excuse. DK blows chunks.

23 minutes ago, atljbo said:

I feel like ppl are making a big deal out of nothing if you heard the interview..... He basically saying he is a **** of a player but we have to see how healthy he is

We knew that..... Its just ppl are taking out the first part and just posting  that end part.

I think it is more a combo platter.

Dirk said "the obvious"  -   but others on TATF had already ruled out any possibility that Gurley was anything other than 90% healthy.

With Dirk's words, it just goes back to the national media perception and not the homer perception.

6 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I think it is more a combo platter.

Dirk said "the obvious"  -   but others on TATF had already ruled out any possibility that Gurley was anything other than 90% healthy.

With Dirk's words, it just goes back to the national media perception and not the homer perception.

But if you hear the whole press conference he is saying how he was impressed with Gurley last year and saw all the flashes..... That he doesnt know what all went on with the rams last year but he has to see how healthy he is.

Both sides is over reacting....

1 hour ago, atljbo said:

But if you hear the whole press conference he is saying how he was impressed with Gurley last year and saw all the flashes..... That he doesnt know what all went on with the rams last year but he has to see how healthy he is.

Both sides is over reacting....

What AFMB  over reacting?

im_shocked.gif

2 hours ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Is Dirk tone deaf, not in the loop, in direct conflict with TD/DQ, or just not thinking about how bad this looks?  

It just seems weird to see our OC say something like this.  He's essentially saying we rolled the dice w/ $5M & doesn't care about the stigma this casts upon his colleagues.

i definitely got the sense that he had zero input into the signing of TG. I was hoping one of the guys would ask that.

2 hours ago, g-dawg said:

it has a similar desperation feel to it.

I just feel like DKs running scheme is so bad we could have Barry Sanders in his prime and avg 3ypc or less.

I mean we had all zone blocking linemen and he goes and signs two power guards that cant pull or pass protect.... clueless run scheme idk how MJD ever did anything when he was at JAX

1 hour ago, ATLFalcon36 said:

I just feel like DKs running scheme is so bad we could have Barry Sanders in his prime and avg 3ypc or less.

I mean we had all zone blocking linemen and he goes and signs two power guards that cant pull or pass protect.... clueless run scheme idk how MJD ever did anything when he was at JAX

Dirk Koetter when the situation calls for a run play:

giphy.gif