Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
caponine

Von Miller

**** hope he’s alright. Breathing got so bad he actually had a thought he would die.  He says his lungs still arent even close to being back to normal.

Could this potentially affect the NFL and cause them to postpone the season for a bit ?? Idk how the backlash would be if players started contracting covid unknowingly and they played. 

I guess I missed something --- did Von Miller have COVID-19???  If so, I hope he'll be alright! 

But man, they just gotta play some football at some point --- with this shelter-in-place crap, plus no baseball, no basketball, I'm 'bout to go NUTS!!!  I think they could do it in a safe way, even if it's with no spectators.  Heck, fumigate the locker rooms before and after games, social distancing, masks when you're not on the field --- whatever it takes to get this thing going!  Like the old saying goes, "Where There's A Will, There's A Way"!!!!!!!!!!

5 minutes ago, FalconJim said:

I guess I missed something --- did Von Miller have COVID-19???  If so, I hope he'll be alright! 

But man, they just gotta play some football at some point --- with this shelter-in-place crap, plus no baseball, no basketball, I'm 'bout to go NUTS!!!  I think they could do it in a safe way, even if it's with no spectators.  Heck, fumigate the locker rooms before and after games, social distancing, masks when you're not on the field --- whatever it takes to get this thing going!  Like the old saying goes, "Where There's A Will, There's A Way"!!!!!!!!!!

And what about players that have underlying issues like Breathing problems or Asthma or sickle cell ?? Some people have heart conditions as well 

1 minute ago, caponine said:

And what about players that have underlying issues like Breathing problems or Asthma or sickle cell ?? Some people have heart conditions as well 

Yes, a big consideration, for sure....I understand that --- you can't put somebody's life at risk, for a game.  But apparently those players have controlled those health issues well enough, that they've made it all the way to the "Big Show".  Unless they're sick with the virus, keep doing what they've been doing, and if they need to take a break, or get oxygen, do it!  And even give a player the choice to tell a coach, "I'm done", if he can't finish a game --- 
Like I said, where there's a will, there's a way! 

7 minutes ago, FalconJim said:

Yes, a big consideration, for sure....I understand that --- you can't put somebody's life at risk, for a game.  But apparently those players have controlled those health issues well enough, that they've made it all the way to the "Big Show".  Unless they're sick with the virus, keep doing what they've been doing, and if they need to take a break, or get oxygen, do it!  And even give a player the choice to tell a coach, "I'm done", if he can't finish a game --- 
Like I said, where there's a will, there's a way! 

While i half agree, Im sorry to break it to you but if you have underlying issues , its already a dire situation no matter if youre young or old. And the extra strain on the heart is the final blow 

1 minute ago, caponine said:

While i half agree, Im sorry to break it to you but if you have underlying issues , its already a dire situation no matter if youre young or old. And the extra strain on the heart is the final blow 

Well, thanks for the "half agreement".  But the truth is, if it's your time, it's just your time, whether you're on a football field, or sitting in your recliner.  But if it were me, I'd like for them to say, "well, he died doing what he loved to do"....and to me, I think that'd be a pretty cool way to go ---

32 minutes ago, FalconJim said:

Miller was the 2nd NFL player to be officially announced to have Covid19.

I think it was about a month and a half a ago.

10 minutes ago, FalconJim said:

Well, thanks for the "half agreement".  But the truth is, if it's your time, it's just your time, whether you're on a football field, or sitting in your recliner.  But if it were me, I'd like for them to say, "well, he died doing what he loved to do"....and to me, I think that'd be a pretty cool way to go ---

i dont agree with this logic at all , you think Von Miller is ready ?? ofc not. Did you not see the part where he said it was frightening ? 

what about players with lives outside of football ?? Their children, their lives, their families ?? What scares me is their are people that have the same mindset as you and look at these athletes as objects 

I still think they need to postpone the season 

6 minutes ago, FalconJim said:

Bruh seriously?

18 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Miller was the 2nd NFL player to be officially announced to have Covid19.

I think it was about a month and a half a ago.

O. K., thanks, man!  I hate to hear that, but this junk is no respecter-of-person....just trying to stay in and be safe, myself, since I'm in a high-risk category because I'm over 60, and have diabetes ---

If they did have a season, they would need tested on a daily basis. The NFL could actually pull that off while Joe Schmoos like us can't. I believe they started baseball in Korea, so with the right precautions it's possible. I don't want anyone risking their lives for entertainment purposes though if they can't keep them safe

19 minutes ago, caponine said:

i dont agree with this logic at all , you think Von Miller is ready ?? ofc not. Did you not see the part where he said it was frightening ? 

what about players with lives outside of football ?? Their children, their lives, their families ?? What scares me is their are people that have the same mindset as you and look at these athletes as objects 

I still think they need to postpone the season 

And Von Miller is an athlete. There are plenty of NFL players, staff members, coaches, transportation coordinators, media crew, etc., etc., who with underlying conditions or not will be exposed to the pandemic, taking it back to their families.

Putting them all at risk for entertainment would be a disgusting.

"Whatever the White House is doing for the president and vice president, that's the protocol I want to use for my employees. And if I can't adhere to that, then why would I put them at risk?" - Mark Cuban (owner of the Dallas Mavericks)

2 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

If they did have a season, they would need tested on a daily basis. The NFL could actually pull that off while Joe Schmoos like us can't. I believe they started baseball in Korea, so with the right precautions it's possible. I don't want anyone risking their lives for entertainment purposes though if they can't keep them safe

Itll be hard to get all those tests in real time though everyday 

2 minutes ago, UnrealfalcoN said:

And Von Miller is an athlete. There are plenty of NFL players, staff members, coaches, transportation coordinators, media crew, etc., etc., who with underlying conditions or not will be exposed to the pandemic, taking it back to their families.

"Whatever the White House is doing for the president and vice president, that's the protocol I want to use for my employees. And if I can't adhere to that, then why would I put them at risk?" - Mark Cuban (owner of the Dallas Mavericks)

Exactly football will come back but please keep everyone safe. Athletes are people to, thats my main concern that there are a lot of players, coaches etc with underlying issues. 

It shouldnt be different for one set of people and not the other 

7 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

The difference is that South Korea actually handled Covid like champs. They have only had less than 300 deaths TOTAL so far and they're in proximity with China.

We in the states haven't seen less than 300 deaths PER DAY since March.

8 minutes ago, UnrealfalcoN said:

Like not wearing masks in the White House? I think the Falcons deserve better