Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Spts1

If the Falcons win a Superbowl, how long would you celebrate?

1 hour ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I get what you’re saying. My baseball team is the San Fran Giants. Winning the chip in 2010 was pretty awesome. The 2 that followed were great but not as special as the first one. And now, you’re right, I don’t care as much about the rivalry with the Dodgers or even the fact that the Giants haven’t been very good for 5-6 years now. I’m content.

That being said, the SB just a couple years ago also made me content. I definitely am not as emotionally invested as I used to be. When the Falcons lose, I just kinda shrug it off now. 

I've had the exact same emotional journey with this team. Still care and still obsessed, but I don't let myself get angry or surprised anymore.

5 hours ago, Spts1 said:

I was sitting here wondering how nice it must be being a fan of a team that has ACTUALLY WON a Superbowl.   I grew up a Falcons and Georgia Bulldog fan and watched the Bulldogs beat Notre Dame back in 1981 for their last National Championship.  Being young and feeling the Dawgs would win many more, I took it for granted.  Got over it real quick after they won.  The Falcons are obviously another story.  If they win a chip,  they would get at least a two week celebration from me...:lol:   I clown them HARD, but would celebrate a championship even harder.  How long would you celebrate if they win the chip?

New Atlanta Falcons uniforms are not being well received by fans

I think I would celebrate a Falcons Super Bowl win FOR LIFE!    Been A fan since around 1982! Yeah It feels like a life time now so yeah. for life.. :-)

GO FALCONS! 

Posted (edited)

I talked about this a few times already. I've been a fan of this franchise dating back to the late-'70s so that would've been the culmination of many losses, bad coaches, failed seasons, a near relocation, and everything else in between. Had they won it all in 2016, I'd still be watching video clips of everything like it was the first time to this very day. I recorded everything on my DVR at the time; from the interviews at the big press conference they had earlier in the week, to the pregame, and the actual game itself (safe to say, they're all gone now). Every time I hit the grill after that day would've been a replay of the game on the flatscreen from start to finish; commercials, halftime show (would've put it on mute), and all. And I probably would've been a teary-eyed, drunken mess after each time like I would've been had they actually won it.

And the celebration afterwards, oh boy. I already told my staff that if they won, I wouldn't be in any earthly condition to return to work until after the parade so insert your own imagination. I would've had enough sense to avoid serious jail time but I'm making no guarantees after that.

And like others on this thread, the last few seasons would've been a blur because the emphasis on getting back and redeeming themselves from that game would've been moot. I wouldn't be able to tell you what won-loss records they had or even if they made the playoffs the last two seasons. In fact, I'll still argue that had they won, there's a good chance of a possible repeat (they were one catch away from being in the NFC Title game against a very beatable Vikings team). Getting back-to-back Lombardi trophies and beating the Patriots to win both would've had me turning into a very arrogant sports fan real quick. Saint fans would have to create a paywall to their board to keep us from waving championship rings in their faces like John Cena.

Oh well...

Edited by ratesforless

13 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

At least long enough to get kicked off the Saints boards. Never posted there, but I would in this scenario.

:lol:   they constantly lurk over here and post comments we make on their board.   guarantee you if the falcons win a chip you will not last long on their board...

Honestly, I would probably just sit in my chair in disbelief. When the Braves won in 1995, I didn't even celebrate, because I was just RELIEVED! That team only won 1 title, and I took so much crap from my friends. They kept calling them the Buffalo Braves in reference to the Buffalo Bills that lost 4 Super Bowls.  This franchise has taken so much crap over the years, and so much more after the Super Bowl debacle, that it would just feel good to finally win one.  

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Honestly, I would probably just sit in my chair in disbelief. When the Braves won in 1995, I didn't even celebrate, because I was just RELIEVED! That team only won 1 title, and I took so much crap from my friends. They kept calling them the Buffalo Braves in reference to the Buffalo Bills that lost 4 Super Bowls.  This franchise has taken so much crap over the years, and so much more after the Super Bowl debacle, that it would just feel good to finally win one.  

You do realize their WAS a basketball team called the Buffalo Braves?  They are now the Clippers franchise...

LA Clippers Classic Edition Buffalo Braves Youth Paul George Youth ...

Braves long gone, but Buffalo teacher clings to team that became ...

Edited by Spts1