If the Falcons win a Superbowl, how long would you celebrate?

Posted (edited)

I was sitting here wondering how nice it must be being a fan of a team that has ACTUALLY WON a Superbowl.   I grew up a Falcons and Georgia Bulldog fan and watched the Bulldogs beat Notre Dame back in 1981 for their last National Championship.  Being young and feeling the Dawgs would win many more, I took it for granted.  Got over it real quick after they won.  The Falcons are obviously another story.  If they win a chip,  they would get at least a two week celebration from me...:lol:   I clown them HARD, but would celebrate a championship even harder.  How long would you celebrate if they win the chip?

New Atlanta Falcons uniforms are not being well received by fans

Edited by Spts1
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know how much longer I'll live, so there's that.

I mean the Saints still boast about theirs. How does a Saints fan change a light bulb? They don’t, they just talk about how good the old one was

The rest of my **** life!!!

Posted (edited)

I'm also a diehard Blackhawks fan in hockey and have been lucky enough to see three championships.

Lemme tell you something about winning a chip...

The truth is, the subsequent years after you win, you are content. The games feel less important & the loses hurt less - it's just human nature once you've reached the top of the mountain.

But, let me tell you... Now that it's been five years since their last one and everyone is writing them off and calling them "has-beens" the fire may burn more than it ever did for me. Valley, meet peak.

Once you've tasted the best steak in the world, you may be happy and full for a bit, but that craving hits hard later because you were lucky enough to actually know how good it tastes.

Edited by FalconTough
2 minutes ago, FalconTough said:

I'm also a diehard Blackhawks fan in hockey and have been lucky enough to see three championships.

Lemme tell you something about winning a chip...

The truth is, the subsequent years after you win, you are content. The games feel less important & the loses hurt less - it's just human nature once you've reached the top of the mountain.

But, let me tell you... Now that it's been five years since their last one and everyone is writing them off and calling them "has-beens" the fire may burn more than it ever did for me. Valley, meet peak.

Once you've tasted the best steak in the world, you may be happy and full for a bit, but that craving hits hard later because you were lucky enough to actually know how good it tastes.

I get what you’re saying. My baseball team is the San Fran Giants. Winning the chip in 2010 was pretty awesome. The 2 that followed were great but not as special as the first one. And now, you’re right, I don’t care as much about the rivalry with the Dodgers or even the fact that the Giants haven’t been very good for 5-6 years now. I’m content.

That being said, the SB just a couple years ago also made me content. I definitely am not as emotionally invested as I used to be. When the Falcons lose, I just kinda shrug it off now. 

2 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

That being said, the SB just a couple years ago also made me content. I definitely am not as emotionally invested as I used to be. When the Falcons lose, I just kinda shrug it off now. 

I get disappointed so there is that.

Glad you are at ease.

2 minutes ago, Tim Mazetti said:

I get disappointed so there is that.

Glad you are at ease.

It’s not that I’m at ease...I’m still disappointed with the last 2 seasons like you are. But the difference is, when they lose, I almost laugh instead of throw my hat across room with my day ruined like I used to. I’m still definitely invested in this team. I’m just not emotionally invested as much. If they win a super bowl in my lifetime, I will definitely remember it forever and likely shed a tear 

1 minute ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

It’s not that I’m at ease...I’m still disappointed with the last 2 seasons like you are. But the difference is, when they lose, I almost laugh instead of throw my hat across room with my day ruined like I used to. I’m still definitely invested in this team. I’m just not emotionally invested as much. If they win a super bowl in my lifetime, I will definitely remember it forever and likely shed a tear 

It is a long 46 year thing that I cant't let go of.

Glad you have.

I want my team to win. But it is only me and my little dog so I do throw stuff.......:D

Till the day I die. I understand wanting another taste after a while after you’ve won one, but I truthfully would not give an F about these last few seasons had we won it in 2016. That historic offense, beating Tom and the Patriots, blowing them out, it cannot get better than that.  Only having a perfect season could have topped that for me.

Would have bought every SB Champs merchandise possible and my wife who always thought I was joking when I said that, knew at halftime of that game we were about to put out some money and the best part about that was she was absolutely cool with it. She’s not a football fan but she knew how monumental that was going to be. We would have been headed to the parade in the ATL. 

And yet here I am hoping and wishing still that one day, I won’t care as much, I won’t get pissed as much, I’ll finally be able to sit down on the couch and enjoy the game instead of a standing every minute of it being pumped that we are winning or believing every second we can comeback even when I know we can’t.

10 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

It’s not that I’m at ease...I’m still on suicide watch with the last 2 seasons like you are. But the difference is, when they lose, I almost cry in the fetal position instead of throw my TV off the balcony  with my day ruined like I used to. I’m still definitely invested in this team. I’m just seriously  invested as much as ever. If they win a super bowl in my lifetime, I will definitely remember it forever and likely run through downtown naked...covered in peanut butter...

Now this is how he really feels..:D