Why the LSU game endeared A.J. Terrell to Raheem Morris the most

11 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I don’t listen to Kiper......period.   He couldn’t get hired as an NFL scout if he wanted.

Talk about bad tape - Kiper has a ton of it.   A broken clock is more right than Kiper.

And tbh, it's been like this for many years.  He's always been sort of the draft jockey that everyone enjoys because he's a smart, organized marketing guy.  But it's never been much of a secret that all of his rankings & opinions etc are all over the place & he's never that accurate.  Then again, nobody is ever super accurate when prognosticating all these college players.

18 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Lol. He is physical press corner in man to man. He will be terrible cover corner. Every one gets beat in man to man. 

I have no clue what you’re saying.  

AJ is 6’2 and 190 lbs.  That is paper thin and why you don’t want him jamming too much at the LOS.  He overextends and ends up off balance.  

If Chase exploits that, so will Thomas, Evans, Goodwin, Adams, Thielen, Waller, Allen, Hill, Cooper, Metkalf etc..

On 5/12/2020 at 4:13 PM, wuskillzz said:

This.  The people who were mad at the pick because of the LSU game remind of the people on these boards who wanted us to draft Kevin Dodd in the first based on his performance in the BCS game versus Alabama.  He lasted two years in the NFL

whole body of work is hard to judge due to the acc being a joke of a conf!

2 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Unless he gets some fluke injury, AJ will be a solid CB for us for many years.

I hope you are right but he has oliver written all over him and those 2 opposite of each other scares me to death

16 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

And tbh, it's been like this for many years.  He's always been sort of the draft jockey that everyone enjoys because he's a smart, organized marketing guy.  But it's never been much of a secret that all of his rankings & opinions etc are all over the place & he's never that accurate.  Then again, nobody is ever super accurate when prognosticating all these college players.

Kiper just has mouth diarrhea and he talks so fast and in such volume that he hopes you don’t notice there is no substance behind it.

It is also getting tougher to watch Kiper with his receding hairline.   It’s fine to be receding but keep that stuff short - the man is in denial.

2 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Kiper just has mouth diarrhea and he talks so fast and in such volume that he hopes you don’t notice there is no substance behind it.

It is also getting tougher to watch Kiper with his receding hairline.   It’s fine to be receding but keep that stuff short - the man is in denial.

I mean, nobody can realistically have solid info on all these prospects.  It’s too much of an ask.  It’s why there are area scouts.  His info on most players is generic and likely comes from somebody doing his homework for him.

8 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

True, but what bugged me most was how often he was asked to comment over the two other guys who were on the NFL Network crew.

And they shouldn’t use his board for the best available prospects ticker... lol.

6 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I mean, nobody can realistically have solid info on all these prospects.  It’s too much of an ask.  It’s why there are area scouts.  His info on most players is generic and likely comes from somebody doing his homework for him.

But to the sky screamers, we didn’t take CeeDee Lamb & so now our pick must be punished.

:rolleyes:

17 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

True, but what bugged me most was how often he was asked to comment over the two other guys who were on the NFL Network crew.

And they shouldn’t use his board for the best available prospects ticker... lol.

Mel Kipers job is to be controversial. The fact that we are talking about him means he does it well. 

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I have no clue what you’re saying.  

AJ is 6’2 and 190 lbs.  That is paper thin and why you don’t want him jamming too much at the LOS.  He overextends and ends up off balance.  

If Chase exploits that, so will Thomas, Evans, Goodwin, Adams, Thielen, Waller, Allen, Hill, Cooper, Metkalf etc..

He is a physical corner who played man most Of his career. Why would convert him in to a Cover corner. Playing man to man doesn’t depend on the weight alone, hand placement, leverage at the point of contact all play big role.

He is Lattimore lite, once he figures out how to ply with contact and not get called. I would put AJ on number 2 WR man to man and then Sheffield with safety help on Number 1.

1 minute ago, falcons007 said:

He is a physical corner who played man most Of his career. Why would convert him in to a Cover corner. Playing man to man doesn’t depend on the weight alone, hand placement, leverage at the point of contact all play big role.

He tries to be physical.  He isn’t big enough to effectively press guys like Evans.  I’m not saying he can’t play press man effectively, it just won’t be his best technique until a little weight/strength is added.  His strength is his speed and athleticism and that is best used in catch technique.  His best reps in college were in catch technique

On 5/12/2020 at 4:14 PM, Charles Wright said:

I like Morris a lot. If he's excited about Terrell I'm excited.

Agree. If Morris is sold on Terrell, I know he's got the tools and the psychological make-up to be a great player in the NFL. I can't wait to watch him grow into the big-game player we need at CB.

7 hours ago, Cole World said:

Exactly my point

Agree with your point.

All I can do is laugh when someone calls "reach" and cites Kiper as a quality source. 

A team builds their draft board how they see fit and the only thing that matters is how the players perform in that team's system.

All these people that claim they know something with the "should have traded back" or "waited until the next round" don't have any idea what was going on behind the scene any more than the rest of us do.

Only thing they prove is how ignorant jumping to conclusions makes people look.

This year's draft may suck, may be great or somewhere in between. The reality is that will be decided on the field and only time will tell.

1 hour ago, falconfreak1 said:

Mel Kipers job is to be controversial. The fact that we are talking about him means he does it well. 

Not really, it's the people that are trying to use him as a legit source for draft value that keep bringing him up. Most recognize he's nothing more than a media personality and just enjoy the laugh and move on.

3 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

How bout a source inside of Flowery Branch the guys actually in charge of building the team how bout those guys.

Or would you prefer the guy that has about 250 odd opinions on every player getting drafted and not the detail or direction in which the team wants to go or the outlook that the team is looking for when evaluating a player.

How bout a guy like Gil Brandt Bill Polian Charley Cassely experienced ex-GMs how bout those guys who will probably have a much different outlook than Kiper.If that’s onething I’ve learnt listening to the talking heads take them with a grain of salt don’t let them influence you.

In the end they are throwing darts blind folded just like the average fan but get paid for it which is thee only difference.

The same flowery branch that hasn't won a Superbowl in 50 plus years of trying?

20 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

The same flowery branch that hasn't won a Superbowl in 50 plus years of trying?

So you listen to the guy ho has no vested interest or insider information on how the team is built or how they evaluate talent.

I love this but listen to a guy who only has snippets of the picture because he knows lol ok then.I can see how the blinders are down with you.

50 years whoopee could have been the Cubs or Red Sox how long did they take to win it all.

You still haven’t explained how Terrell was a reach either.If any other moron says it’s because of that LSU outing I know there full of ****e and haven’t looked at his total body of work.

18 minutes ago, Vandy said:

He’s a big reason the draft is the extravaganza it is. 

That is true and I enjoyed him when he was only game in town 15-20yrs ago.

I credit the man as a businessman and self-promoter.   He basically willed himself into a media career.

After giving the man his due credit above, I have grown tired of his schtick.

3 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

He tries to be physical.  He isn’t big enough to effectively press guys like Evans.  I’m not saying he can’t play press man effectively, it just won’t be his best technique until a little weight/strength is added.  His strength is his speed and athleticism and that is best used in catch technique.  His best reps in college were in catch technique

There aren’t many guys who can press Evans or Julio.