I already hate myself for posting this.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not to mention in the 4th quarter, Ryan completed 5 of 7 (71%) for 91 yards... that's a QB rate of 113.69. That's pretty dang great for a guy who "looked lost" in a game that was "too big for him"

the one where freeman basically gave hightower a hi-five on the way by? that one?

Any defense with that lead needs the accountability on their shoulders rather than the QB who still put us in position to Put the game away in the 4th. Run, run, kick FG. Game over.

This year Ryan's cap hit will only rank #16 amongst NFL QBs at just under 19,000,000.

The year we made it to the SB he made only about 15,750,000 that season.

Last season was the  biggest hit of his new deal at almost 45,000,000 cap hit.

All this according to Spotrac 

QB rankings:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/quarterback/

Matt Ryan career earnings

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/atlanta-falcons/matt-ryan-3983/cash-earnings/#

Whats interesting is that for every contract of his, the years where his cap hit was the highest, we had some of the worst records.

I agree that paying QBs big money hamstrings your ability to build a complete roster with quality depth. However I think you take the ebbs and flows of the cap hits and try to strike wherever possible to go all in. 

13 minutes ago, Charles Wright said:

Agree on the contracts handicapping the team. Yeah he took us to the SB but the moment was TOO big for him. Looked lost; 4th quarter.

Any defense with that lead needs the accountability on their shoulders rather than the QB who still put us in position to Put the game away in the 4th. Run, run, kick FG. Game over.

3 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

Not to mention in the 4th quarter, Ryan completed 5 of 7 (71%) for 91 yards... that's a QB rate of 113.69. That's pretty dang great for a guy who "looked lost" in a game that was "too big for him"

4 minutes ago, Charles Wright said:

Yes it would seem, but there were a lot of 3 and outs and no defense late in the game can be effective against the Pats O on short rest. Some was play calling but much was mr. Ryan. Taking that sack fumble just juiced up the Pats. I could smell the end coming right then, sigh.  

O-line gets a pass on that, huh?

56 minutes ago, ADAMSVILLE GYM said:

I hope the real football minds understand why I did.

*ugh.

I started a thread on this a few months ago.  It was not received well..lol

On 2/27/2020 at 1:54 PM, FalconsIn2012 said:

This isn’t meant to bash on Ryan.  Just interesting to see the data.  Ryan’s % of CAP is 12.5% this year and 17.5% next year.  Here are the SB winning QB since 1995

Elway 5.20%

Elway 5.00%

Warner 1.30%

Dilfer 1.60%

Brady 0.47%

Johnson 7.60%

Btady 4.40%

Brady 6.30%

Big Ben 4.90%

P Manning10.40%

E Manning 9.20%

Big Ben 6.80%

Brees 8.30%

E. Manning 11.70%

Flacco 6.60%

Wilson 0.56%

P Manning 11.66%

Brady 8.62%

Foles 0.91%

Brady 10.68%

Mahomes 0.96%

Average CAP assumed by SB winning QB: 5.6% since 1995

6 minutes ago, Charles Wright said:

Yes it would seem, but there were a lot of 3 and outs and no defense late in the game can be effective against the Pats O on short rest. Some was play calling but much was mr. Ryan. Taking that sack fumble just juiced up the Pats. I could smell the end coming right then, sigh.  

the one where freeman basically gave hightower a hi-five on the way by? that one?

4 minutes ago, Charles Wright said:

That is a point, but in that situation to hold the ball like that and fumble was very crucial.

1. on that play his progression was from left to right so hightower came from the blind side

2. he was throwing the ball when he got hit, so literally all freeman had to do was be a speedbump and the ball would've been gone

you're fishing for reasons to point the finger at him