Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have to blame @Francis York Morgan for leading me down this rabbit hole.  He mentioned our 1980 loss to the Cowboys.  It was a game we controlled for 3.5 quarters...but as we are prone to do, the Falcons were outscored 20-3 in the 4th and lost to an inferior Cowboys team. 

Whats astounding is our history of 4th quarter collapses in the biggest games.    

€.  1980 Divisional Rd: Outscored  19-3

€.  2012 Divisional Rd: Outscored  21-3

€.  2012 NFCCG:  Outscored 7-0

€.  2016 SB:  Outscored 25-0

That’s simply awful.  Plain and simple

Then consider In 7 of 10 playoff games since 2008 the Falcons scored 7 or less points in the 2nd half.  No wonder I drink.   

They owe us fans a Lombardi 

7 minutes ago, FALCONTALON83 said:

You cherry picked 4 games in falcons history and say we were outscored by so many points in the forth quarter. Tell me you can't do that with all NFL teams?

Yeah, he needs to at least add those two wins before the SB loss.

23 minutes ago, FALCONTALON83 said:

You cherry picked 4 games in falcons history and say we were outscored by so many points in the forth quarter. Tell me you can't do that with all NFL teams?

He didn't cherry pick anything. He used arguably the 4 most important games in the team's history (outside of the 98 season).

24 minutes ago, FALCONTALON83 said:

Youre right...... he forgot to add the other thousand games where the falcons choked 

20 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

Matt Ryan has 30 career 4th quarter comeback wins... more than Montana and Favre. Put down the bottle bro

Just shows you how bad we are on 4th quarters.  We roll over and play dead during the 4th quarter.  The Pats owner is bragging he is donating the superbowl collapse ring... go check out his bragging video.  We have perfected taking a lead and tossing it away.

Matt would not have to work so hard to salvage a game if we actually could play all 4 quarters.

2 minutes ago, Realsurfin said:

Just shows you how bad we are on 4th quarters.  We roll over and play dead during the 4th quarter.  The Pats owner is bragging he is donating the superbowl collapse ring... go check out his bragging video.  We have perfected taking a lead and tossing it away.

Matt would not have to work so hard to salvage a game if we actually could play all 4 quarters.

That's my point. We don't roll over and die in the 4th quarter for the most part. MR2 is #8 lifetime in 4th quarter comebacks

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

That's my point. We don't roll over and die in the 4th quarter for the most part. MR2 is #8 lifetime in 4th quarter comebacks

Buddy years we lose it in the 4th... its our MO.... as the say in the detective stories. For years and years.

Edited by Realsurfin

50 minutes ago, Realsurfin said:

Buddy years we lose it in the 4th... its our MO.... as the say in the detective stories. For years and years.

2017 Wildcard v Rams 7-3 in 4th after 19-10 lead

2016 Division v Seahawks 10-7 in 4th after 26-13 lead

2016 NFC Championship v Packers 7-6 in 4th after 37-15 lead

2005 v Rams 9-0  in 4th after 38-17 lead

1999 v Vikings 10-7 in 4th + 3-0 in OT

1991 v Saints 10-7 in 4th

3 hours ago, FALCONTALON83 said:

We didn’t have sizable leads in the 4th quarter of those games

The point was really just about the Falcons blowing the biggest lead in SB history, NFCCG history & NFC Divisional Rd history.  

Then I noticed in 7 of 10 playoff games we scored 7 or less points in the 2nd half.  

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I have to blame @Francis York Morgan for leading me down this rabbit hole.  He mentioned our 1980 loss to the Cowboys.  It was a game we controlled for 3.5 quarters...but as we are prone to do, the Falcons were outscored 20-3 in the 4th and lost to an inferior Cowboys team. 

Whats astounding is our history of 4th quarter collapses in the biggest games.    

€.  1980 Divisional Rd: Outscored  19-3

€.  2012 Divisional Rd: Outscored  21-3

€.  2012 NFCCG:  Outscored 7-0

€.  2016 SB:  Outscored 25-0

That’s simply awful.  Plain and simple

Then consider In 7 of 10 playoff games since 2008 the Falcons scored 7 or less points in the 2nd half.  No wonder I drink.   

They owe us fans a Lombardi 

Dude I was only 5 when that Cowboys lost happened but I remember my Dad carping about it for years afterwards.

Edited by Godzilla1985

1 hour ago, Mister pudding said:

2017 Wildcard v Rams 7-3 in 4th after 19-10 lead

2016 Division v Seahawks 10-7 in 4th after 26-13 lead

2016 NFC Championship v Packers 7-6 in 4th after 37-15 lead

2005 v Rams 9-0  in 4th after 38-17 lead

1999 v Vikings 10-7 in 4th + 3-0 in OT

1991 v Saints 10-7 in 4th

Statistics are like bikinis, what they reveal is interesting. But what they hide is vital.