The Rise and Fall of Todd Gurley: A Film Breakdown of what REALLY Happened

That’s an outstanding analysis.  

I watched tens of dozens of runs from Gurley in 2017, the. 2018 then 2019 and I was unable to discern any significant drop in his play (not talking about stats) from quickness, power, vision, explosion......I was perplexed when posters here were claiming he was broken or washed up........even just watching his 2019 highlights I was saying the 2019 Gurley will be a huge asset to us. Just need to monitor his carries so he’s good for post season.

Gurley will rock the rock if, he is used correctly. With that said, JJ and Ridley need to eat for Gurley to pound the rock.
Gurley has to hit that hole with explosive thrusts in order to extend the reach down the slot. I expect that to happen and further, that his explosive burst will not be shut down prematurely! 

2 hours ago, gazoo said:

That’s an outstanding analysis.  

I watched tens of dozens of runs from Gurley in 2017, the. 2018 then 2019 and I was unable to discern any significant drop in his play (not talking about stats) from quickness, power, vision, explosion......I was perplexed when posters here were claiming he was broken or washed up........even just watching his 2019 highlights I was saying the 2019 Gurley will be a huge asset to us. Just need to monitor his carries so he’s good for post season.

Agreed. What surprised me the most with all the “he’s washed up talk” was that when I watched game film from last season he looked just as fast as previous seasons. It doesn’t look like he’s lost any athleticism to me. 

1 hour ago, SoCalFalconFan said:

Agreed. What surprised me the most with all the “he’s washed up talk” was that when I watched game film from last season he looked just as fast as previous seasons. It doesn’t look like he’s lost any athleticism to me. 

Some just look at stats, form their opinions, and no amount of film will change them.  I’m with you, I was watching the 2019 runs asked everyone what the heck they were talking about.  He looked great and a huge cut above what we’ve had here lately.

Great video, and confirms what I was thinking in the limited amount I’ve watched Gurley. Doesn’t look any different physically to me but something about the scheme just was clicking. Constantly look like he was just running into a wall. Honestly the same way Freeman was looking towards the end. Idk if we have the o-line to revive Gurley but maybe the “he’s done” narrative will work in our favor and teams will sleep on him

10 hours ago, roguebeaver said:

Gurley will rock the rock if, he is used correctly. With that said, JJ and Ridley need to eat for Gurley to pound the rock.
Gurley has to hit that hole with explosive thrusts in order to extend the reach down the slot. I expect that to happen and further, that his explosive burst will not be shut down prematurely! 

As Gucci aka @Ezekiel 25:17 would say, “That’s what she said!”

10 hours ago, roguebeaver said:

It’s not how hard you hit the holes with explosive thrusts. But can he last long enough to grind and bring home the glory.

I agree with the video. If you have effective line blocking, the RB don't matter as much. His condition won't be as much of an impediment. However, if the line isn't creating big gaps the physical tools of the RB matters more and Gurley could be like 2019 Gurley. His production will be linked to the performance of the OL. He won't be superman who leaps unblocked defenses in a single bound. Video pretty much nailed it.

Posted (edited)

What happened is he needed money, got paid for a autograph.  got suspended by Georgia ( the SAME Georgia that STILL makes money off his name and likeness) and instead of telling them to kick rocks and turning pro, came back for " the good ole university" and wrecked his knee.  THATS what happened...

Georgia RB Todd Gurley has torn ACL in left knee - Sports Illustrated

Edited by Spts1