• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Warford wasn’t a 1st rounder so zero chance TD brings him in.

Agree. Rather have Mack than Warford though, so we good.

Pretty sure we got all the starters we need and really don’t have the cap to add a luxury backup.

7 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Why did yall let him go? how many probowls did he go to as a Saint?

He and other aints fans have been spinning it as a good move. As if peat/Ruiz will be an improvement over warford in their team’s interior OL. 

Kinda like we’ve been doing about our new TE > Hooper. 

Maybe it will, maybe it won’t. More hope than body of evidence. 

On 5/13/2020 at 6:02 PM, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Why did yall let him go? how many probowls did he go to as a Saint?

He made 3, but the 3rd one last year he made solely on his reputation alone because his play last year was a significant drop off compared to his first two years and anyone that has watched the the game film realizes that.

The team was also unhappy with him coming in out of shape last year and felt that was a huge factor in his underwhelming performance. His ~$12M cap hit this year was also a big piece of it.

19 hours ago, Vandy said:

He and other aints fans have been spinning it as a good move. As if peat/Ruiz will be an improvement over warford in their team’s interior OL.

Tape don’t lie. We gave up 25 sacks last year (the most since 2016 when they gave up 27), a 25% increase in one season compared to the 2017-18 seasons and 2017-18 Warford wasn’t going to be suiting up for the 2020 Saints.

But I’ll happily extend a friendly wager if you’d care to participate? Doesn’t have to be anything big, $5 or $10 or so to the other’s charity of choice perhaps?

I’ll bet we give up fewer sacks this year than in 2019. Since we gave up 25 in 2019, that’d put the mark at 24 or less for me to win. 25 or more and you’ll be the victor if you decide to take it on. :)

8 hours ago, Iron Saint said:

He made 3, but the 3rd one last year he made solely on his reputation alone because his play last year was a significant drop off compared to his first two years and anyone that has watched the the game film realizes that.

The team was also unhappy with him coming in out of shape last year and felt that was a huge factor in his underwhelming performance. His ~$12M cap hit this year was also a big piece of it.

Tape don’t lie. We gave up 25 sacks last year (the most since 2016 when they gave up 27), a 25% increase in one season compared to the 2017-18 seasons and 2017-18 Warford wasn’t going to be suiting up for the 2020 Saints.

But I’ll happily extend a friendly wager if you’d care to participate? Doesn’t have to be anything big, $5 or $10 or so to the other’s charity of choice perhaps?

I’ll bet we give up fewer sacks this year than in 2019. Since we gave up 25 in 2019, that’d put the mark at 24 or less for me to win. 25 or more and you’ll be the victor if you decide to take it on. :)

I’m seeing just 22 last year IS.....what am I missing here?

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/nfl/offensive-line/2019

Otherwise, I’m game for an over/under bet my friend. $10 fav charity is good for me. 

9 hours ago, Iron Saint said:

25 sacks is such a wonderful number. I'm jealous. 

9 hours ago, Vandy said:

I’m seeing just 22 last year IS.....what am I missing here?

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/nfl/offensive-line/2019

Otherwise, I’m game for an over/under bet my friend. $10 fav charity is good for me. 

Hmm, that's odd indeed. Both NFL.com and  PFR (got to click on "Pressure" under the Advanced Passing heading) have us giving up 25; PFR has it broken down to Brees getting sacked 12 times, Bridgewater 12 times, and Taysom once, that's why I quoted 25.

But aye, that's the spirit! Charity bets are always fun. So once we can agree on a number then we'll have a gentleman's agreement! :lol:

Also WOAH, I see y'all got some new emojis! Perfect time to use my favorite one on y'all board... ⚜️

9 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

25 sacks is such a wonderful number. I'm jealous. 

Hahaha, fair enough; I know I'm spoiled. I've gotten accustomed to 20 sack seasons. 😜

Edited by Iron Saint
24 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

Hmm, that's odd indeed. Both NFL.com and  PFR (got to click on "Pressure" under the Advanced Passing heading) have us giving up 25; PFR has it broken down to Brees getting sacked 12 times, Bridgewater 12 times, and Taysom once, that's why I quoted 25.

But aye, that's the spirit! Charity bets are always fun. So once we can agree on a number then we'll have a gentleman's agreement! :lol:

Also WOAH, I see y'all got some new emojis! Perfect time to use my favorite one on y'all board... ⚜️

Hahaha, fair enough; I know I'm spoiled. I've gotten accustomed to 20 sack seasons. 😜

Ain't this a ***** @JD dirtybird21 when did the new emojis come. I haven't noticed until just now

20 hours ago, Iron Saint said:

If we had a season where we only gave up 25 sacks I am convinced we would win it all. That would be lightening in a bottle for us.

On 5/14/2020 at 2:43 AM, Vandy said:

I ve been the head of the Harrison Hurst fan club since 2017. I m a big fan of Hunter Henry, just because he has the same inititials. Hurst is going to be as huge for us as Turner was.

On 5/14/2020 at 2:43 AM, Vandy said:

The only thing that Peat is better at than Warford is his speed, that’s really it.  So if they cut Warford and kept Peat, it has to be because they want to run more screens or get them out in space more.  Otherwise I have no idea why you cut Warford and keep Peat when Peat is their worst starting linemen.

On 5/15/2020 at 5:56 PM, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

If we had a season where we only gave up 25 sacks I am convinced we would win it all. That would be lightening in a bottle for us.

Well we can't be having that now, can we? 😜

On 5/15/2020 at 6:23 PM, Rings said:

The only thing that Peat is better at than Warford is his speed, that’s really it.  So if they cut Warford and kept Peat, it has to be because they want to run more screens or get them out in space more.  Otherwise I have no idea why you cut Warford and keep Peat when Peat is their worst starting linemen.

Nah, Peat is better than Warford at run blocking; Peat is a mauling run blocker. Warford has/had an edge in pass blocking, but Peat is also far more versatile being able to play every position but center while I only believe Warford can only play OG and maybe center. In 2017 and 2018, I'd agree that Peat would've been the "weak link" on our line, but not last year.

Peat's also two and a half years younger while Warford is nearing 30. At 30 years old, the organization probably felt he wouldn't garner significant big money offers in free agency next year to possibly set up a 2022 compensatory pick if we retained him this year to finish out his contract, so when no teams bit on trading for him, they probably just saw it a better option to free up a little extra money on the books to setup another move by letting him go.

Gonobeast’s versatility is a lot like Peats.  Can play 4/5.  It’s been stated by coaches most athletic ol on the team. Wonder why Gono doesn’t play when he grades out well each time he plays.  Just 23-24 years old.  Play him at LG and hole filled for the next 8 years. 

Edited by Gonobeast