• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Warford wasn’t a 1st rounder so zero chance TD brings him in.

Agree. Rather have Mack than Warford though, so we good.

Pretty sure we got all the starters we need and really don’t have the cap to add a luxury backup.

12 hours ago, Drvillain said:

Use the money you got to get a guy like Everson Griffen for the Dline.

Honestly, I’m hoping that’s what we do with the $7.75M we got from releasing Warford.

11 hours ago, vel said:

Ruiz has to perform as a top ten OG, not just RG but OG, as a rookie to be better than Warford or they've effectively downgraded their RG spot for no reason. Especially when Ruiz hasn't played RG since a couple games as a freshman.

Ruiz is going to be our center, McCoy is going to slide over to RG.

22 hours ago, Cheyakita said:

Pretty sure we got all the starters we need and really don’t have the cap to add a luxury backup.

You don’t think Warford would start over Hennessy, Brown, or Carpenter? Hennessy wasn’t a first rounder draft pick where you have to start him. He can really be groomed to take over for Mack. Doesn’t have to play right away. Brown and Carpenter, no need to explain 

Just now, blizzard_falcon said:

Can't believe there are so many people on here saying Warford wouldn't immediately be the best left guard on our roster.

Who would get cut? Gono, Wetzel, McCray ... take your pick.

Yeah I understand the money aspect but I mean seriously we have plenty of camp bodies that can get cut right now lol. Idk what world some people live in sometimes 

If Atlanta let’s Gonobeast play LG he will be the best guard on the team.  He was not drafted which is why there is reluctance to play him in my opinion.  I think it was excellent scouting by Atlanta but the person or people who select the picks might not think so.  It doesn’t look good for any picker when an undrafted player rookie is better than the 1st round players and brought in vet FA.   Play Gono and fill the hole. 

Just hope that he ends in the AFC someone other than the AFC West and that New Orleans (and Brees especially) ends up regretting they let him go.

If we signed him and moved Lindstrom to LG, Hennessy definitely only gets minimal playing time behind Mack, we would have to dump at least Carpenter or Brown or both for roster space with little cap space gained, and only have a RG here for 2-3 years until he really starts wearing down (similar to how Chester was).

14 hours ago, Gonobeast said:

If Atlanta let’s Gonobeast play LG he will be the best guard on the team.  He was not drafted which is why there is reluctance to play him in my opinion.  I think it was excellent scouting by Atlanta but the person or people who select the picks might not think so.  It doesn’t look good for any picker when an undrafted player rookie is better than the 1st round players and brought in vet FA.   Play Gono and fill the hole. 

Better than a Lindstrom...give me a ******* break dude.

1 hour ago, 1989Fan said:

Better than a Lindstrom...give me a ******* break dude.

Yes - Gono graded higher than Lindstrom in his lone Nfl start.  I think Lindstrom played in that game as well.  With more game experience he only gets better.  I believe he would better.  Certainly not worse.   6.5 335lb of power and athleticism.  Play Gonobeast at LG and move on.  He’s an NFL starter.  Not a swing T backup.  

Still, it wasn’t until the NFLPA Collegiate Bowl at the Rose Bowl in January that Gono actually started believing he could reach the NFL. 

He wasn’t well known amongst his peers – coaches and players would raise their eyebrows when he said he was from Wesley.

But he garnered the starting left guard spot his first day of practice and the TV broadcasters singled him out as the player of the game.

Gonobeast is the LG answer 

10 hours ago, Gonobeast said:

Yes - Gono graded higher than Lindstrom in his lone Nfl start.  I think Lindstrom played in that game as well.  With more game experience he only gets better.  I believe he would better.  Certainly not worse.   6.5 335lb of power and athleticism.  Play Gonobeast at LG and move on.  He’s an NFL starter.  Not a swing T backup.  

When did he gain this much weight? Think you said 340 another time. Falcons need to update I guess, they have him listed at 305.

i like Gono, been a fan since his first camps...but he’s not in the same league as Lindstrom. I say that as someone who worries he will leave here and end up a plus starter at tackle for another team.

you related or know him from school or something?

20 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

two years in a row with a rookie center? Doesnt seem to make sense. Wasnt McCoy solid last year?

He was and I didn’t like the idea either at first, but our front office/coaching staff feels that Ruiz checks all the boxes to be a stud center. They were apparently impressed with his ability to make all the OL calls in addition to his actual play. That’s something that apparently McCoy couldn’t handle or simply wasn’t tasked with as a rookie and instead Payton had Warford handle those duties.

One thing I will not question the organization on is their thought process and evaluation of OL talent because they’ve continuously shown they know what they’re looking for and I do not. :lol:

8 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

He was and I didn’t like the idea either at first, but our front office/coaching staff feels that Ruiz checks all the boxes to be a stud center. They were apparently impressed with his ability to make all the OL calls in addition to his actual play. That’s something that apparently McCoy couldn’t handle or simply wasn’t tasked with as a rookie and instead Payton had Warford handle those duties.

One thing I will not question the organization on is their thought process and evaluation of OL talent because they’ve continuously shown they know what they’re looking for and I do not. :lol:

yeah theyve been solid on OL particularly IOL. Hopefully weve finally figured it out.