• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Warford wasn’t a 1st rounder so zero chance TD brings him in.

Agree. Rather have Mack than Warford though, so we good.

Pretty sure we got all the starters we need and really don’t have the cap to add a luxury backup.

13 minutes ago, Cheyakita said:

Pretty sure we got all the starters we need and really don’t have the cap to add a luxury backup.

Although I agree in terms of the cap because he won't be cheap, he wouldn't be a luxury backup.

Warford is a perennial Pro Bowler who's been there the past 3 years straight. Including last season.

He'd be an instant starter wherever he goes. I wonder was this just strictly a cap move by the Saints by drafting Cesar Ruiz and cutting a top OG in Warford?

1 minute ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Although I agree in terms of the cap because he won't be cheap, he wouldn't be a luxury backup.

Warford is a perennial Pro Bowler who's been there the past 3 years straight. Including last season.

He'd be an instant starter wherever he goes. I wonder was this just strictly a cap move by the Saints by drafting Cesar Ruiz and cutting Warford?

How much did they save?

Use the money you got to get a guy like Everson Griffen for the Dline.

I like the guys we have competing for the spot. Carptenter & Brown  both with a second year into the scheme and with more chemistry with the group. Gono hopefully given a shot, and promising rookie Hennessey with good athleticism, versatility, and smarts. 

1 hour ago, Nino11 said:

I know he’s an ex Saint but he could definitely beef up the O-Line. #BringEmHomeTD

Ill pass , his better days are behind him ... great coming out of college 

49 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Hate to say it but....

@vel I told ya so.

Since you're begging for a response, I never said he wouldn't be cut. I said cutting a Pro Bowl RG in the final year of Brees career to hope a rookie can replace him is stupid. But go ahead and act like I said Warford wasn't going to be cut or that it isn't a questionable decision. Ruiz has to perform as a top ten OG, not just RG but OG, as a rookie to be better than Warford or they've effectively downgraded their RG spot for no reason. Especially when Ruiz hasn't played RG since a couple games as a freshman.

1 hour ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

He'd be an instant starter wherever he goes. I wonder was this just strictly a cap move by the Saints by drafting Cesar Ruiz and cutting a top OG in Warford?

Yeah you are right he would start but it would be odd after we drafted Hennessy. If we had Warford money we could better use that on Griffin

13 minutes ago, Cheyakita said:

Yeah you are right he would start but it would be odd after we drafted Hennessy. If we had Warford money we could better use that on Griffin

I agree.

Use that money on defense and draft an OG within the first 3 rounds next season.