Best rivalry in the NFL?

While acknowledging that the Saints/Falcons are a very strong rivalry, there are many fans who say that 2 teams that always play each other indoors have a history that lacks the elements that create true rival conditions.

Since football was created to be played outside, I gotta agree to some extent, but we are certainly each other's greatest rival, but maybe not the NFL's.

7 minutes ago, RetroRoq said:

While acknowledging that the Saints/Falcons are a very strong rivalry, there are many fans who say that 2 teams that always play each other indoors have a history that lacks the elements that create true rival conditions.

Since football was created to be played outside, I gotta agree to some extent, but we are certainly each other's greatest rival, but maybe not the NFL's.

I disagree.

Falcons vs Saints games are always entertaining because they are full of drama, hard hits, late game turnovers, and also are fun during the build up to the games for both players and fans. Even had historical records and streaks broken in some of those games.

I'd take those fun Falcons/Saints games over a very cold Packers/Bears game that is just mildly good any Sunday and twice on Monday.

6 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

I disagree.

Falcons vs Saints games are always entertaining because they are full of drama, hard hits, late game turnovers, and also are fun during the build up to the games for both players and fans. Even had historical records and streaks broken in some of those games.

I'd take those fun Falcons/Saints games over a very cold Packers/Bears game that is just mildly good any Sunday and twice on Monday.

Yup.

When the Falcons and the taints play, there is a better than decent chance if seeing something that you rarely/never  see.

4 score gamed going into tbe 4th that get wilted to a one possession game? For sure.

Double pass interference?  Seen it 

"Not holding because it is a screen pass"? Yup

Games ending on the head coach getting flagged for running on to the field?? Umhm.

Not one, not 2 but THREE successful on side kicks in a row?....yeah that happened

Indoors or out...our games are almost always game of the week candidates.

Anyone who deniess that is stupid.

Saints/Falcons, Cowboys/Eagles, Packers/Bears. Those three are always insanely competitive games no matter the season and rightly so. In the South the love of college football rivalry spills over into the pro game like no where else. As a Michigan fan the only team I hate more than Ohio State is that stain of a program in New Orleans, but that's why we play the games. In high school Redlands East Valley and in college, while playing at Oregon State I loathed Oregon and at Humboldt State it was Central Washington, with a close second being Dixie State because I knew a few guys on the team.

Needless to say the disdain I feel for the Saints is right up there. It is a top three rivalry. Maybe Packers/Vikings can make the cut too but there is something to be said about Falcons/Saints.

4 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Yup.

When the Falcons and the taints play, there is a better than decent chance if seeing something that you rarely/never  see.

4 score gamed going into tbe 4th that get wilted to a one possession game? For sure.

Double pass interference?  Seen it 

"Not holding because it is a screen pass"? Yup

Games ending on the head coach getting flagged for running on to the field?? Umhm.

Not one, not 2 but THREE successful on side kicks in a row?....yeah that happened

Indoors or out...our games are almost always game of the week candidates.

Anyone who deniess that is stupid.

Don't forget the Brees intentional grounding/safety that was negated by a made up rule by a ref.

Just now, falconsd56 said:

I mentioned that one...that is the one where holding was not called because it was a screen pass.

Oh, yeah.

Forgot about the holding part of that play lol.

Also, I remember a play where Decoud completely smacked Brees during a blitz sack, but it was stupidly called a roughing penalty by the refs.

26 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Oh, yeah.

Forgot about the holding part of that play lol.

Also, I remember a play where Decoud completely smacked Brees during a blitz sack, but it was stupidly called a roughing penalty by the refs.

I seem to recall that.

Fans of every team think their team is part of the greatest rivalry in the NFL.   I know a Bears fan who can't sleep the night before they play the Pack.  Same with my stepdad who bleeds Washington Redskin maroon and breaks things when they lose to the Dallas Pokes.  

I don't go quite that far with it, but I do know it always feels more tense when we go against the Stinktown Taints.   Hate losing to that bunch.  

The word 'fan' comes from 'fanatic'...and that's a good thing.  

1 hour ago, pearljamnash13 said:

Saints/Falcons, Cowboys/Eagles, Packers/Bears. Those three are always insanely competitive games no matter the season and rightly so. In the South the love of college football rivalry spills over into the pro game like no where else. As a Michigan fan the only team I hate more than Ohio State is that stain of a program in New Orleans, but that's why we play the games. In high school Redlands East Valley and in college, while playing at Oregon State I loathed Oregon and at Humboldt State it was Central Washington, with a close second being Dixie State because I knew a few guys on the team.

Needless to say the disdain I feel for the Saints is right up there. It is a top three rivalry. Maybe Packers/Vikings can make the cut too but there is something to be said about Falcons/Saints.

yup

2 hours ago, RetroRoq said:

I see what you are saying but a little rain or snow doesn't make two teams hate each other more lol