Sneaky Sneaky Spoilers. Shhhh...don't talk loud.

Tough schedule. Seattle, Dallas, Chicago and GB right out of the gate, and with a coach that never seems to have the guys ready to go week 1, that's scary. Chicago is the weakest of the 3 but not a slouch team, just an awful QB - but their D is good enough to keep them in games anyway.

1 hour ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

Tough schedule. Seattle, Dallas, Chicago and GB right out of the gate, and with a coach that never seems to have the guys ready to go week 1, that's scary. Chicago is the weakest of the 3 but not a slouch team, just an awful QB - but their D is good enough to keep them in games anyway.

We always play Seattle tough, Dallas is meh, I think Green Bay takes a step back, Chicago has no offense.

I could easily see us being 4-1 in the first 5.

1 hour ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

I disagree. 

SEA - When we are healthy we match up and play them very well.  Especially in ATL.

DAL - Very beatable.  They lost a lot on D and Dak has never scared me. 

CHI - Nick Foles is not the answer.  I like our first round pick filled OL against their DL.

GB - See the Seattle comment.  We know how to beat Rodgers. 

Seattle will be a tough start,  but with them coming east it could be an advantage.  

Dallas should be a good tough game. 

Chicago will probably still be trying to figure out who their QB will be, but their backs can make things difficult. 

Quinn has Green Bays number the last few times,  this could also apply to Dallas since they now have McCarthy. 

I think we're going to be ok this year. 

1 hour ago, Run 'n' Shoot said:

I cautiously agree with the over. Double digits wins and playoffs are definitely a possibility with the extended field. The key, as always, will be staying healthy.

I agree.  Looking at the schedule, if we play disciplined football and stay healthy, we could easily finish 11-5.

We get TB late in the year when Brady's arm will be mush.  We will likely split with the Saints.  Sweep the Panties.  Should be 5-1 after the first six games. 

7 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

We always play Seattle tough, Dallas is meh, I think Green Bay takes a step back, Chicago has no offense.

I could easily see us being 4-1 in the first 5.

Seattle is a good opening home game for us. The fans (yes, I'm saying the fans get to attend) will be out of their minds for the season to start and will be in full throat to get this team a win in that first game.

Hopefully it will motivate Quinn to have this team ready to play regular season football by then. Too often it seems he has the team mentally and physically ready to start preseason by the start of the regular season.

If we start off 4-1, Brees and Brady are going to realize that cakewalk to the division title they had been promised by the sports pundits was all fake news. :lol:

14 minutes ago, thamill said:

I disagree. 

SEA - When we are healthy we match up and play them very well.  Especially in ATL.

CHI - Nick Foles is not the answer.  I like our first round pick filled OL against their DL.

Those are still talented teams. Keep in mind much of the issue I see is how badly we seem prepared early in the season - agree the SEA game being in ATL will be a big difference. As for DAL, I barely acknowledge Dak exists, he's basically irrelevant almost as far as I'm concerned - their running game is generally very good though. Also agree their D probably won't be as good as last year.

I'm not saying we don't stack up talent wise, just that I don't trust our guys to be ready given Quinn's history and we start out playing some pretty capable opponents.

1 hour ago, thamill said:

I disagree. 

SEA - Being home vs Seattle is a lot better than on the road.  I can see us winning this one especially with their running backs coming off injuries.

DAL - Dak is the wild card, I can see him going off against us especially against our young CBs.  Toss up, but I can also see Ryan going off against their secondary.  Battle of rookie CBs, Terrell and Diggs who steps up.

CHI - If we can give Ryan a somewhat clean pocket we can win this fairly easily.  If Mack and Quinn are living in the backfield will be tough.

GB - We've seemed to know how to beat them since DQ came here.  Packers gave Rodgers 0 help from the draft and he seemed to take a step back last year.  Will be interesting to see if he does better in 2nd year in system (similar to what we see with Ryan with the plethora of OCs we've seen him get throughout his career. 

Can see a 3-1 start - glad we get GB early in the year avoid weather problems

1 hour ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

Seattle will be a tough start,  but with them coming east it could be an advantage.  

Dallas should be a good tough game. 

Chicago will probably still be trying to figure out who their QB will be, but their backs can make things difficult. 

Quinn has Green Bays number the last few times,  this could also apply to Dallas since they now have McCarthy. 

I think we're going to be ok this year. 

Chicago actually sucks at utilizing their RBs well. Outside of a Tarik Cohen game here and there, Matt Nagy’s RBs have done nothing. He ruined Jordan Howard and I’m still pissed about that. 

6 hours ago, SipDirtyBird84 said:

The biggest question mark is our pass rush. Our biggest addition to our pass rush was Marlon Davidson.  

Hope we make one more solid move at DE.

Biggest question mark is our OC and our running game.

I guarantee you this if this team plays with a lead the defense plays a lot better.

If Koetter can get the first mentioned soughted this team can be dangerous.If he keeps screwing the pooch with Gurley back there and the same subpar mish mash of a running scheme we’ll see the up n down horse manure we saw last year.

We got a double digit TD guy in our backfield now if Koetter and Morgan can get this thing figured out as above we can go deep.