The Angel Gabriel

This is the last offensive piece that I want. He should be relatively cheap with the Bears owing him after cutting him 2 years early. He had great success with the Falcons and good chemistry with MR2. He is the speed threat that we need in DK's offense and to punish double and triple teams on Julio. Wide receiver screens, WR handoffs... this man opens so many doors to our offense. Video to jog your memory.

3 hours ago, Mister pudding said:

Gabriel's catch % was 68% with the Falcons, Marvin was below 40%. It's more than just speed 

That's true. I just don't see the need with Koetter. he just isn't a good blocker and a number 4 wr needs that. That.said I wouldnt hate it but I'd rather have Patty D if we're taking a guy from 2016. 

8 hours ago, Mister pudding said:

He got 749 Yards from scrimmage with the Bears in 2018. 70% completion 

Gabriel is supposed to be a deep threat/playmaker. Only Shanahan got that out of him. He put up possession receiver numbers in Chicago. 10 ypc with 4.2 speed? Those numbers looks more like Harry Douglas when everybody was hurt that one year

3 minutes ago, cwell1 said:

Gabriel is supposed to be a deep threat/playmaker. Only Shanahan got that out of him. He put up possession receiver numbers in Chicago. 10 ypc with 4.2 speed? Those numbers looks more like Harry Douglas when everybody was hurt that one year

To be fair, the ONLY thing he had in Chicago that should have at minimum inflated his stats was Trubisky's arm strength. Outside of that I cant think of a QB that hes played with that's better than Ryan. 

3 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

To be fair, the ONLY thing he had in Chicago that should have at minimum inflated his stats was Trubisky's arm strength. Outside of that I cant think of a QB that hes played with that's better than Ryan. 

When I say only Shanahan knows how to use him, besides the extra touchdowns, Gabriel’s rookie year with the Browns under Shanahan was just as explosive as his 2016 year here. I doubt his QB was that great then

People are speaking on Gabriel as if he’ll be that same guy from our Super Bowl season but you’re not gonna get that guy without Kyle. He was an afterthought in our offense when Sark took over

21 minutes ago, cwell1 said:

When I say only Shanahan knows how to use him, besides the extra touchdowns, Gabriel’s rookie year with the Browns under Shanahan was just as explosive as his 2016 year here. I doubt his QB was that great then

People are speaking on Gabriel as if he’ll be that same guy from our Super Bowl season but you’re not gonna get that guy without Kyle. He was an afterthought in our offense when Sark took over

This is true. But Koetter is not Sark. I hated his offense (not that I love koetter). Julio put up 1,400 yards, but only had 3 TDs himself in 2017

55 minutes ago, cwell1 said:

The only reason he even got a shot his rookie season in Cleveland was because Josh Gordon was out. Once Gordon came back Gabriel became irrelevant to them. The only reason I know this because I followed him that season and even made a thread before the Browns/Atlanta game saying he was their secret weapon that season not knowing Gordon would make his return that season.

You can give full credit to Shanny if you want and it's a valid argument but he hasn't played with the best talent at QB outside of Ryan. Last season he missed 7 games so purely looking at stats without giving the full story isn't fair to him. Doesn't help that Chicago doesn't have a good QB to begin with.  Not saying the QB plays the only role in a players production but he plays a huge part 

15 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

The only reason he even got a shot his rookie season in Cleveland was because Josh Gordon was out. Once Gordon came back Gabriel became irrelevant to them. The only reason I know this because I followed him that season and even made a thread before the Browns/Atlanta game saying he was their secret weapon that season not knowing Gordon would make his return that season.

You can give full credit to Shanny if you want and it's a valid argument but he hasn't played with the best talent at QB outside of Ryan. Last season he missed 7 games so purely looking at stats without giving the full story isn't fair to him. Doesn't help that Chicago doesn't have a good QB to begin with.  Not saying the QB plays the only role in a players production but he plays a huge part 

Also, this guy was born to run on turf, not frozen grass in 15 degrees. Money aside, it wasn't an ideal choice for him

Just now, Mister pudding said:

Also, this guy was born to run on turf, not frozen grass in 15 degrees. Money aside, it wasn't an ideal choice for him

It truly wasn't but if they were the only team willing to pay him like that, you gotta take it. He probably wasn't going to snag $14 mill guaranteed anywhere else