6 hours ago, SoCalFalconFan said:

I'm a self-proclaimed homer. I try to be objective, and I hit that mark on rare occasions. But to say the Falcons' D is bottom dwelling is, in my opinion, not really taking into account the vast improvement in the last half of the season last year. If you really look at their performance, they were middle of the pack at worst. Middle of the road in the NFL is vastly different than bottom-dwelling. 

Not the same team this year.  LOL we will see if they can keep Brady and Brees sitting on the sideline.

Tampa won’t be as good as ppl think. Not because of Tom Brady. I still say they finish 3rd in the division. Brady has never been in any other system. And y’all think he’s gonna come in the nfc south and just light it up? Peyton didn’t light it up after leaving Indy all those years. He will study his @ss off but it’s like the boxer hitting the heavy back and killing it. It’s a different story when the bag hits back and moves. 

13 hours ago, Vandy said:

And based on some of the posts in this thread, a few “bottom dwelling” fans as well. :ninja:

I think our D is going to be surprisingly good this year.

Mr. Vandy, I would hardly consider myself a bottom dwelling fan. I have endured much over the years.   If you were honest in your assessment of this team then you would have to admit this team has been very mediocre as of late.  Sorry but I do lack confidence right now and that does not have anything to do with my affection for this team.   I have followed this team for many years and will continue to do so through good and bad seasons.  

27 minutes ago, The Great American said:

Mr. Vandy, I would hardly consider myself a bottom dwelling fan. I have endured much over the years.   If you were honest in your assessment of this team then you would have to admit this team has been very mediocre as of late.  Sorry but I do lack confidence right now but that does not have anything to do with my affection for this team.   I have followed this team for many years and will continue to do so through good and bad seasons.  

My apologies, TGA. I meant that response more for all the full-time pessimists of TAFT. I shouldn’t have singled out your post.

I’ve been pretty blunt & honest about this team Over the years, especially in their offseason approach and most especially in the coaching ......I’ve made it known for some time I’ve wanted Quinn fired is just one example....

But if staying honest, I’ve got to give it to TD/DQ this offseason which has a different vibe with a greater sense of urgency. Not desperation, but urgency, which I’ve felt has been missing the past couple years.  Fact is I’ve been quite impressed with most of the moves I’ve seen, none more so than in the coaching staff of defense. Bringing Joe Whitt Jr here may have been our single best move of the entire offseason. I’m a big fan of his work.

I understand the wait and see approach.  I’m not buying Koetter’s scheme and our 1st round pick felt like a reach for 2nd season in a row. But what I don’t understand is the whiners claiming that the glass is an empty one. Some things need to go right, but we’ve got a chance to be real good this upcoming season, like I said especially on defense.

Selah.