Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ya_boi_j

Gage has a message for anyone who doubts him

1 hour ago, Jpg428gggg said:

I am a huge fan of Gage and think he will be a great #3 WR. Give credit to Raheem Morris. He did a great job with the wide receivers and hope that Brock continues that.

Raheem served as a good motivator for the WR group. And him coming from the defensive side probably helped too, the WRs always played confidently.

Having julio as a coach on the field helps too

18 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

With all the folks wanting a WR in this past 2020 draft I was like - why?

Falcons are very high on Gage and I also believe Zacheus looks promising as well - expect both to continue to develop nicely.

I like Gage as well, but am big on picking what a draft has, and am for taking WRs, TEs, LBs in the midrounds.  Draft and develop them and it prevents you from having to use big draft capital on them later.

I'd like Gage to have a young rookie as competition, and because we rotate enough that a good 4 receiver would get a lot of play.

8 minutes ago, takeitdown said:

I like Gage as well, but am big on picking what a draft has, and am for taking WRs, TEs, LBs in the midrounds.  Draft and develop them and it prevents you from having to use big draft capital on them later.

I'd like Gage to have a young rookie as competition, and because we rotate enough that a good 4 receiver would get a lot of play.

I like Zacheus - to me that is enough competition for #3.   Who would you have taken in this draft outside of CeeDee Lamb at the spot we took Davidson(2nd), Hennessy(3rd) or Walker(4th) and Hawkins(4th)?  Glad we didn't burn a pick on a WR on Day 1 or 2.

48 minutes ago, ramonezy said:

I see you Gage!!! 

If a message on twitter meant anything though Takk would be the league leader in sacks three years running. 

I was thinking the same

51 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I like Zacheus - to me that is enough competition for #3.   Who would you have taken in this draft outside of CeeDee Lamb at the spot we took Davidson(2nd), Hennessy(3rd) or Walker(4th) and Hawkins(4th)?  Glad we didn't burn a pick on a WR on Day 1 or 2.

Yeah, I figured we would only be able to take one if we traded back and had an extra 2nd or 3rd.  

There were starters into round 3, but without a trade back in the 1st, the only realistic thing would have been to move back our 4th picks and still likely get the same guys and take a Tyler Johnson or Proche.  But I was more interested in a 2nd round type if we had a trade.

39 minutes ago, takeitdown said:

Yeah, I figured we would only be able to take one if we traded back and had an extra 2nd or 3rd.  

There were starters into round 3, but without a trade back in the 1st, the only realistic thing would have been to move back our 4th picks and still likely get the same guys and take a Tyler Johnson or Proche.  But I was more interested in a 2nd round type if we had a trade.

I don't see anyone I would have liked once Van Jefferson and Mims went off the board at the back end of Round 2 - and even though I like both players - just no chance I would have taken either over Davidson or Hennessy.  I understand your point at maximizing value and this being a good WR draft - but we just have too much at the position, too many holes at other positions - and the value just was not huge enough to justify picking WR at #2-047 nor #3-078.   If the Falcons were gonna take a WR to maximize value - then should have done it w/ CeeDee Lamb at #16 - that is the only scenario I would have thought made sense - and that would have been controversial and criticized as well.

1 hour ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

Ehh I don't think we can act as if we know his whole life. We don't know who "everyone" is to him.

Everyone means everyone. “All you haters” would make more sense. Everyone to you is personal, so why am I seeing this?

37 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I don't see anyone I would have liked once Van Jefferson and Mims went off the board at the back end of Round 2 - and even though I like both players - just no chance I would have taken either over Davidson or Hennessy.  I understand your point at maximizing value and this being a good WR draft - but we just have too much at the position, too many holes at other positions - and the value just was not huge enough to justify picking WR at #2-047 nor #3-078.   If the Falcons were gonna take a WR to maximize value - then should have done it w/ CeeDee Lamb at #16 - that is the only scenario I would have thought made sense - and that would have been controversial and criticized as well.

Yeah, those are the two in the 2nd.  I actually wanted us to do that instead of trading for Hurst.  But I hope Hurst does great.

I also agree that we needed some of the guys we got, so it was more in  a trade back scenario.  But it also highlights what the need drafting does.  Vastly prefer going in with more flexibility so you can take what the draft has, instead of being locked in to 3 positions.