13 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

If a player tackles consistently that’s good for me...trying to cypher the exact technique or change a player style or technique if they’re already great at it - makes no sense to me to change it. But I do agree they must work at it

That’s the bigger issue because they’ve been taught the wrong or different way there whole career it’s harder to change when you are set.If you really want to fix this problem you get it into kids so they grow up with it and it becomes the norm.Until then I believe tackling will always be an issue in this sport.

Ill say this now if anyone tells me that the arms go first or any crap about grabbing I know for sure that person talking about has no idea what there teaching.

15 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

That’s the bigger issue because they’ve been taught the wrong or different way there whole career it’s harder to change when you are set.If you really want to fix this problem you get it into kids so they grow up with it and it becomes the norm.Until then I believe tackling will always be an issue in this sport.

Ill say this now if anyone tells me that the arms go first or any crap about grabbing I know for sure that person talking about has no idea what there teaching.

Concur 

15 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Technique here ladies and gentleman head outside the centreline target below the waist and hit with the shoulder finishing with the wrap up.

Don’t matter how big they are with correct technique the ball carrier for the most part goes to the deck.

Not a hint of pads or helmets insight.

Welcome to the world of learning how to tackle correctly.

Your welcome.

Except the Falcons under Dan Quinn have brought in rugby guys to try to teach the players how to tackle and it still hasn't improved.

7 hours ago, UGABOZ said:

I think folks have to ask themselves how many pro practices have they attended and  big time college practices. I am not talking training camp stuff. One of the problems with tackling especially at the highest level is that its not worked daily. More emphasis on game planning has taking over the whole practice. There is no more tackling periods and if there are I did not see it when I attended in person falcons practices during the season as well as the UGA. Tackling is a skill that should be worked daily and not just to fill in time. Even in college they dont do it that often. They should be working shoulder and gator tackling everyday.

You have a great point it’s rarely worked on in practice.... and Yu can really tell out there not like in the 80s and 90s they were having full contact practices 

3 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Like I mentioned we can do better.

Stuart Lancaster wouldn’t get a job coaching any top team in NZ rugby and all those teams in the UK of which he lost his HCing position for the English team are all Southern Hemisphere coaches.Scotland Wales and Ireland have had the NZ influence and the English hired an Aussie.