Falcons 1991

I was a freshmen in college and was living out of state and the sports fan in me wished that I was born a year later. Both the Braves and Falcons suddenly started winning after spending so many years being the butt of jokes locally and nationally. If newbies ever thought that they had it bad right now with this team, try sticking with this team during the mid-late '80s. Consecutive 7-9 seasons would've gotten Dan Quinn a statue built downtown back then...

That 1991 season was a truly unforgettable time for Falcon Nation. Made up for a whole lot of pain and suffering in other, earlier years.  Loved the swagger; our team hadn't had much occasion for it, nor the players with the right attitude to take proper advantage of the moment. That team was indeed 2 Legit 2 Quit.  :slick:

Aaaaand its blocked :angry:

I remember that season so well...Braves heading to the World Series and the Falcons being so fun to watch.  I was able to pick up the Larry Munson broadcasts in Nashville and we got a lot of Falcons' games here on TV...sound down and Munson up.  I went to the last game of the season in Fulton County Stadium and met Glanville.  Man that season was fun.  2 Legit to quit!

Great memories. My wife and I also went to the last game at FCS against Seattle. It was cold that day. Santa took our picture outside the stadium. Loved the tailgating experience at FCS. 

We also went to New Orleans that year and saw Norm Johnson kick the winning field goal. Saints fans were not happy at all. Got flipped off, etc. ;)

Loved hearing Munson call the games. 

We started our 21 years of being a season ticket holder in 92 at the GA Dome. I think tickets were 37.00 each.

Times have certainly changed. Miss those days. Still love the Falcons always will. It's tough but my hunger for the Falcons games will never change. 

If God takes me I'm hoping to be an Angel working behind the scenes to assure the Falcons always win. :)

The 1991 season was certainly a nice change for me. Prior to '91 I was about done with the Falcons, as we had just endured too many terrible seasons leading up to '91. It was enjoyable to watch the Falcons again. Sadly, the Redskins were just too good that year, and the Falcons still played undisciplined at crucial times. It's too bad Arthur didn't own the Falcons back then, he'd of never let Dieon leave.

4 hours ago, 4dabirds said:

The 1991 season was certainly a nice change for me. Prior to '91 I was about done with the Falcons, as we had just endured too many terrible seasons leading up to '91. It was enjoyable to watch the Falcons again. Sadly, the Redskins were just too good that year, and the Falcons still played undisciplined at crucial times. It's too bad Arthur didn't own the Falcons back then, he'd of never let Dieon leave.

Amen. Prime was the reason I started following the falcs way back in 89. Him and Rison were incredible to watch - highlight reels on either side of the field. For everything Glanville did in those days the Brett Favre thing may be his greatest mistake. I know Favre needed to mature - and he probably needed to leave Atlanta to get the kick up his *** he needed - but what could have been........

On 5/6/2020 at 4:56 PM, primetime said:

Amen. Prime was the reason I started following the falcs way back in 89. Him and Rison were incredible to watch - highlight reels on either side of the field. For everything Glanville did in those days the Brett Favre thing may be his greatest mistake. I know Favre needed to mature - and he probably needed to leave Atlanta to get the kick up his *** he needed - but what could have been........

I don't even look at the Favre trade as being all that big a deal, because I doubt he would have had much of a career if he had stayed. The '91 team had some good pieces, but the Smiths were terrible owners who were not going to pay for top talent (this was pre-salary cap years), and that meant mediocre QB play, mediocre coaching, and below average front office decision making as well. The '91 team was great to watch, but it still had that incomplete feel like other years when the Falcons were able to put together a decent season, and I knew that the SB was still way out of reach at the time.

Was that the hyped up back in black year? I was ten and just remember everyone being so excited for the season but mainly it was because the Braves set the state on fire.  The buzz didn't really last long.  Atleast around my household

This season was on a different level,AFCS  would get rocking and it built even more each game. That Niner game was nutz just sooo much fun. LOL I 's just got married a couple of years earlier, times were tough business wise but really enjoyed letting loose of those Sundays at AFCS. And yea if it didn't have a all the rain and slop at RFK theycould have had a chance for an upset

On 5/7/2020 at 10:20 AM, skullkrusher07 said:

Thanks...I just saw at the top it stated the vid was disabled...didnt see about watching it on youtube.  Appreciate it.

No problem at all. NFL content like that can be finicky. If they don’t nuke it entirely with a copyright strike (like they usually do for full games that are uploaded), I think they just claim intellectual rights to it and disables it from being embedded in 3rd party sites where they still earn revenue from it being viewed.

12 minutes ago, HouseofEuphoria said:

AAhhh, i see what you did there...

:lol:

:D

9 hours ago, SyCo said:

Was that the hyped up back in black year? I was ten and just remember everyone being so excited for the season but mainly it was because the Braves set the state on fire.  The buzz didn't really last long.  Atleast around my household

Jack Morris unfortunately ended the buzz that year :(