The first round bust I want us to trade for

Haason Reddick.

OK, Reddick is not exactly a bust, but he has been disappointing in Arizona and the team seems determined to move on from him. He's in his last contract year as Cardinals declined his 5th year option. With Simmons in the mix, he's not likely to be a contributor over there, so he can probably be had for very little compensation -- probably a 6th, or at most 5th. Rumor has Carolina interested. 

There is no question Reddick is talented and in that year Quinn was obviously intrigued by what he could bring to the table. He was not a good scheme fit in Arizona, but seems to fit the mold of LB we like (well, not exactly as he's shorter) with his speed and coverage. He brings some pass rush as well. 

Most importantly, he's one more first rounder for our collection :)

1 hour ago, Clark Kent™ said:

I'd love to bring him in as well for cheap. I just don't see the Cards giving Reddick up because with him and Simmons, they got two pretty unique chess pieces to move around. 

Unique to you not them

They really don't use them like that and have already said Simmons will be a lb only 

On a serious note, I still like what Reddick can be. Lived in AZ at the time the Cards drafted him, and it just seemed like they have wasted his talents. Now they have Simmons, and whatever they plan on doing with him, I don't feel as though he will be properly used or at least maxed out in usage. Reddick would be a nice sneaky acquisition though. Could play him in different roles and solidify the LB's, while getting some pressure off the edge.

28 minutes ago, hjerry said:

Unique to you not them

They really don't use them like that and have already said Simmons will be a lb only 

True, they have been quite transparent that he’s not part of their longterm plan. 

1 hour ago, hjerry said:

Unique to you not them

I feel like they are unique in general. There aren't tons of prospects like that in the drafts. I didn't like Red as much as some did, but I did think he was very intriguing. I also don't like Simmons much either. But his skill set does intrigue me. For all I know, they took Simmons party because they have some scheme in mind where they can create problems for the opposing offense.

Or maybe they legitimately despise Reddick...

2 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

Hale yeah. I still think the guy can ball given the right scheme and team. Bring'em home, TD.

I found it funny the Cardinals taking Simmons after misusing Reddick for the last 3 years. Hopefully they have learnt their lessons. I actually think Reddick is perfect for what DQ has traditionally wanted from his SAM.

1 hour ago, youngbloodz said:

He will be a great LB if used properly. Carolina switched Thomas Davis to LB and worked great. Just have to know what you’re doing 

I wanted us to grab him for cheap.  He is on the trading block.  But the guy has failed as a 43 DE, 34 OLB and ILB.  The Cards have moved him around to find a fit but he sucks everywhere

8 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Hassan Reddick was a TATF darling 4 years ago in the pre-draft build-up.

Big time. I never could understand why either. 

So far, so bad. 

To be fair, Zona putting him at MLB (a position he’s never play) In a 4-3 was idiotic. Maybe Vance Joseph instilling a 3-4 and moving him to OLB might get him on track.

1 hour ago, youngbloodz said:

He will be a great LB if used properly. Carolina switched Thomas Davis to LB and worked great. Just have to know what you’re doing 

LBer’s been a problem in zona. Besides Reddick, Kevin minter was a bust at that position as well. Jordan Hicks/Campbell et al make LBer a crowded field.....

I’m pretty sure they’re gonna put Simmons at safety, Blood.....don’t you think that’ll be his best position on that team?