• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, unless Gage is injured there is no chance Treadwell is WR3.     Once Sanu was traded, Gage had 45 catches and 404 yards in 9 games. That’s incredible production from a WR3 who is the 4th op

Treadwell is 6'2", 220lbs and we chose not to resign Hooper. DKs system has a lot of vertical routes and if you look at the advantages on this team, I expect Hurst due to his athleticism to run a lot

17 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

Actually DK has been very good about getting production out of different receivers/tight ends.

Douglas had a 1000 yard season under DK.

As I mentioned earlier..Hester had 500 yards receiving under DK...when he was way down the depth chart.

He helped Brate down in Tampa become a legit threat and he has been a big part of the development of Julio and Evans down in Tampa.

Treadwell is in the perfect spot for him...he is coming to a top half of league offense that works to the receivers advantage with established vet players and a great qb.

This is what scares me about Koetter the most giving him more receiving threats when really what this offense needs is a real commitment to toting the football and closing out games on thee ground.I don’t need another 500 plus yard receiving option.What I do need is a real commitment to the the run and seeing Gurley and co being able to score inside the red zone and icing games.

If Koetter can get this part of the offense clicking I believe the receivers regardless will eat.This is the missing piece to this offense.

Dirk Koetter Chris Morgan and the Oline I’m looking at you.

On 5/3/2020 at 10:50 AM, ramonezy said:

I'm cautiously optimistic about this move... He'll be our WR3 with at least 800 yards

I love it how whenever we bring in an absolute NFL bust our homer fans come out of the woodwork and make this pie in the sky predictions. This guys never had more than 302 yards in a season, but sure he’ll go for 800 in a Falcons jersey behind three other WRs, a TE we gave up a second rounder for and Gurley outta the backfield haha. Whatever you’re smokin, I’ll take two. 

Edited by matty72780

I believe he makes the squad and will be used mainly in the run game.

Titans general manager Jon Robinson on Laquon Treadwell

"He's a big, physical receiver and does an excellent job in the run game, blocking and securing the perimeter ... then, he catches the football. He's strong with the ball in his hands and he's a really dependable target for an offense," Robinson said. "A lot of that has to weigh into your decision as opposed to just, how fast (he ran), or how high (he jumped)."

On 5/3/2020 at 11:04 AM, New Jersey Falcon said:

Gage has proven to be capable of handling #3 duties once Sanu was traded - unless he gets hurt I can’t see Treadwell seeing the field in meaningful snaps.  Hopefully he can come in and establish a role for himself.

Agree. Gage has shown he belongs in there. The problem is Treadwell has the size to cause more problems for a defense. Hopefully Koetter will use both when the appropriate situation arises for one or the other to be featured. Having an offense literally stacked with play-makers has to put more pressure on a defense, you just have to capitalize on your arsenal. You reading this, Koetter?  :lol:

On 5/3/2020 at 11:50 AM, Geaux_Falcons said:

I see no reason to presume Gage is lock for #3. Does he have the best odds, I say he does, but Treadwell offers a different skill set, that would be suitable to be a #2. He just needs to develop that skill set. He won't be our #2, but a 3 in our offense can be just as good. RZ target, physical possession receiver. Wouldn't be surprised if he and Gage both shared snaps as the #3 wr.

Agree. They do different things and both can contribute. It would be a shame as good as Gage is to plug Treadwell in and just forget about him.

12 hours ago, matty72780 said:

I love it how whenever we bring in an absolute NFL bust our homer fans come out of the woodwork and make this pie in the sky predictions. This guys never had more than 302 yards in a season, but sure he’ll go for 800 in a Falcons jersey behind three other WRs, a TE we gave up a second rounder for and Gurley outta the backfield haha. Whatever you’re smokin, I’ll take two. 

Not smoking anything, it's the same reason why people get excited for draft picks and when players get released from another team... It's called potential. That's why I love this game... A 5th rounder can become a pro bowler, if he maximizes his potential. Considering Treadwell a bust is premature, dude is still younger than Ridley.... 

On 5/3/2020 at 10:51 AM, FalconsIn2012 said:

No, unless Gage is injured there is no chance Treadwell is WR3.  

Once Sanu was traded, Gage had 45 catches and 404 yards in 9 games. That’s incredible production from a WR3 who is the 4th option

On 5/3/2020 at 11:43 AM, atljbo said:

exactly.... Gage is the guy i want to see take that next step as the #3... He has the 4.4 speed to go along with his improving route running.... I think Tredwell could be that chain mover that can take advantage of teams #4 CB and LBs in coverage but Gage is the one i want to see take that next step (using that speed more deep and steping bu when Julio and/or Rid is not on the field

On 5/3/2020 at 11:36 AM, Vandy said:

I hear you. He’s big and strong with good hands. We need a possession receiver after trading Sanu and letting hardy leave.