• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, unless Gage is injured there is no chance Treadwell is WR3.     Once Sanu was traded, Gage had 45 catches and 404 yards in 9 games. That’s incredible production from a WR3 who is the 4th op

Treadwell is 6'2", 220lbs and we chose not to resign Hooper. DKs system has a lot of vertical routes and if you look at the advantages on this team, I expect Hurst due to his athleticism to run a lot

2 minutes ago, ramonezy said:

I'm cautiously optimistic about this move... He'll be our WR3 with at least 800 yards

No, unless Gage is injured there is no chance Treadwell is WR3.  

Once Sanu was traded, Gage had 45 catches and 404 yards in 9 games. That’s incredible production from a WR3 who is the 4th option

4 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Treadwell is 6'2", 220lbs and we chose not to resign Hooper. DKs system has a lot of vertical routes and if you look at the advantages on this team, I expect Hurst due to his athleticism to run a lot of those vertical seam routes with Lbs trying to keep up. That leaves the underneath crossing routes, which suit Treadwell more than Gage, who is around 180lbs. 

Gage is a baller though, he's gotten better every year... So I won't be upset if he is WR3... Just my analysis of the pieces we have on offense 

8 minutes ago, RYNE said:

Gage is the 3rd WR

this guy isn’t good

I'm excited for the move, but I'm not a Treadwell defender. That being said there are several reasons why a player doesn't fit well with a particular team or system... And this is not always about talent. Players don't just forget how to play football after the draft and this kid was a beast... Hopefully a change in system helps

10 minutes ago, New Jersey Falcon said:

Gage has proven to be capable of handling #3 duties once Sanu was traded - unless he gets hurt I can’t see Treadwell seeing the field in meaningful snaps.  Hopefully he can come in and establish a role for himself.

Gage simply isn't built to replace Sanu's role in this offense, Treadwell is. After Sanu was traded, Hooper was the one that replaced his role as the possession, move-the-chains, over the middle receiver. But that changed what we wanted Hooper to do... Which is why I also love the Hurst signing... Lbs are going to struggle to keep up with him vertically. 

Instead of praising gage can we talk about Treadwell? Jeez. He might develop into a big body chain mover. The sky is the limit for the 24 yr old. Gage is good but thats not the point of the post. Treadwell can really do something this offense imo especially as a red zone threat 

Edited by GrimeyKidd
On 5/3/2020 at 11:00 AM, ramonezy said:

Treadwell is 6'2", 220lbs and we chose not to resign Hooper. DKs system has a lot of vertical routes and if you look at the advantages on this team, I expect Hurst due to his athleticism to run a lot of those vertical seam routes with Lbs trying to keep up. That leaves the underneath crossing routes, which suit Treadwell more than Gage, who is around 180lbs. 

Gage is a baller though, he's gotten better every year... So I won't be upset if he is WR3... Just my analysis of the pieces we have on offense 

I hear you. He’s big and strong with good hands. We need a possession receiver after trading Sanu and letting hardy leave. 

But Russell Gage is my guy!

47 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Once Sanu was traded, Gage had 45 catches and 404 yards in 9 games. That’s incredible production from a WR3 who is the 4th option

exactly.... Gage is the guy i want to see take that next step as the #3... He has the 4.4 speed to go along with his improving route running.... I think Tredwell could be that chain mover that can take advantage of teams #4 CB and LBs in coverage but Gage is the one i want to see take that next step (using that speed more deep and steping bu when Julio and/or Rid is not on the field

I see no reason to presume Gage is lock for #3. Does he have the best odds, I say he does, but Treadwell offers a different skill set, that would be suitable to be a #2. He just needs to develop that skill set. He won't be our #2, but a 3 in our offense can be just as good. RZ target, physical possession receiver. Wouldn't be surprised if he and Gage both shared snaps as the #3 wr.

2 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

I think folks are underestimating Treadwell. .I Think he will be pretty good in this offense.

In Kuts offense  .it really doesn't matter who's 3 or 4..they all gone get chances..they both could very well get between 400-800

Nobody is underestimating him imo. He has shown absolutely nothing as far as being a productive nfl receiver. Talent is there though.

8 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

Nobody is underestimating him imo. He has shown absolutely nothing as far as being a productive nfl receiver. Talent is there though.

I mean I think that's fair. Talent is certainly worth taking a chance on to be an unseen force in our offense. In Minny, I don't think anyone took the time to work on his route running, or at least thought he would be a better route runner than he is. He's worked on it, but for the most part, Minny just built off of Diggs being a speedster, and Thielen being polished enough to be his running mate. Neither were concerned about helping Treadwell I'm sure. At least not Diggs anyway.

Here in Atlanta, we have not only a speedster, but a guy who runs the entire tree, and willing to teach it as well. Ridley was already polished, but Julio and Sanu helped him be even better. Treadwell will have at least a leader among the WR group to help him improve on running routes. Losing Sanu will hurt, but he's still got Julio who has become one of the better veteran leaders in the league. 

2 minutes ago, Geaux_Falcons said:

I mean I think that's fair. Talent is certainly worth taking a chance on to be an unseen force in our offense. In Minny, I don't think anyone took the time to work on his route running, or at least thought he would be a better route runner than he is. He's worked on it, but for the most part, Minny just built off of Diggs being a speedster, and Thielen being polished enough to be his running mate. Neither were concerned about helping Treadwell I'm sure. At least not Diggs anyway.

Here in Atlanta, we have not only a speedster, but a guy who runs the entire tree, and willing to teach it as well. Ridley was already polished, but Julio and Sanu helped him be even better. Treadwell will have at least a leader among the WR group to help him improve on running routes. Losing Sanu will hurt, but he's still got Julio who has become one of the better veteran leaders in the league. 

You very well could be right about Minny. Personally, I think the expectations of being a 1st round draft pick got to him. He was expected to be the man and he lost his confidence