May 2020 UGA Recruiting Thread

Carter

2 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

JT Daniels is going to announce he is going to play at UGA.  this is recruiting related as well. 

I wonder how BVG feels about this?   Also, I wonder if one of the current QB's like Stetson or Mathis won't be on the roster for this season.   I know Daniels will have to sit one year, but would give us another arm for practice.

23 minutes ago, 007dawg said:

I wonder how BVG feels about this?   Also, I wonder if one of the current QB's like Stetson or Mathis won't be on the roster for this season.   I know Daniels will have to sit one year, but would give us another arm for practice.

he won't care.. he is confident in himself... at worst he sits a year and then starts.  

Jake RoweSTAFF
Posted on 103 secs, , User Since 137 months ago, User Post Count: 67,303
  • 103 secs
  • 137 months

UGA03MAIN said... (original post)Assuming he is able to play this year.

show more

Possible for sure.

But coming off an ACL + meniscus injury, Newman having a little bit of a head start, and Daniels likely not knowing the verdict of a transfer waiver until late August or September makes it tough.

That's also if he chooses UGA. I'm confident in that happening but not yet confident to say it has happened.

Maybe unnoticed with all of the Daniels info, but Wiltfong with the cb pick for Donovan Edwards to Michigan today. Confidence of 6 however. So, with this and L J Johnson trending to Texas AM, Cody Brown committed to UTerd, who will be our other rb recruit. I've also heard we like Lovesea Carroll for another position, so if that is true, then who will our 2 rb recruits be?

44 minutes ago, 007dawg said:

Maybe unnoticed with all of the Daniels info, but Wiltfong with the cb pick for Donovan Edwards to Michigan today. Confidence of 6 however. So, with this and L J Johnson trending to Texas AM, Cody Brown committed to UTerd, who will be our other rb recruit. I've also heard we like Lovesea Carroll for another position, so if that is true, then who will our 2 rb recruits be?

@Americus_dawg  @Americusdawg   not sure which one so tagged both....what 'cha got on RBs?

22 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

@Americus_dawg  @Americusdawg   not sure which one so tagged both....what 'cha got on RBs?

Edwards will give us an offical. Not certain, but it doesn't seem that he's in any hurry to commit anywhere at the moment. 

LJ could pull the trigger to aTm, but would still expect him to officially visit as well. Not sure he's ever even been on campus. Edwards has but visited on a weekend with a few other running backs. Two of which are committed to Ohio St. 

Miss on both and there's a few on the board after those two. 

Wouldn't worry about what Dell does though. He'll get his. Just enjoy the momentum being built by the next few that go public. 

1 hour ago, 007dawg said:

From what I’ve heard, we like where we stand with Edwards right now. I would expect RB to be a position that will likely go into December. 

1 hour ago, 007dawg said:

Thanks for the feedback on the rb recruits guys!   Another question, were we still taking Chambliss before Dallas Turner started to trend to the Bamtards ?

Chambliss was always a take for our coaches. We are still going full tilt for Turner and I think in the end we get him 

1 hour ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

I know Daniel was a big time recruit what’s the story in him, looks like a colt mccoy type are- looks almost sidearm- 

Former #2 PRO QB 5 star for class of 2018.

tore his ACL And might have lost the starting job at usc? Not sure but I think I read that somewhere he might have lost the job similar to Eason /fromm 

Watched so tape on him last night and his mechanics are great... not to overhype him but he is Joe Burrow-esque with his mechanics

Edited by D.B.N.

33 minutes ago, D.B.N. said:

Former #2 PRO QB 5 star for class of 2018.

tore his ACL And might have lost the starting job at usc? Not sure but I think I read that somewhere he might have lost the job similar to Eason /fromm 

Watched so tape on him last night and his mechanics are great... not to overhype him but he is Joe Burrow-esque with his mechanics

That's been the comp a few folks are making. You obviously have to temper expectations and say "poor man's" Burrow. But the skillset is there. Heady QB who is able to escape the pocket and use his above average arm on the move. He started as a freshman at Mater Dei, which is a HS known for having a playbook with college complexity. Won a NC there too, I believe.