May 2020 UGA Recruiting Thread

Carter

1 hour ago, Carter said:

Probably Clemson 

well I know BC is likely gone and probably 90% chance he will stick w/ his commitment w/ Clemson - but hopefully Kirby, Lanning and Schuman will keep the fire burning through signing day - Dawgs need one of Carter or Sorey and will need to re-pursue Carter if Sorey slips away.

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

well I know BC is likely gone and probably 90% chance he will stick w/ his commitment w/ Clemson - but hopefully Kirby, Lanning and Schuman will keep the fire burning through signing day - Dawgs need one of Carter or Sorey and will need to re-pursue Carter if Sorey slips away.

This chaps me *** that Clemscum keeps getting our in-state kids, but i find peace in knowing that at the end of signing period, CKS will have found someone as good or better to take his place.   

So, Rusty went ahead with his cb pick for Carter to Clemscum, not unexpected.   What was unexpected was Wiltfong cb pick for L J Johnson to A/M.   So, who will be the 2nd rb in the class along with Carroll?   Edwards trending to Michigan and Cody Brown committed to UTurd.

2 hours ago, 007dawg said:

So, Rusty went ahead with his cb pick for Carter to Clemscum, not unexpected.   What was unexpected was Wiltfong cb pick for L J Johnson to A/M.   So, who will be the 2nd rb in the class along with Carroll?   Edwards trending to Michigan and Cody Brown committed to UTurd.

SoFl Dawg says we are trending very well w/ RBs - said basically we were getting Edwards +1 without losing Carroll.   I will find what he said and post it here.

4 hours ago, 007dawg said:

SoFL_Dawg Posts: 9,434 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

https://forum.dawgnation.com/discussion/comment/432551#Comment_432551

from reading the other day when you said we were trending w/ RBs (plural) + Carroll(commit), I was under impression it was Edwards + Mystery RB + Carroll.

Is that a fair interpretation and do you still feel that way today?

Hmmm...gotta let that play out. All positive though. Can’t say anymore than that.

Untitled Image

49 minutes ago, g-dawg said:
SoFL_Dawg Posts: 9,434 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

https://forum.dawgnation.com/discussion/comment/432551#Comment_432551

from reading the other day when you said we were trending w/ RBs (plural) + Carroll(commit), I was under impression it was Edwards + Mystery RB + Carroll.

Is that a fair interpretation and do you still feel that way today?

Hmmm...gotta let that play out. All positive though. Can’t say anymore than that.

Untitled Image

Nice!  Speaking of nice, Fong with the cb today for James Williams to the Dawgs with a confidence of 8.  Yeah, come on!

7 hours ago, g-dawg said:

SoFl Dawg says we are trending very well w/ RBs - said basically we were getting Edwards +1 without losing Carroll.   I will find what he said and post it here.

There’s a strong chance Carroll will not play RB for us and that’s why we are recruiting for 2 RBs 

*Carroll will be in this class in case that wasn’t clear but just not as a RB, possibly a S

Edited by Bdawg58

12 hours ago, Bdawg58 said:

It’s the one nut that Kirby hasn’t cracked yet... Gwinnett County. We will be fine without him but dang did I want him 

So, I wonder if CKS will allow a current silent commit to go public to offset the negative recruiting news from Carter,

5 hours ago, 007dawg said:

So, I wonder if CKS will allow a current silent commit to go public to offset the negative recruiting news from Carter,

There’s a few that could go public at any point but not really sure what the hold up is. I Kirby controls it to an extent but right now I don’t know if it’s him or the recruits that are the holdups 

I don't want to sound the "sky is falling" signal yet, but I'm disturbed at the way things are trending.  Grimes with a couple cb's to UNC (one by a guy who had previously picked UGA) and now Fong has cb'd Dallas Turner to Bama.   ****!

11 minutes ago, 007dawg said:

I don't want to sound the "sky is falling" signal yet, but I'm disturbed at the way things are trending.  Grimes with a couple cb's to UNC (one by a guy who had previously picked UGA) and now Fong has cb'd Dallas Turner to Bama.   ****!

Everything I’ve heard is UNC is 2nd but Grimes is likely to go public soon anyway. Grimes would be a crazy to go to UNC when we lose potentially 4 DBs this year and not to mention the success Kirby has had with DBs

1 hour ago, 007dawg said:

Yeah, I've got to learn to let it play out.   We will be fine.

I will say this because there’s been some chatter the last couple hours on Grimes to UNC. In the end the insider feel confident Grimes ends up with UGA. One said Grimes might even commit but Grimes is expected back on campus as soon as recruits are allowed to and that always favors us

Jake RoweSTAFF
Posted on 68 mins, , User Since 137 months ago, User Post Count: 0
  • 68 mins
  • 137 months

For Peach County OL Terrance Ferguson to UGA...

A couple of things I wanted to make clear here...

1. Have not spoken to Rusty regarding the guys he feels will commit soon. I don't think Ferguson is one of them based on what I've been told but I don't know for sure.

2. I made the pick based on a conversation I had this morning with someone familiar with his situation. It's not earth-shattering but Georgia's in a really good spot with him and he's a big target right now. Was told that Matt Luke has done a really good job recruiting him.

Just wanted to put that out there...

6 minutes ago, 95Dawg said:
Jake RoweSTAFF
Posted on 68 mins, , User Since 137 months ago, User Post Count: 0
  • 68 mins
  • 137 months

For Peach County OL Terrance Ferguson to UGA...

A couple of things I wanted to make clear here...

1. Have not spoken to Rusty regarding the guys he feels will commit soon. I don't think Ferguson is one of them based on what I've been told but I don't know for sure.

2. I made the pick based on a conversation I had this morning with someone familiar with his situation. It's not earth-shattering but Georgia's in a really good spot with him and he's a big target right now. Was told that Matt Luke has done a really good job recruiting him.

Just wanted to put that out there...

*Terrence or TJ, not Terrance.