May 2020 UGA Recruiting Thread

Carter

2 hours ago, joefalco said:

i have a bet with a coworker that UGA will be ahead of utk in final recruiting rankings for this year. safe bet?

Lol Tennessee will be fortunate to finish even in the top 10. Jumping out to an early lead in April/May with a bunch of 3 stars doesn’t mean much. Dawgs will easily beat them on class ranking. Not to mention the fact that they think they are getting some guys they absolutely will not get when it’s all said and done. 

Tennessee is doing a very similar thing to what Florida tried; they're taking high risk prospects that most major teams have already backed off on. 

If they enroll, great, but I have a feeling some of these higher ranked prospects either won't stick and/or won't qualify for one reason or another, and if they look like they're going to be takes again, the big name teams will start coming after them again.

7 hours ago, L.A.Falcon Fan said:

Image may contain: one or more people, possible text that says 'ALL LL-AMERICA Huge news out of Fort Worth this morning! Sources have confirmed to HFB that 5-star RB Zachary Evans has enrolled at #TCU.'

TCU as a choice doesn't bode well for his prospects from a character perspective. Part of me still worries that we'll hear in a couple years that he's been kicked off the team, even there, and that really bothers me.

Really would hate to see Green go to Clemson. Even if we landed some really good DBs including Grimes, I just hate to see the top CB from GA to there every.single.year. Hancock going there, I could live with, but if they get both, man, we got to do something about all these top GA DBs leaving the state.

On Evans, I say good for him. I didn’t think he would land anywhere in a major conference. TCU has the legacy of Ladanian Tomlinson, so that’s pretty cool if he manages to stay out of trouble and has the type of production expected. People would of course complain then that UGA had him and let him go. Honestly thought he was a better fit for Big 12 football than SEC ball from the beginning. I expect he will not last at TCU, but I’ll root for him to have a great career there and prove that wrong.

On 5/7/2020 at 2:12 PM, youngbloodz said:

Chaz best game was against Rome imo. He wasn’t 100% against Buford but still had good game. But that Rome game he looked like the best LB in the nation

Just for fun, if you had to rank Terrence Lewis, Smael Mondon, Barrett Carter, Xavian Sorey, Zavier Carter, Chaz Chambliss, and Chief Borders, in what order would you rank them? (All from GA or FL, and, coincidentally, covers just about every LB we've expressed any real interest in)

14 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

Just for fun, if you had to rank Terrence Lewis, Smael Mondon, Barrett Carter, Xavian Sorey, Zavier Carter, Chaz Chambliss, and Chief Borders, in what order would you rank them? (All from GA or FL, and, coincidentally, covers just about every LB we've expressed any real interest in)

Terrance,Chaz,Sorey,Zavier,Chief are my top 5. I have only seen some tape on Carter. So I have to disqualify myself on my opinion of him. I’m sure Mondon is really good. But he hasn’t impressed me against Carrollton or Rome. That’s just me though. I have seen 4 games of his in person. Terrance will either be one of the best LB in college football or a complete failure. His maturity level will definitely decide that. Honestly I have faith in UGA defensive coaches so I know whatever LB they get will be a beast

3 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Terrance,Chaz,Sorey,Zavier,Chief are my top 5. I have only seen some tape on Carter. So I have to disqualify myself on my opinion of him. I’m sure Mondon is really good. But he hasn’t impressed me against Carrollton or Rome. That’s just me though. I have seen 4 games of his in person. Terrance will either be one of the best LB in college football or a complete failure. His maturity level will definitely decide that. Honestly I have faith in UGA defensive coaches so I know whatever LB they get will be a beast

So in your opinion, if we were to land Chaz, Sorey, and Mondon, you'd say we'd've hit it out of the park