Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Carter

May 2020 UGA Recruiting Thread

Well May is here now and so we have ourselves a new thread. Just celebrated my 37th birthday and my kids surprised me in the morning as I walked in from work, they had decorated and made me a cake and swarmed me with hugs as soon as I came in. Must be doing something right I guess. Really wasn’t expecting anything. :) 

The Vols have been getting the attention lately but the Dawgs have not gone anywhere. We are in the game big time for some major recruits and may see some more activity soon. Credit to Pruitt and his staff securing some good players. You gotta beat the top Dawg to be the top Dawg though and Kirby is coming for his. Let’s go!

8 hours ago, Carter said:

Well May is here now and so we have ourselves a new thread. Just celebrated my 37th birthday and my kids surprised me in the morning as I walked in from work, they had decorated and made me a cake and swarmed me with hugs as soon as I came in. Must be doing something right I guess. Really wasn’t expecting anything. :) 

The Vols have been getting the attention lately but the Dawgs have not gone anywhere. We are in the game big time for some major recruits and may see some more activity soon. Credit to Pruitt and his staff securing some good players. You gotta beat the top Dawg to be the top Dawg though and Kirby is coming for his. Let’s go!

Nappy Bday carter

1 hour ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

Anyone know the deal with Julian Nixon’s slide?  He was a top 10-20 player nationally and now he’s around #40 in Georgia.  Was he just way overrated early?

If I remember correctly he ran a really slow 40 time. (I could be wrong here so someone correct me if they know for sure)

1 hour ago, Ransack said:

If I remember correctly he ran a really slow 40 time. (I could be wrong here so someone correct me if they know for sure)

That would make sense.  They were all in love with his size as a freshman.

5 hours ago, g-dawg said:

SoFl Dawg says OLB Barrett Carter to Clemson is basically a lock now.....uggh

That stinks and I hate to see kids give up being set for life if they decide to stay in Georgia after football.   Oh well, I guess he will have the same deal if he lives in Sakerlina.   We will be fine.  Honestly, that Prince Kollie kid may have an extremely high ceiling.  Carter may be closer to his ceiling already.

Really wanna see how the competition shakes out. Have to figure 2020 belongs to Newman as the most experienced and talented QB on roster this year. Beyond 2020 it gets wide open though, especially with us bringing in Brock to compete for the job as well.

I will enjoy the Vol tears when Mims and Mondon both commit to UGA lol

They got a commitment from Cody Brown and feel confident Mims is coming with him. They also think Harrison Bailey has Smael Mondon convinced to be a Vol.

Rack up a bunch of 3 stars early, get a 5 star nobody wanted, come from behind to barely beat Indiana in a bowl game... Vols on top lmao

26 minutes ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

What 5 star nobody wanted? The LB ? Surely you don’t mean him 

yep..  Lewis.. a lot of team's backed off and quit recruiting him.. he has some off the field concerns that was talked about before he committed anywhere.  brooks was the other 5 star and depth chart scared him and the vols did a great job selling him on playing time.  brooks is a kid who could be on a flip alert once campuses are open and he can do more visits.  in fact i think a lot of team's are taking commitments of players who won't be signing with them after they go and do their visits.  this could be the flip season to remember. 

1 hour ago, Carter said:

I will enjoy the Vol tears when Mims and Mondon both commit to UGA lol

They got a commitment from Cody Brown and feel confident Mims is coming with him. They also think Harrison Bailey has Smael Mondon convinced to be a Vol.

Rack up a bunch of 3 stars early, get a 5 star nobody wanted, come from behind to barely beat Indiana in a bowl game... Vols on top 

Only concern with UTk is that they stay confident and hydrated! Enjoy the meltdown when the time comes B)

49 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

yep..  Lewis.. a lot of team's backed off and quit recruiting him.. he has some off the field concerns that was talked about before he committed anywhere.  brooks was the other 5 star and depth chart scared him and the vols did a great job selling him on playing time.  brooks is a kid who could be on a flip alert once campuses are open and he can do more visits.  in fact i think a lot of team's are taking commitments of players who won't be signing with them after they go and do their visits.  this could be the flip season to remember. 

Ok thx, didn’t know that about Lewis 

Am I remembering incorrectly or did we not tell Zach Evans to kick rocks.  I thought we accepted his LOI but didn’t turn it in because he had to reach a few goals.  Then he apologized at the UA game.  I have an LSU fan on the Rant saying Evans begged out of his LOI.