Debunking Myths About My Likes and Dislikes

28 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Thanks man. I actually like many of the overly negative and homer posts done here. They make me have to go back and look. If football truly is a hobby, you’ll find yourself looking a lot deeper and sometimes too deep. We all want the same thing.

I agree when there is substance and logic behind it, I get annoyed when it is complaining just for the sake of complaining, if they heard someone else ***** about it so they feel the need to as well.  I never feel like you are piling on, you have your own thoughts and you express that which makes me go back and rethink things.  People not liking Free simply because he missed a block in the super bowl three and a half years ago can piss off.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I shouldn’t do this, but it seems only those that know more about me and can actually read know this.    There is a going, thread derailing, myth that I’m super negative. No, I have very high s

You really didnt need to explain yourself, this board is of hypocrites. Cant state an opinion without someone clowning you for it and then they do the same thing and getting defensive. This board has

Well you already know I love you bro. For decades now. I agree with many of your sentiments in this post and differ on a few: You're not negative, but like me you need rest bad. Like this year p

4 minutes ago, Rings said:

I agree when there is substance and logic behind it, I get annoyed when it is complaining just for the sake of complaining, if they heard someone else ***** about it so they feel the need to as well.  I never feel like you are piling on, you have your own thoughts and you express that which makes me go back and rethink things.  People not liking Free simply because he missed a block in the super bowl three and a half years ago can piss off.

Everyone misses a block. That actually wasn’t fair and even I didn’t care for that one, although he was not a back I actually cared for.

1 minute ago, Knight of God said:

Everyone misses a block. That actually wasn’t fair and even I didn’t care for that one, although he was not a back I actually cared for.

Yup.  Same thing happened last year.  People said Jake sucked all last year because they couldn’t let go of his rough start in a new scheme.  He had a rough first two weeks and then played as one of the best Left Tackles in the league weeks 3-17, but people still were stuck on that take from early on because they lack a sense of how good (or bad for that matter) the rest of the league is.  

Only tru gave up completions and dropped ints, TD is the only GM who misses on draft picks, Ryan isn’t mobile enough, ATL is the only team who paid a QB top dollar, etc.  Grass seems to be neon green on the other side of that fence.

51 minutes ago, Rings said:

Yup.  Same thing happened last year.  People said Jake sucked all last year because they couldn’t let go of his rough start in a new scheme.  He had a rough first two weeks and then played as one of the best Left Tackles in the league weeks 3-17, but people still were stuck on that take from early on because they lack a sense of how good (or bad for that matter) the rest of the league is.  

Only tru gave up completions and dropped ints, TD is the only GM who misses on draft picks, Ryan isn’t mobile enough, ATL is the only team who paid a QB top dollar, etc.  Grass seems to be neon green on the other side of that fence.

Jake doesn’t suck. He’s above average in an offense I can’t even watch. Those routes seem a whole mile long TBH. 

@Knight of GodNice OP bro and I agree with your sentiments.  You have always came with REAL TALK and why I consider you one of the better honest posters.  We are grown *** men so keep doing you bro!! Definitely agree Rico is a nice dude but FS upgrade is needed.  Takk I’m hoping he gets his mind right but hey you can never have enough pass rushers!

1 minute ago, TTU Falcon said:

I, for one, don't understand the logic behind being g so against upgrading any positions on the roster. Too many sacred cows to this fan base. At the end of the day, any upgrades should be celebrated and desired if the end goal is to win a championship.

I sit back and laugh at the massive overreactions all day every day but it's not yours or anyone else's responsibility to tell another fan what they should and should not do. I've seen that happen quite a few times the past few days. 

Fans are fully allowed to voice their displeasure just as fans are allowed to voice their delight. Some do it much more than others but its apart of it. Not a single thing anyone can do about it. Heck I've even called KOG bipolar before and it didn't prompt this thread because he knew I was ******* with him vs others truly not being able to handle someone not thinking the way they want them to think

7 hours ago, Rings said:

I agree when there is substance and logic behind it, I get annoyed when it is complaining just for the sake of complaining, if they heard someone else ***** about it so they feel the need to as well.  I never feel like you are piling on, you have your own thoughts and you express that which makes me go back and rethink things.  People not liking Free because he missed a block in the super bowl three and a half years ago can piss off.

It never was about the missed block man. It was about his contract, and how his agent (mis-)handled it. That’s where the freeman hate came from. 

Freeman a warrior, but fans turned on him when he got paid. Happens in here all the time, but his was magnified by the way his agent’s misguided comments during SB week.

5 minutes ago, Vandy said:

It never was about the missed block man. It was about his contract, and how his agent (mis-)handled it. That’s where the freeman hate came from. 

Freeman a warrior, but fans turned on him when he got paid. Happens in here all the time.

Maybe not as much on here, but I see people on twitter and Facebook say he was a horrible blocker all the time, which he wasn’t, so it tells me they held onto that one play.  Then again, people also were happy Tru was cut because he was a penalty machine, and they obviously got Alford and Tru mixed up, so that just goes to show the amount of intelligence on those social media platforms.

6 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Jake doesn’t suck. He’s above average in an offense I can’t even watch. Those routes seem a whole mile long TBH. 

Agreed.  Offensive line play will always be under appreciated by fans as they don’t have the highlight plays and when they are showing a replay of them, it’s normally not good.  They aren’t sexy and you can’t start them in fantasy football.

I run a Best Buy and when I’m training my guys on wireless routers, if they know football I always use o-line as the analogy.  Players get their number called when they hold or have a false start, always negative.  People only think of their router in the home when it isn’t working, they don’t get excited their router came through for them in a game of call of duty, only complain about it when they die and blame it on lag.  

Both of their jobs are for you to forget they exist.

On 5/3/2020 at 11:07 AM, CADirtyBird said:

LOL the irony on this board. Don't disagree with KoG

Oh, the irony of your post.

I’ve disagreed with him plenty. LOL, Plenty. The whole point of thread wasn’t even about agreeing with him, or even understanding where he was coming from. The bigger point of thread (at least to me) is really about whether we can be men/women enough to acknowledge and respect another poster whenever we disagree. Instead of becoming pi$$ ants with each other over it, and turning it into something long-lasting personal.

It’s really about mutual respect. KOG has that with majority (99%) of TAFT, and anyone who can’t get past that (Perhaps yourself?) needs to take a hard look in the mirror. 

Selah..

1 hour ago, CADirtyBird said:

LOL the irony on this board. Don't disagree with KoG

There’s a difference between disagreeing and being disrespectful. Many on this board don’t understand that concept. Maybe instead of saying “stopped reading here” and getting defensive for being called out, ask why he doesn’t like Ryan...or say why you DO like him

3 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

I sit back and laugh at the massive overreactions all day every day but it's not yours or anyone else's responsibility to tell another fan what they should and should not do. I've seen that happen quite a few times the past few days. 

Fans are fully allowed to voice their displeasure just as fans are allowed to voice their delight. Some do it much more than others but its apart of it. Not a single thing anyone can do about it. Heck I've even called KOG bipolar before and it didn't prompt this thread because he knew I was ******* with him vs others truly not being able to handle someone not thinking the way they want them to think

You are absolutely correct. I think what I was trying to convey is that just because someone believes a position can be upgraded or that they have concerns about some players. That we are wanting them to fail.

At the end of the day, I think we all want our players to succeed. We all have our opinions, but that doesn't change our desire to be proven wrong if a player becomes something we may not have believed they could be.

I certainly want the team to win, I like some players more than others. I have areas I'd like to improve, that doesn't mean I've given up on the guys that currently man those spots.

7 minutes ago, TTU Falcon said:

You are absolutely correct. I think what I was trying to convey is that just because someone believes a position can be upgraded or that they have concerns about some players. That we are wanting them to fail.

At the end of the day, I think we all want our players to succeed. We all have our opinions, but that doesn't change our desire to be proven wrong if a player becomes something we may not have believed they could be.

I certainly want the team to win, I like some players more than others. I have areas I'd like to improve, that doesn't mean I've given up on the guys that currently man those spots.

I’ve been here 15 total years. Not once have I ever seen a true fan want a player to fail. We’ve all had players who we just simply don’t believe in anymore or ever have and for the most part we want them to prove us wrong about the way we feel just as you said. 

End of the day we all approach it differently. Me and KOG disagreed about the secondary the other day. Guess what happened afterwards. Not a single negative word was spoken toward the next person and we still virtual dapped it up vs someone else getting sensitive that he feels one way and then acting like a complete idiot following. There’s more than one way to handle these things. All boils down to how mature you actually are. You can be 55 and the most immature person around because you get upset that things didn’t go your way