Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Knight of God

Debunking Myths About My Likes and Dislikes

You really didnt need to explain yourself, this board is of hypocrites. Cant state an opinion without someone clowning you for it and then they do the same thing and getting defensive. This board has changed alot in the last few years. The posters on this board act so high and mighty. 

I agree on Takk and Rico however, Ryan is good but too me is not up there with Manning, Brady, Favre, Brees. He's not that kind of player imo.

Takk has never impressed me at all, Rico is ok. He did some good things but not what we needed at safety, need a playmaker.

You dont owe jack-squat to anybody.

I think some people on this board just need to realize that other posters are entitled to their own opinions. Though we may all have different views on how to make the team better, we ultimately all want the same thing at the end.

People sitting back and demeaning other posters that dont agree w/ their philosophy is a real problem on this board.

3 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I don’t think anyone thinks you’re negative. You’re very respected around here. I just think so many people don’t understand your point of view. And often times they pretend or think they do but they still don’t 

Sounds like a lot of takes about players. Pretend they know about the player knowing **** well they just googled and put it in their own words. But that’s neither here nor there. 

34 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

**** what anyone thinks. HeIl I’m a Saints fan according to a few that can’t handle a disagreement. You ain’t gotta explain yourself to anyone here. I learned that long ago. 

I thought the Saints were your #2 team? I may be thinking of someone else that said as much.

Its the internet.. 0 consequences for what people say.  I wouldn't trip out. You've shown your knowledge and just like everything in life, everyone has their set of beliefs and opinions.  That is the good thing about a message board/forum.  We can debate and talk about things, but now a days people seem to be a lot more sensitive and unable to debate or carry a conversation with differing perspectives/opinions.

Posted (edited)

Kudos for you saying like it is and screw anyone that disagrees.  Like you, I agree with you all the way down across the team as I think Takk and Rico aren't all that and I'll throw Kazee into that dumpster fire as well.  Our OL is questionable at best at this point as is how our OC is going to make the best use of Gurley as well as the passing game.  I will say I'm excited about the new additions and kicking the tires on some of these former 1st rounders that hopefully the coaching staff can 'cattle prod' and find their inner beast.  The best fans on this board know how to disagree and still be friends/fans of this team without all the drama and disrespect.

I'm just hopeful that this year we start to show some semblance of a team we had when we destroyed the Packers in the NFC playoffs a few short years ago, that was the greatest win (and payback) ever.  Hang tight and stay safe and above all, Go Falcons! 

Edited by falconfansince66

1 hour ago, Knight of God said:

There is a going, thread derailing, myth

It seems like youve had to do this before several years ago as well.  gotta re-intro yourself to the newer generation of TATFers.  keep it fresh. 

But hey, I like you.  And thats not a myth.   But you do owe me-   a couple quarter pounders w cheese...xxxl fries...  hehe.  j.k.    

24 minutes ago, Mid-Nite-Toker said:

@Knight of God

Its strong convictions and opinions that make for a good board anyway. Who cares if it comes off negative or positive...its your feelings as a fan.  You don't owe anyone an explanation...carry on.

Exactly...like when Matt Ryan was on notice...:ninja:

Lol, hope you’re doing well man

7 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

It seems like youve had to do this before several years ago as well.  gotta re-intro yourself to the newer generation of TATFers.  keep it fresh. 

But hey, I like you.  And thats not a myth.   But you do owe me-   a couple quarter pounders w cheese...xxxl fries...  hehe.  j.k.    

Come to DC bro. 

2 hours ago, Knight of God said:

I shouldn’t do this, but it seems only those that know more about me and can actually read know this. 

There is a going, thread derailing, myth that I’m super negative. No, I have very high standards in everything I am and do. It’s my way.  No one has to like it, but if we’re friends, it’s likely to irk but we’re still cool. 

I don’t dislike ANYONE on our offense. I am and will always be so-so on Matt Ryan, but I love the receivers, TEs (wanted Hurst out of college), the OL I’m so-so. RBs I love except Hill. He’s so-so. I hate Koetter. Always have, always will.

On Defense I really like the coordinators and assistants. Really. I don’t like Takk or Rico. Everyone else is aces with me. I’m cool. Just those two. Rico mainly because he’s made to be something he isn’t and he needs serious upgrade. Takk is all bark no bite. Gets the fanbase hyped up and does what he did the year before. He has the potential, but behaves as though he’s already made it. As far as Kazee, I like him. I don’t think he can carry the secondary. His reads are bad, his reaction time is inconsistent to a fault, but I love his dog and effort. The same thing I like in Rico. Effort. 

Thing is, I believe we are a LB and FS short of that excellence we can be. If Neal is healthy, we’re good there, but just stop it with the Kam Chancellor bull. The only similarity is they hit. That’s all.

Well you already know I love you bro. For decades now. I agree with many of your sentiments in this post and differ on a few:

• You're not negative, but like me you need rest bad. Like this year please
  • Matt Ryan may not be a fav of yours but he is far from so so. Top 5-10 every year. Best Falcon QB ever. Trust me
  • So far just me and @Draftnut57 are the only ones on the BHill train. Not great but effective. I like the dog in him
  • Never been a fan of Kutty. Ever. He better rise up this year or get to the State Line. We could have done better
  • I put my name on Takk. Got some dog in him but got misplayed a bit and has some mental hurdles to overcome
  • Never got the Rico love. Still think it's the 2014 Hard Knocks episode that's carried on for five years. So meh to me
  • Kazee may be my fav on the roster outside of Gurley. Playmaker. AssBeater. Will hopefully hit another level this year
  • Love Neal. Mocked him in the second that year. Thought Dimi reached but he's a dog too. Gotta get healthy though
  • I know your second team is BAL. Never liked em but love what their FO does year after year. Roster builders. Envious

Never viewed you as negative. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, and granted, i may not agree with all of yours. But, i always appreciate when a poster like yourself backs their opinion with facts. Theres nothing negative about that! We have some on this board who straight up bash the team and are very single minded in their opinions ( fire this one, trade that one, this one sucks). Theres a huge difference between saying that and suggesting we could upgrade a spot. Lets face it, these are pros. We are fans( short for fanatics), we should all want to see our team do well without being total a**hats about it. I find you to be knowledgeable, insightful, and you add to our fanbase. And even if i disagree you offer arguments to consider. You require no explanation bro.

2 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

hey, i got cvt crew up there.  annandale, lincolnia, hybla valley...  if im in the area, ill give you a shout.   

Cool man, I’m in the Annandale area a lot! Same county, I live in Chantilly these days. Let me know.

6 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Cool man, I’m in the Annandale area a lot! Same county, I live in Chantilly these days. Let me know.

wow yeah, nice area.  my buddy lives in centreville farms.  you have to check out dogfish ale brewery.  great atm, beer and food.  check that.  we will have to do that!

Just now, VTCrunkler said:

wow yeah, nice area.  my buddy lives in centreville farms.  you have to check out dogfish ale brewery.  great atm, beer and food.  check that.  we will have to do that!

Sounds good man. I forgot VT in your name is Virginia Tech. I’m in Roanoke all the time man.

1 hour ago, caponine said:

You really didnt need to explain yourself, this board is of hypocrites. Cant state an opinion without someone clowning you for it and then they do the same thing and getting defensive. This board has changed alot in the last few years. The posters on this board act so high and mighty. 

I agree on Takk and Rico however, Ryan is good but too me is not up there with Manning, Brady, Favre, Brees. He's not that kind of player imo.

Takk has never impressed me at all, Rico is ok. He did some good things but not what we needed at safety, need a playmaker.

But @caponine .....please tell us what you think about Tevin Coleman?

https://www.nflshop.com/san-francisco-49ers/mens-san-francisco-49ers-tevin-coleman-nike-scarlet-game-jersey/t-36933707+p-0363899052014+z-9-1843325213

:ninja::):ninja: