Man I am rewatching the game, and I understand Matt Ryan's arm was weak and noodly at the time but he literally had little to no help. Our DB and DL play was so so so bad that there was no way it wasn't getting shredded if we had won this game. Those Mike Smith Dbs we had, all owned fused necks, and that Dline could not stop the rush, jog, walk, or crawl. HIs OL also gave him little to no time. Its just sad in his 12 year career we've given him a good OL/DL and DB play maybe once or twice.

8 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

Man I am rewatching the game, and I understand Matt Ryan's arm was weak and noodly at the time but he literally had little to no help. Our DB and DL play was so so so bad that there was no way it wasn't getting shredded if we had won this game. Those Mike Smith Dbs we had, all owned fused necks, and that Dline could not stop the rush, jog, walk, or crawl. HIs OL also gave him little to no time. Its just sad in his 12 year career we've given him a good OL/DL and DB play maybe once or twice.

The Cardinals were a very good team. Kurt Warner could torch any defense. I honestly think that if we got past the Cardinals we would have made it to the super bowl that year.

10 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

The Cardinals were a very good team. Kurt Warner could torch any defense. I honestly think that if we got past the Cardinals we would have made it to the super bowl that year.

I dunno that is arguable, we got lucky that the Cardinals OL was just as bad as ours and tripped all over itself which gifted us a few turnovers. its arguable we might have made te superbowl but we would have gotten blown out by the steelers. 

3 hours ago, Osiruz said:

I remember at least four things that killed us in that ARI game:

• Ryan pick
  • Milloy getting beat
  • Brooking 3rd and 16
  • Dahl getting blown up and Ryan and Turner fumbling (the biggest gaffe of the game)
3 hours ago, caponine said:

Larry Fitzgerald massacred our secondary

Ryan got flustered,  it was a wrap from there 

Their WR had their way with our secondary for sure. Also their RBs destroyed our front 7. We got lucky with some tos which kept us in the game but our defense and OL stunk it up. 

5 hours ago, takeitdown said:

Their DL abused our OL.  Turner averaged what, 2ypc?  And they were in the pocket all day.

If our OL and their DL had been equivalent, we would have won that game easily.

i remember screaming at the tv saying run norwood he doing better then turner this game but they didnt listen then right after the half fumble :doh:

3 hours ago, Knight of God said:

We all seemed to be screaming for a bookend to go with Abraham back then. Coleman wasn’t a bad FS, not great either. That defense had so many holes. Ryan had nearly 3500yds and Turner nearly 1700. Man. 

Yepp waste of a legendary season for the burner as he was second in NFL mvp voting, I didnt have alot of expectations but I hoped we'd win it. Coleman to me was slightly below average, but Crisp Houston, Grady, Brooking, Lawyer Milloy, and Foxworth were all below average or washed up at that point. 

11 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I remember at least four things that killed us in that ARI game:

• Ryan pick
  • Milloy getting beat
  • Brooking 3rd and 16
  • Dahl getting blown up and Ryan and Turner fumbling (the biggest gaffe of the game)

Alot of it has to do with the OL getting dominated, and a rookie QB who was staring down his WRs, or throwing the ball safe (you should blame Mike Mullarky for that, as he overshot RW in the endzone). It also didnt help that Mike Jenkins literally had horrible situational awareness, lmao @ stepping out of bounds with 1 yard to go to get a first down with no one around him. Would have had a TD instead of a FG.  

10 hours ago, Osiruz said:

Their WR had their way with our secondary for sure. Also their RBs destroyed our front 7. We got lucky with some tos which kept us in the game but our defense and OL stunk it up. 

The scoree does not tell the whole story, we got thoroughly outplayed in every facet. Defense, Offense, Special teams. H3ll we could not stop 30 year old Edgerrin James. Karlos Dansby and Calais Campbell just abused us 

1 hour ago, caponine said:

The scoree does not tell the whole story, we got thoroughly outplayed in every facet. Defense, Offense, Special teams. H3ll we could not stop 30 year old Edgerrin James. Karlos Dansby and Calais Campbell just abused us 

What happened is they sold out to stop the run, they didnt care if it caused a few yellow flags. They were going to jump the snap at all costs to try to stop Turner. The problem was M.M is not the kind of OC that could make them pay, but I'll give him credit for trying. His OL stunk up thr joint, and got off the ball late too many times.