I’d rather have an edge, one of the most valuable positions, coming off injury with something to prove and showed signs the last two years, and the possibility to resign them long term if he proves himself, than a back, arguably least valuable position, who has a low success rate (41%, you know who else was 41% last year?  Free.). For those that like YPC he has only been over 4 once, something people held against Free last year as the reason he was washed up.  Fournette isn’t that good.  He literally had a game where he was -8 yards on 13 attempts last season before breaking off a long run in garbage time (main reason i don’t like YPC).

Both are gonna be free agents, both can’t stay healthy (read JF has chronic ankle issue), both seem a little loose upstairs...why not. That said would much rather get a pick for Takk, so we have more picks for trading scenarios next year.

honestly, Takk probably will have bigger trade market, due to position IMO.

And before folks jump on me, we always undervalue falcons players and overvalue other teams guys here, so you have my rebuttal. If Takk was on the market there would be threads to trade a 3 for him, lol.

Fournette is making $6.78 million this year. I would say strap on the seat belt, grow some cojones, and execute this trade ASAP youngin'. All we have to do is go over the cap, not sign our draft class, and tear down the DL depth which we worked hard to build in the off season. The gains from signing an older and more expensive version of Ollison will be well worth it. I bet you are one of those guys who spends more on Jordans than they do on rent. 

5 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

Fournette is making $6.78 million this year. I would say strap on the seat belt, grow some cojones, and execute this trade ASAP youngin'. All we have to do is go over the cap, not sign our draft class, and tear down the DL depth which we worked hard to build in the off season. The gains from signing an older and more expensive version of Ollison will be well worth it. I bet you are one of those guys who spends more on Jordans than they do on rent. 

Show me where it says he’s making that much this year. I saw a completely different number. 

Nevermind I was looking at someone else

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Show me where it says he’s making that much this year. I saw a completely different number. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/jacksonville-jaguars/leonard-fournette-21745/

I misread it, his salary is $4.16 million while his cap hit is 8.7 million, his avg salary is $6.7 million. That is over $10M tied up at the RB position which is an astute TATF GM move. 

1 minute ago, Osiruz said:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/jacksonville-jaguars/leonard-fournette-21745/

I misread it, his salary is $4.16 million while his cap hit is 8.7 million, his avg salary is $6.7 million. That is over $10M tied up at the RB position which is an astute TATF GM move. 

I edited the post to say that I was looking at someone else. I guess it doesn't show up after an edit