Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
bigjmw84

Post June 1 FA

With the Harris acquisition, I see LB as the most realistic target. Phill recently resigned Bradham, but I wouldn't mind kicking the tires on Mychael Kendricks. I would prefer an edge player, but I dont see that happening unless we trade Takk

54 minutes ago, NWFALCON said:

Isn’t  Kendricks supposed to be going to jail?

Apparently he is, but the date keeps getting pushed back. Idk how credible the source was but it says he could face 25 years in jail lol. 

Alec Ogletree, Darron Lee, Vontaze Burfict, Deone Bucannon. Look at someone like that for LB. Ogletree isn’t that good, but hey. Burfict is nuts, but hey so is Takk. Deone is a leader and veteran stability. Lee is inconsistent and stays hurt. That’s what’s out there.

2 hours ago, Knight of God said:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/ufa/linebacker/available/

As far as safety, Eric Reid. He would be good in rotation and bring some insight. He has played single high. Try it and if it fails, so what. You tried

I dont mind reid at all cause he can actually play. For me, I'd just want him to be 100% focused on football and not other off the field ****. Dont know if anything else has been said about this but he has something going on off the field every year since the whole kneeling thing

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2020/04/03/eric-reid-nflpa-cba-dispute-explained

7 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Alec Ogletree, Darron Lee, Vontaze Burfict, Deone Bucannon. Look at someone like that for LB. Ogletree isn’t that good, but hey. Burfict is nuts, but hey so is Takk. Deone is a leader and veteran stability. Lee is inconsistent and stays hurt. That’s what’s out there.

Burfict can **** off honestly. There's nuts and then there's piece of ****. 

I’d take a flyer on Darron Lee or add Deone Bucannon for more legitimate depth. Possibly Mark Barron for a cheap veteran presence. I know we just traded for Harris, but I still feel like a 3rd down speed rusher (preferably one who can play SLB on early downs) is our biggest need. Thinking Clay Matthews, Cameron Wake, etc. Dennard would make our CB depth fantastic, and Reid, Tony Jefferson, etc. Could help our safety depth (though I’m. It sure our coaches view that as a need)

7 hours ago, Knight of God said:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/ufa/linebacker/available/

As far as safety, Eric Reid. He would be good in rotation and bring some insight. He has played single high. Try it and if it fails, so what. You tried

Has Eric berry been signed? I still think he would be a good depth signing as he can play both safety positions

We need depth in 4-5 spots. I wouldn't mind picking up fliers on some bargain bin depth to add some veteran presence in the young position groups

10. EDGE CAMERON WAKE

Wake’s PFF pass-rushing grade has dropped in each of the past five seasons, falling from 93.3 in 2015 down to 77.8 in 2019. The 38-year-old veteran still brings high-floor pass-rush production to the table, but his days as an elite pass-rusher in the NFL may be behind him.

16. CB TRAMON WILLIAMS

It’s pretty crazy that 36-year-old Tramon Williams was the 11th highest-graded cornerback in coverage this past season and the eighth-most valuable cornerback in the NFL. He gave a handful of 40-yard plays that he wishes he had back, but in his 18 games played he allowed under 45 yards in coverage in 13 and allowed one catch or fewer in eight. He turns 37 this week which will scare a lot of teams away, but he’s worth pursuing to fill a short-term need

32. EDGE PERNELL MCPHEE

Pernell McPhee has had a brutal injury history, leading to a limited role over the last few years. Prior to the injury pile-up, McPhee was beginning to look like one of the top edge defenders in the NFL. In 2014 with Baltimore and 2015 with Chicago, McPhee produced PFF grades in the mid-80s leading to ranks that were among the five best at his position each season. McPhee isn't a liability when on the field, but the injuries and age are a massive concern.

37. EDGE VINNY CURRY

Thirty-one-year-old Vinny Curry had a career year in 2019 as a pass-rusher, posting an 81.7 pass-rush grade ranking 12th at his position and pressure rate that tied for fourth with J.J. Watt at 16.9%. Curry spent one season away from Philadelphia before returning in 2019 with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and he posted the worst grade of his career both overall and as a pass-rusher. He’s generated a consistent amount of pressure in his time with Philadelphia outside of 2019 (top 20 in pressure rate in 2016 and 2017) and would be great added depth.

Clay Matthews as a Situational pass rusher would be fantastic imo. He’s still productive and until Walker is up to speed he could be our base SLB. 

I still want a veteran to compete for top 2 CB spots . Sheffield is locked in as a NB at worst. We have hope for Oliver and high hopes for AJ. I want a guy to come in to push them and help bring them along. 

11 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

I dont mind reid at all cause he can actually play. For me, I'd just want him to be 100% focused on football and not other off the field ****. Dont know if anything else has been said about this but he has something going on off the field every year since the whole kneeling thing

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2020/04/03/eric-reid-nflpa-cba-dispute-explained

Dude called out Rivera saying it didn't matter what he thought about the kneeling as soon as he signed with Carolina. We've seen Ridley dust him up a few times, not sure what he brings to the table outside maybe calling out our head coach for something or threatening a lawsuit if he doesn't get his way.

6 minutes ago, stizz said:

Dude called out Rivera saying it didn't matter what he thought about the kneeling as soon as he signed with Carolina. We've seen Ridley dust him up a few times, not sure what he brings to the table outside maybe calling out our head coach for something or threatening a lawsuit if he doesn't get his way.

Well that’s pretty much exactly what I said in the post. Getting burned doesn’t mean you can’t play. Pretty sure I can name 20 elites that have been burned over and over so that’s irrelevant IMO

I like the idea of Bucannon for position versatility. Carr or Wake for veteran leadership at young positions.

I'd I had to choose one of the three, I would go with Carr. He was still productive last year and we would need his experience the most in that room.