CB Darqueze Dennard

I still would love the Falcons to kick the tires on him.  We need some veteran presence and we supposedly targeted him Pre draft.

He would likely win a starting job.  Let them all compete and may the best man win.  But IMO he would be the best corner on the team Day 1.

Interesting stat on him last year: he allowed just 4 catches of 10 + yards.   He had the NFL’s 15th best coverage grade in 2019.

4 minutes ago, atljbo said:

They love Kendall in the slot so I can't see us doing this even tho I agree on having a vet.... I can't see us paying 4 mil a year for a non starter at cb now.

I'm hoping for a tramon Williams for the vet min signing later summer.

I’d be happy with Williams as well. 

But Dennard is a true man/press corner who can play boundary or slot.  Has great versatility.

We are an injury away from having BWW start and unknowns behind him

4 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Tbh I'd like either. Ideally both. But I want another vet DE and safety too so either way I'll be a lil disappointed

I know people want to talk about age and "washed up vets" and whatnot, but if we were to hear that we were adding Tramon Williams, Clay Matthews, Michael Bennett, and Eric Berry, I'd be thrilled

2 hours ago, atljbo said:

They love Kendall in the slot so I can't see us doing this even tho I agree on having a vet.... I can't see us paying 4 mil a year for a non starter at cb now.

I'm hoping for a tramon Williams for the vet min signing later summer.

Dennard is better than any CB on the roster.  For $4M/yr., sign me up.

I don’t want to bring anyone in. I think we’ve got a ton of young talent at CB, let them grow and maybe just maybe they will grow into a lockdown group like we’ve always hoped to have. Vets unfortunately get in the way of that growth sometimes.

And this offense has absolutely no reason not to give this defense a lead to play with. That also makes it easier to stick with the young’s guys.

41 minutes ago, 32wood84white said:

I don’t want to bring anyone in. I think we’ve got a ton of young talent at CB, let them grow and maybe just maybe they will grow into a lockdown group like we’ve always hoped to have. Vets unfortunately get in the way of that growth sometimes.

And this offense has absolutely no reason not to give this defense a lead to play with. That also makes it easier to stick with the young’s guys.

We have a little more than 5 million invested in our cornerbacks.  That’s not enough.  We need a quality veteran back there.

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

We have a little more than 5 million invested in our cornerbacks.  That’s not enough.  We need a quality veteran back there.

I don’t think money to position is a good indicator of need. You’ve invested two high round draft picks in Oliver and AJ and Sheffield has gained the trust of the coaches, evident by the amount of snaps and the way he was used late last season.

Add on top they like Blidi, there’s your vet on a one year deal.  Just can’t see them adding at CB.

2 hours ago, jlrfalcon said:

The big factor to take into account is that the Falcons are likely to play with 3 safeties and 2 cornerbacks more than 3 cornerbacks and 2 safeties - Neal, Kazee and Allen cannot be left on the bench too much.

Why not?  Allen isn't good.  Kazee is average at best.  Neal has played 4 games in 2 years.

16 minutes ago, gtech1 said:

Why not?  Allen isn't good.  Kazee is average at best.  Neal has played 4 games in 2 years.

Im so so on Allen but why do people continue to sleep on Kazee. Over their final 8 games he registered all 3 of his picks. When he’s on the field, he’s a ball hawk.any coincidence that when he moved to safety as a starter beside Rico the Falcons went 6-3 and played the pass a whole heck of a lot better?

He was a big part of that turn around on the defense.

9 hours ago, gtech1 said:

Kazee allowed an 84% completion rate on passes targeted against him.  :ninja:

Stats can paint any picture you need them to. Especially in a season where there was truly two complete opposite halves of a season.

I am going to go back and watch on game pass, still free right now if anyone is interested, all of his games played at safety. That’s his best position, that’s where he was during our 6-2 stretch.

I want a true scope on his play the second half at safety.