Look,

Anybody else annoyed at how the media already has the Saints and Bucs battling for the NFC South already? Granted,

TB12 is considered by many as the GOAT, but he has been running rough shot over the AFC East for years. Now playing in the NFC, let alone the NFC south is going to be tough.

Given his age, who knows, still the SUCS far as I am concerned. Yes, they will be better, but not like the media has them already.

Time will tell how all the draft pick and FA's play out. Hope after 1 Jun, we maybe get 1 more DL person to add to the mix.

Mainly, I am worried about DK, our OC. I hope that same stale Offense we had last year was just first year jitters. One can only hope as we certainly have more weapons/OL help

I do like the concentration on Defense, just not sure about the last DE. I know for only a 7th rounder, but maybe they see something coachable.

Come on DQ/TD, your jobs are on the line here.

Just now, octoslash said:

It really doesn't matter what the other teams do because the Falcons coaching staff will always be striving to reach .500, no better.   

We have talent on the field, but not much on the sideline. 

Spicy...

Defensively we looked different once Quinn stopped calling the plays.  That was highly noticeable.  It was better.  Guys were in better position to make plays.  They looked alive.  If Morris can keep doing that I think we’ll be okay.  I also think we need another PROVEN pass rusher.

Im scared about the offense more than anything.

46 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

Spicy...

Defensively we looked different once Quinn stopped calling the plays.  That was highly noticeable.  It was better.  Guys were in better position to make plays.  They looked alive.  If Morris can keep doing that I think we’ll be okay.  I also think we need another PROVEN pass rusher.

Morris is my favorite coach on this staff.  I am so happy they brought back over to the defensive side of ball.

1 hour ago, KRUNKuno said:

Spicy...

Agreed. I think D will surprise.

on coaching, I worry much more about Koetter than I do Morris/ulbrich.

My biggest frustration is with the defense and their constant sub package rotations. They look confused all the time. Continuous shuttle of players on and off the field and every play seems to begin with several defenders pointing and yelling at one another trying to adjust to offensive formations. 'Let me see if it's Tuesday and it's raining but it's more than 62 degrees I play over the TE and cover the slants off the outside but if it's a 2 TE set and the roof is open I,......I ...what do I do? Uh' oh somebody just gave up a TD, what? It was me? No way, that's not my guy, it's not raining.'  Stop it already. Let them play their position and keep it simple. Quit with all the sub packages, that's an idea that has gotten way out of hand.

Last year they simplified during the last half of the year, although any fool could see early on there was a problem. They need to self evaluate after every week. Ditch what isn't working and quit being so stubborn about the defensive philosophy.

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Agreed. I think D will surprise.

on coaching, I worry much more about Koetter than I do Morris/ulbrich.

I think a few months that the lead up to draft took the baseball bat beating off my knees of what it is to watch Koetter call a game. For sure if anyone was gone in offseason for a sacrificial lamb...,  I would have been the first one with a plate of bar b que sauce. Really wish Ryan would just go off on the front office like only the best QB is in franchise history could.

What a rubber band that guy is, surprised he can walk upright after last years beating.

How about decrease the 4 wide verticals with 5 step drops, in-ability to run inside, and dearth of outside running plays be a great place to start for improvement ehh Koetter?

Edited by OrthoPTSD
grammar

The Media is infatuated with Brees and Brady - these guys could throw 5 interceptions in a game and still not be blamed for a loss.

However, does either team really know who their QB's will be next year?  If one-year contract Winston is NO's answer, then why did TB not keep him?  If Brady gets injured and misses a game, TB has Blaine Gabbert to turn to and has nothing for next year.

do we deserve a participation trophy or something? 

Why would the media not talk about Tom and Drew. One has been to the NFCC game 3 times in a row and the other's won 7 superbowl (or something like that). The NFCS will be the talk of the NFL this year and not because of us, unless......we sweep two hall of fame QBs. 

We can either be a side mention or the headline. This year the headline has to be earned by pizzing on Gold blazers...

Bucs: Just added the GOAT and Gronk 

Saints: Contenders for the last 3 years and have Brees going into his final season

Falcons: Have gone 7-9 for the last 2 years

Please don't complain that the media is paying more attention to our conference foes as if they don't deserve it compared to us.