Jump to content

Falcons Trade For DE Charles Harris


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why are y’all hating? It’s a 7th rounder and a smart move concerning Takks inability to finish a season healthy and also likely attitude to having his 5th season declined. Cry about not having depth t

For a 7th rounder... why not. We will have a 7th round compensatory pick anyway. I dont think this is a bad move at all.

3.5 sacks in three seasons, albeit with a terrible team. Depth pick - hopefully we didn't give up more than a seventh or sixth at the most!

3 minutes ago, wuskillzz said:

Some interesting info to think about:

2017: Dolphins starting edge rushers are Alan Branch and Cameron Wake

2018: Dolphins starting edge rushers are Robert Quinn and Cameron Wake

2019:  New Dolphins DC switches defense to 3-4

 

That should be Andre not Alan. Sorry, just had to correct it lol. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, ShadyRef said:

In what way? He isn't as athletic? 

 

They aren't the same type of players. Beasley has always been more of a speed rusher. Harris isn't a speed rusher.

 

The only thing they have in common is that they both are primarily edge rushers.

 

Beasley can be used in different ways other than just rushing the passer. He could be used as a QB spy and a few other ways. Beasley's problem was the on and off effort and not wanting to develop pass rushing moves.

 

Charles Harris is more of just a straight edge rusher. Charles Harris has also never had as much success that Beasley has had up to this point. With proper coaching and how the Falcons will use him, I think Harris could become more consistent than Beasley.

 

People on this board like to make comparisons to failed former Falcons players despite them not being in any way similar to each other outside of what their position is on paper.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

 

They aren't the same type of players.

 

The only thing they have in common is that they both are primarily edge rushers.

 

Beasley can be used in different ways other than just rushing the passer. He could be used as a QB spy and a few other ways. Beasley's problem was the on and off effort and not wanting to develop pass rushing moves.

 

Charles Harris is more of just a straight edge rusher. Charles Harris has also never had as much success that Beasley has had up to this point. With proper coaching and how the Falcons will use him, I think Harris could become more consistent than Beasley.

 

People on this board like to make comparisons to failed former Falcons players despite them not being in any way similar to each other outside of what their position is on paper.

There’s more similarities to Beasley than you’re acknowledging. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vandy said:

There’s more similarities to Beasley than you’re acknowledging. 

 

How?

 

Just because both in the end didn't pan out where they were drafted?

 

They aren't even the same style of edge rushers. People bring up Beasley comparisons because he's the most recent failure, before him many would compare players to Kroy Bierman, Ray Edwards, and Jamal Anderson before that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Da D!rty D!rty said:

Why do we pick up his guaranteed money when so many tried to convince me before the draft that the team trading the player is on the hook for guaranteed money?

1st round contracts are fully guaranteed as of the rookie wage scale. When a player is traded the bonuses stay with the original team, but the salary goes to the new team. If the salary was already fully guaranteed, it still is. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Da D!rty D!rty said:

Why do we pick up his guaranteed money when so many tried to convince me before the draft that the team trading the player is on the hook for guaranteed money?

Rookie contracts are different. @hjerry can explain it better but if I'm remembering right the signing bonus is what the first team keeps and the second team doesn't touch. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

 

How?

 

Just because both in the end didn't pan out where they were drafted?

 

They aren't even the same style of edge rushers. People bring up Beasley comparisons because he's the most recent failure, before him many would compare players to Kroy Bierman, Ray Edwards, and Jamal Anderson before that.

Both had very similar draft metrics coming out of college: 

        Both with  lightening quick 1st steps

        Both Known coming out of college as speed rushers lacking a repertoire of pass rush moves. (BTW, neither have gotten better in that department as pros either)

       Both are liabilities against the run.

       Both are athletic tweeners.

And neither player is anything like Biermann, Edwards or Anderson. Not sure where that came from.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

 

They aren't the same type of players. Beasley has always been more of a speed rusher. Harris isn't a speed rusher.

 

The only thing they have in common is that they both are primarily edge rushers.

 

Beasley can be used in different ways other than just rushing the passer. He could be used as a QB spy and a few other ways. Beasley's problem was the on and off effort and not wanting to develop pass rushing moves.

 

Charles Harris is more of just a straight edge rusher. Charles Harris has also never had as much success that Beasley has had up to this point. With proper coaching and how the Falcons will use him, I think Harris could become more consistent than Beasley.

 

People on this board like to make comparisons to failed former Falcons players despite them not being in any way similar to each other outside of what their position is on paper.

Thanks. How do you see him being used here? Can he play SAM? Or is he strictly a nickel rusher? 

Why wasn't he more productive in Miami's scheme and what makes him possibly good for ours? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

and yet Beasley's worst season  >  Harris' entire career.   LMAO.

Not dredging up old news, but Beasley wasn't a bad player... He was a lost player that needed mentorship. With Freeney, he was the sack leader... Without he was still decent... But falcons not having pass rush isn't on one player 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...