Falcons Trade For DE Charles Harris

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why are y’all hating? It’s a 7th rounder and a smart move concerning Takks inability to finish a season healthy and also likely attitude to having his 5th season declined. Cry about not having depth t

For a 7th rounder... why not. We will have a 7th round compensatory pick anyway. I dont think this is a bad move at all.

3.5 sacks in three seasons, albeit with a terrible team. Depth pick - hopefully we didn't give up more than a seventh or sixth at the most!

4 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Honestly I'd say he values it if hes trying to upgrade but he hasnt been. He's settled in with JAGs like Quinn sadly.

Yeah, it’s weird how that all has transpired.  It’s like they’ve both lost their roots from what made them successful in careers early on. 

19 minutes ago, Vandy said:

He values it, he himself was a safety in college. But to your point, he just hasn’t gotten lucky like he did with Earl & Cam. 50 years as a coach those were two once- in-lifetime players.

Marquis Blair could be special at Free Safety for Seattle.  He was very good as a rookie last year

3 minutes ago, Vandy said:

A lot depends on the player. See Grady Jarrett.

I thought that he would have at least had 3 very solid mainstays on the line by now. Asides from Grady, who else?  Back in Seattle the had Avril, Bennett, red bryant, i forgot the other guy but they were a solid 4 that contributed. We haven't had any semblance of that at any duration of his time as coach here. I think he is a good coach still working things out and finding his way. I just thought it dline would have been a major strength under him at the minimum. Don't know why that hasn't materialized. 

8 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Yeah, it’s weird how that all has transpired.  It’s like they’ve both lost their roots from what made them successful in careers early on. 

Honestly I think they just didnt notice. I think they stumbled on ET (he was awesome and you had to get him) and Kam and just never realized they're who made the defense work.

It's crazy how they just don't seem to see it. 

27 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Folks forget Bennett started with Seattle 1st before moving on to Tampa. Key to Bennett’s game is his hands, and he credits Quinn for teaching him how to effectively use them as weapons during his rookie time there.

Yeah, it was that, along with his high focus as a developmental coach, and his focus on utilizing the traits a player has that gave me optimism.  I normally am for offensive head coaches.  But I thought enough of what he was saying there made a lot of sense and could really be a boon to the team.

I'm surprised we haven't had more progress with the DL (we also haven't drafted a lot of 3rd-5th rounder types, which I figured we would...guys with a good trait that can be coached up).  Cominsky's really the only one we've done that way.

4 minutes ago, ShadyRef said:

I thought that he would have at least had 3 very solid mainstays on the line by now. Asides from Grady, who else?  Back in Seattle the had Avril, Bennett, red bryant, i forgot the other guy but they were a solid 4 that contributed. We haven't had any semblance of that at any duration of his time as coach here. I think he is a good coach still working things out and finding his way. I just thought it dline would have been a major strength under him at the minimum. Don't know why that hasn't materialized. 

Well, a lot different role in Seattle (DL coach, then DC) from overseeing the big picture as a HC here.

Plus, drafting the right players requires more luck than we realize, I think. 

11 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Marquis Blair could be special at Free Safety for Seattle.  He was very good as a rookie last year

Very good? What was very good about him?

126 QBR when targeted

3 starts

No picks? 

They traded for Diggs and let him start to replace Thompson. Why not just let Blair take over instead?

7 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Very good? What was very good about him?

126 QBR when targeted

3 starts

No picks? 

They traded for Diggs and let him start to replace Thompson. Why not just let Blair take over instead?

He is perfect as their buzz defender.  Rarely makes mistakes twice.  Once he became their starter had a overall grade of 84.  For the year graded out higher than ET

13 minutes ago, takeitdown said:

Yeah, it was that, along with his high focus as a developmental coach, and his focus on utilizing the traits a player has that gave me optimism.  I normally am for offensive head coaches.  But I thought enough of what he was saying there made a lot of sense and could really be a boon to the team.

I'm surprised we haven't had more progress with the DL (we also haven't drafted a lot of 3rd-5th rounder types, which I figured we would...guys with a good trait that can be coached up).  Maybe we'll start taking one of those each draft.

Good post.

This year’s draft seems more of a return to what I thought we were getting with Quinn (2015-16). 

3 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

He is perfect as their buzz defender.  Rarely makes mistakes twice.  Once he became their starter had a overall grade of 84.  For the year graded out higher than ET

Yeah meh. "Buzz defender" is much different than being a single high guy and I doubt youd find anyone in the league taking Blair over ET if they're building a team for one year going for a ring if cost is not a factor. 

If Blair develops into more **** yeah but I dont see it.

Some interesting info to think about:

2017: Dolphins starting edge rushers are Alan Branch and Cameron Wake

2018: Dolphins starting edge rushers are Robert Quinn and Cameron Wake

2019:  New Dolphins DC switches defense to 3-4

Harris MAY have been in a situation in which it would have been almost impossible for him to succeed.

This sounds (based on minimal information on Harris and his time in Miami) like Jerry Hughes when he was with Colts.  

Hopefully,  a change in scenery can get production out Harris similar to what Hughes has done in Buffalo.

2017: It should have been Andre Branch, not Alan

Edited by wuskillzz