Falcons Trade For DE Charles Harris

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why are y’all hating? It’s a 7th rounder and a smart move concerning Takks inability to finish a season healthy and also likely attitude to having his 5th season declined. Cry about not having depth t

For a 7th rounder... why not. We will have a 7th round compensatory pick anyway. I dont think this is a bad move at all.

3.5 sacks in three seasons, albeit with a terrible team. Depth pick - hopefully we didn't give up more than a seventh or sixth at the most!

40 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

Wow!  This IMO is a great deal and get.! love it.. To me, this could end up being the best move the FO has made..  I agree thou ,,  This guy has the talent if he's willing to work,,  I really like this move... He needs to work under a performance  contract ..... That IMO would help him to help us be a great team... Not just a good team..  Great news..... 

I think you need to temper your expectations sir! "Best move the FO has made"??

My vague recollection of Harris is he seemed like a good college player but then tested poorly at the Combine. Some people said "Oh maybe that's a red flag" while others said "Who cares what he does in the underwear olympics?". The Dolphins apparently believed the Combine didn't mean much. 

11 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Ya'll wanting to just trade Takk because they got this guy are crazy. I've lost a lot of faith in him but Takk's still better and this defense isn't good enough to just trade away people for the **** of it. 

I don't think anyone actually said they wanted to trade him now, just that they wondered if it may happen

34 minutes ago, hjerry said:

Wonder if they'll play him at SAM like they did with Reed

I'm so confused. Isn't SAM the same as the OLB position that Devondre and now Mykal walker was drafted for? If not what's the difference? 

44 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

The team definitely helped. But Carroll should also get flak for destroying that team. Ran Sherman off, ran ET off, ignored the OL just like we did for awhile, etc

And since losing Kam and ET he has ignored S with JAGs just like us. This tells me he got lucky and didn't value S like some thought.

He values it, he himself was a safety in college. But to your point, he just hasn’t gotten lucky like he did with Earl & Cam. 50 years as a coach those were two once- in-lifetime players.

3 hours ago, pa_falcon_fan said:

I don't know about this move.  He was basically in the same boat as Takk.  High draft pick who didn't produce.  5th year option not taken.  Does he really make us better?

Confucius say, even if not accomplish anything, making moves always appear very impressive.  :worship:

As far as I'm concerned, trading a 7th round pick for a guy with 1st round physical ability who is still young is a no-brainer.  What else are you going to do with a 7th - draft a punter? :)

If Harris turns out to be nothing more than mediocre depth you're still ahead of where you'd be with the typical 7th round camp body.

52 minutes ago, takeitdown said:

Bennett was talking about before he even started for Tampa.

Folks forget Bennett started with Seattle 1st before moving on to Tampa. Key to Bennett’s game is his hands, and he credits Quinn for teaching him how to effectively use them as weapons during his rookie time there.

3 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Yes. It’s called competition.

So if he is bad at seeing the edge as a defensive end, doesn't him moving to OLB also require him to also set the edge? Won't that also mean he will have to occasionally play coverage? Do you think he has the athletic profile to make that kind of transition? I don't know much about the guy. 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Folks forget Bennett started with Seattle 1st before moving on to Tampa. Key to Bennett’s game is his hands, and he credits Quinn for teaching him how to effectively use them as weapons during his rookie time there.

Why do you think Quinn hasn't had a much success with the dline compared to Seattle? 

Edited by ShadyRef
1 hour ago, Cole World said:

This is @ike barn87987 boy. I remember him pounding the table for him in 2017.

He was that 1 guy I just didn't want that year. If it's a conditional pick, it's not the end of the world, but I just don't see him bringing much to the table. Would have preferred if we got Clay Matthews instead.

This isn't pretty...

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/charles-harris

12 minutes ago, Vandy said:

He values it, he himself was a safety in college. But to your point, he just hasn’t gotten lucky like he did with Earl & Cam. 50 years as a coach those were two once- in-lifetime players.

Honestly I'd say he values it if hes trying to upgrade but he hasnt been. He's settled in with JAGs like Quinn sadly.

2 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Yet when belichick does it he's a genius.

This.

:lol:.

I get it, the crowd mentality says i better not say anything positive because I'm skeered in case i'm wrong. 

It would be so awesome if this dude figures it out.  Such a low cost, such high upside.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

5 minutes ago, ShadyRef said:

So if he is bad at seeing the edge as a defensive end, doesn't him moving to OLB also require him to also set the edge? Won't that also mean he will have to occasionally play coverage? Do you think he has the athletic profile to make that kind of transition? I don't know much about the guy. 

He’s a little like Beasley, a one-trick pony. Lightening quick 1st step, but no counter moves. No run D.

Lost his confidence.