Falcons Trade For DE Charles Harris

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why are y’all hating? It’s a 7th rounder and a smart move concerning Takks inability to finish a season healthy and also likely attitude to having his 5th season declined. Cry about not having depth t

For a 7th rounder... why not. We will have a 7th round compensatory pick anyway. I dont think this is a bad move at all.

3.5 sacks in three seasons, albeit with a terrible team. Depth pick - hopefully we didn't give up more than a seventh or sixth at the most!

Meh,

OK, a few things. First, it's a 7th round pick and 2mil, so I really can't be all that upset. Would I have done it? Eh, I kinda forgot this guy even existed,  so there's that, but for a 7th round pick and 2mil, it I can't really understand getting riled up over it.

As for him, took me a second to remember him, but yeah, I remember quite a few on here loved him and wanted us to trade up for him. I was in the group that really never understood why yall loved him so much. His combine numbers were terrible @Kayoh lol. I saw someone on here call him "fast" Uh yeah, no, lol, he is anything but fast, the very definition of an effort player, and I really didn't see that translating into the NFL.

Finally, for anyone worrying about us making another signing, this really doesn't preclude that. We weren't signing anyone until at least June, and even then, we probably would have to move some money around to add anyone significant, even before this signing, so this changes very little in that regard, if at all. 

3 minutes ago, stizz said:

Because when you look at our dline, it projects to be toward the bottom of the league in sacks again. TD could have found production elsewhere via trade.

Where? You got a lead on a team releasing or ready to trade  a player or just saying you think he could? You are just throwing out vague speculation Saying he could find better via trade. 

Just now, pearljamnash13 said:

The real reason I like this move is because we still have control of him and with us expected to get three compensatory picks this is just us looking for depth along the line. If he works out great. If he doesn't we can let him walk with no strings attached.

Exactly!  

36 minutes ago, EpicBird said:

Here’s the problem: His salary of $1.9 million is fully guaranteed. He’s had 3.5 sacks in 41 career games. You could get that from a practice squad player for less than a third of that money. So unless DQ thinks he alone has the special sauce to turn Charles Harris has emphatically showed he ain’t, this is waste of money, waste of a draft pick (even a conditional one), and a waste of a roster spot. Dolphins probably can’t believe they found someone to take the guy off their hands. 

We can cut him and it cost nothing. 

6 minutes ago, stizz said:

Just like it's easy to keep up with guys who get lazy once they get drafted and eventually bust. Didn't stop you from making that post about how it doesn't happen.

A lazy NFL player is still about 100x less lazy than your average NFL fan.....glass houses and rocks and whatnot.

Just now, Cheyakita said:

Where? You got a lead on a team releasing or ready to trade  a player or just saying you think he could? You are just throwing out vague speculation Saying he could find better via trade. 

Do aging pass rushers get released every year during the preseason? What was Calais Campbell acquired for from TD's buddy? Both were better avenues to travel.

I don't mind the 7th. It's that this guy's contract is guaranteed and he hasn't produced, essentially locking him up a spot on a dline that needs producers.

Just now, FalconFanSince1969 said:

A lazy NFL player is still about 100x less lazy than your average NFL fan.....glass houses and rocks and whatnot.

So now you're creating another argument. You said something else in that other thread about players not getting lazy.

Almost as lazy as not being creative to come up with your own username to mock another poster....and whatnot.

3 minutes ago, stizz said:

Do aging pass rushers get released every year during the preseason? What was Calais Campbell acquired for from TD's buddy? Both were better avenues to travel.

I don't mind the 7th. It's that this guy's contract is guaranteed and he hasn't produced, essentially locking him up a spot on a dline that needs producers.

We can still cut him and it cost us nothing. Dolphins take the guranteed.

8 minutes ago, pearljamnash13 said:

The real reason I like this move is because we still have control of him and with us expected to get three compensatory picks this is just us looking for depth along the line. If he works out great. If he doesn't we can let him walk with no strings attached.

Not only that, who wouldn't take this guy over what we would hope to be next year's Mr. Irrelevant.

7 minutes ago, stizz said:

Campbell made a lot more than 2mil

4 minutes ago, hjerry said:

Campbell made a lot more than 2mil

When was the last time we had an impactful player like that both in the locker room and on the field on that side of the ball. His cost was worth it. Falcons are sorely missing a leader.