I was absolutely wrong

On draft day I wasn't happy about our first round pick and didn't have kind words for Mr.Terrell but after watching a lot of footage I believe we may have gotten a steal. This film, in particular shows what type of Corner A.J. really is. I really believe he's going to surprise people. 

Considering the way the board fell, I am not as mad at the pick as I was on draft day. Still would've preferred Murray, but if the team had a higher grade on him then Murray or they saw they value at the position as a bigger need then I'll hold my off on opinion until we see results.

Just saying though, I think we missed a future Pro bowler in Murray.

2 hours ago, TheRisen999 said:

On draft day I wasn't happy about our first round pick and didn't have kind words for Mr.Terrell but after watching a lot of footage I believe we may have gotten a steal. This film, in particular shows what type of Corner A.J. really is. I really believe he's going to surprise people. 

Shows great character admitting a mistake. Those who can't or won't admit when they are wrong are weak in many areas of their personality.  Kudos to you big guy.

I think most of us were in the same boat, especially with all the smoke leading up to the draft about trading up for Young/ Okudah/ SImmons the bar was set high and eventually we were kind of set with the idea we would go all in so when those players got off the board we were puzzled to what exactly what the plan then.  Which is how it should be tbh, TD keeping everyone second guessing.  At the end I'm happy with our draft.

I can relate... but not about Terrell.

I loved the Terrell pick & feel like I might be the only person here who actually saw that coming from a mile away. I post only one mock draft per year, but this year I did a version w/ trades & a version without. In the version without trades, I figured it was almost certain Okudah & Henderson would be long gone by #16. Terrell seemed like the most complete CB remaining in terms of size, speed, length, athleticism, experience, instincts, character, and health.

Where I can relate to the OP is with the Hennessy pick.

I kinda knew that was a real possibility we draft him, so that wasn't a shocker at all... I kinda knew the production was apparently good w/ him, so that wasn't too upsetting. However, leading up to the draft I watched a bunch of interviews with Hennessy & was really put off by what seemed to me to be a guy who was SUPER soft. He seemed plenty smart, seemed like he 's a great person... but he just seems completely devoid of any sorta nastiness at all. His Leave it to Beaver demeanor had me thinking this dude was like a cat cafe... absolutely no dog in there. So in my mind, I thought he was gonna get destroyed at the next level & therefore was pretty vocal on here about not being thrilled with the pick.

After spending a little more time reading & watching stuff on him, hearing others talk about how he works, etc., I'm really starting to coming around on my thoughts of that pick. So, I'm hoping my initial reaction to that one was wrong & am excited to see what he does for the team.

3 hours ago, Xfactor said:

I think Terrell will be a better CB than a lot of people think. A lot of it is trying to get the LSU game out of their head. 

Hes also a weak tackler. He is horrible against backs and runs in shoulder first and missed too many times. 

5 minutes ago, k-train said:

I loved the Terrell pick & feel like I might be the only person here who actually saw that coming from a mile away. I post only one mock draft per year, but this year I did a version w/ trades & a version without. In the version without trades, I figured it was almost certain Okudah & Henderson would be long gone by #16. Terrell seemed like the most complete CB remaining in terms of size, speed, length, athleticism, experience, instincts, character, and health.

I kinda knew that was a real possibility we draft him, so that wasn't a shocker at all... I kinda knew the production was apparently good w/ him, so that wasn't too upsetting. However, leading up to the draft I watched a bunch of interviews with Hennessy & was really put off by what seemed to me to be a guy who was SUPER soft. He seemed plenty smart, seemed like he 's a great person... but he just seems completely devoid of any sorta nastiness at all. His Leave it to Beaver demeanor had me thinking this dude was like a cat cafe... absolutely no dog in there. So in my mind, I thought he was gonna get destroyed at the next level & therefore was pretty vocal on here about not being thrilled with the pick.

After spending a little more time reading & watching stuff on him, hearing others talk about how he works, etc., I'm really starting to coming around on my thoughts of that pick. So, I'm hoping my initial reaction to that one was wrong & am excited to see what he does for the team.

You weren't the only one. I called it, barring a trade up, but I also saw the reports of Terrell being much higher on draft boards than in the media. Chris Simms had a good take on why Terrell was a tier above everyone not named Okudah and Henderson. I know people see film and interpret it differently but I put more stock into people who played or worked in the NFL and those that coach football than media pundits. It was a great pick, IMO.

I didn't do much research onto Marlon Davidson, even though the Falcons had expressed interest, so I was expecting someone like Neville Gallimore or Madubuike at 47.

22 minutes ago, k-train said:

Part of why I like Hennessy is that he's a little crazy. He's obsessed with football. I get him seeming soft spoken, but he's mean in-game. He likes to hit. Check out this thread if you've got a minute.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ckparrot/status/1230224890449612802

4 hours ago, New Jersey Falcon said:

I think most of us were in the same boat, especially with all the smoke leading up to the draft about trading up for Young/ Okudah/ SImmons the bar was set high and eventually we were kind of set with the idea we would go all in so when those players got off the board we were puzzled to what exactly what the plan then.  Which is how it should be tbh, TD keeping everyone second guessing.  At the end I'm happy with our draft.

You pretty much nailed the reason underlying the initial reaction of the pick by TATF. After Young, Okudah and Simmons were gone and Terrell was announced for the Falcons, there were pundits commenting on him being the 5th or 6th best CB in the draft, he was slated to go like #61 instead of #16, blah blah blah. But in the end as you said, I'm happy with Terrell and happy with this draft class. Can't wait to see how these guys fit in with who's already here.