The Falcons feel they have addressed key points of pressure along the D-Front

I'm not really sure what you all see in Cominsky. Do you think he will be a world beater this year? His stat line from last season:

CAREER STATSMORE
Season Team   Tackles Interceptions Fumbles
  G GS Comb Total Ast Sck SFTY PDef Int Yds Avg Lng TDs FF
2019 Atlanta Falcons 10 0 11 3 8 0.5 -- 2 -- -- 0.0 -- -- 0

TOTAL 11 3 8 0.5 0 2 0 0 -- 0 0 0
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Games ain't played on paper.  They played inside the TV

1 hour ago, Da D!rty D!rty said:

I'm not really sure what you all see in Cominsky. Do you think he will be a world beater this year? His stat line from last season:

CAREER STATSMORE

Yeah the guy is about an average backup rotational piece at present, not even starter caliber. If the trend of about one to two of the 4-7th round picks turning into consistent starters for us remains true for the 2019 class, I'd have to say it's leaning in favor to Sheffield and maybe Ollison. I just don't expect Cominsky to become anything more than an average player at best for us. 

8 hours ago, Osiruz said:

Addition by subtraction. We got rid of the pillow tacklers in Bs, Trufart, and forgot about Dre. We added Fowler, and some 'mo better play inside with Davidson which will made the DL lethal against the pass. It will take the dbs time to gel, but that doesnt mean we cant win early on. 

We can dream can’t we...imagine the Falcons and a pass rush

7 hours ago, Da D!rty D!rty said:

CAREER STATSMORE

He's a very raw product.  It was always expected that he'd get basically a "redshirt" year.  Not much expected year 1.  The type of player you expect and hope makes a big jump year 2 after NFL coaching.

He's one of the guys I think is going to be most affected by not having a real offseason.  He has the physical tools, but he needs a lot of work on technique and just how to football.

Hope he's able to get some training in.  Would love to see him become a pocket crashing DE with some speed to close.

I honestly think we have good young talent on the D-Line.... The only problem is that's its unproven talent... Besides Grady and throw in Fowler.... I'm excited to see what Cominsky can do.... I was really impressed by what I saw from him at DE.... I thought he had to be moved inside but he showed juice at DE.... He is talented and deserve more snaps but he is unproven (aka potential) ... So is takk.,Davidson and others.

We have talent but I felt like we needed a vet who brings in some you know the production you can count on

38 minutes ago, Em_Jae20 said:

What's with the animosity?  Just trying establish a little rhetoric

"Does the coaches know more about the players than we the fans?"

That was your question.

Is there EVER a time when the fans know more than the coaches?  maybe when the coaches have had their jobs for less than a month.  Otherwise, it is an absurd question.

Just now, g-dawg said:

"Does the coaches know more about the players than we the fans?"

That was your question.

Is there EVER a time when the fans know more than the coaches?  maybe when the coaches have had their jobs for less than a month.  Otherwise, it is an absurd question.

Thank you for pointing that out for me.  I shouldn't have phrased my "thinking out loud" comment as a question.  What I was trying to imply was, "I wonder what it is the coaches are seeing in this d-line that we don't".  Because I like many others don't feel that key points of pressure along the defensive front have been addressed completely.

1 minute ago, Em_Jae20 said:

Thank you for pointing that out for me.  I shouldn't have phrased my "thinking out loud" comment as a question.  What I was trying to imply was, "I wonder what it is the coaches are seeing in this d-line that we don't".  Because I like many others don't feel that key points of pressure along the defensive front have been addressed completely.

that's a different question than what you stated.

6 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

that's a different question than what you stated.

My revised statement was just that, a statement and not a question.  Again like I said that's what I was trying to imply in the original post and failed to adequately get my point across.  Again, thanks for pointing that out to me.  And I'm noticing a little back and forth here although I'm agreeing with you so if this is coming across as being condescending or me being a d*** that not my intention.

56 minutes ago, Em_Jae20 said:

My revised statement was just that, a statement and not a question.  Again like I said that's what I was trying to imply in the original post and failed to adequately get my point across.  Again, thanks for pointing that out to me.  And I'm noticing a little back and forth here although I'm agreeing with you so if this is coming across as being condescending or me being a d*** that not my intention.

No worries my friend

All the pessimism here is unwarranted. Especially when we needed 5 starters on defense in 2016. We got them all and we stayed super healthy. A couple veterans in the right places helped us go a long way. 

I think we did a good job in the draft and in FA and now we can wiggle some moves late on FA to sure up our holes. 

13 hours ago, Da D!rty D!rty said:

CAREER STATSMORE

He was a rookie for @#$'s Sake!

On 5/1/2020 at 4:50 PM, Stryka said:

All the pessimism here is unwarranted. Especially when we needed 5 starters on defense in 2016. We got them all and we stayed super healthy. A couple veterans in the right places helped us go a long way. 

I think we did a good job in the draft and in FA and now we can wiggle some moves late on FA to sure up our holes. 

Agreed. This DL ...if it stays healthy....has the potential to the best one we’ve had here in 20+ years. 

I think peeps are sleeping on this D’s (especially DL) capacity to be pretty darn good. 

19 hours ago, KamiKazee27 said:

I thought our front 7 played decent last year. The blown coverages and poor schemes in the secondary hurt us the most. What worries me the most coming into this year is that I thought our defense was actually better than our offense on that 6-2 run. 

Secondary was definitely the much bigger problem last season. 

3 hours ago, Vandy said:

Secondary was definitely the much bigger problem last season. 

The edge was not played well. I don't blame any corner who tries to take an angle on a RB. Embarrassing and frustrating at points early and late in the season.