Aqib Talib

Although I am really excited about Oliver and Terrell, I am a bit afraid of the youth of our CB situation. They are both great athletes and I know that they are talented, but I believe that we should add a veteran Free Agent CB.

Enter Aqib Talib. An unrestricted FA, he won't count against any comp picks. I believe we could get him at a decent price too. Even more than us having a need for another corner, I think he is the guy to mentor our young, aggressive backfield. 

I still remember how he and Roddy used to get into it every time we played the Bucs. Just how he frustrates WR with his physicality. I want our DBs to play with the same passion 

Edited by Mister pudding

23 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

I like Talib but if you believe in Oliver and Sheffield you don't bench one of them for Talib. I doubt he'd come here to be a #4.

Yes you you do. He’s an established NFL dog. Our regime is in win now or gut mode. Corner situation is dubious at best.

He might be a nice guy to have in camp to tutor our youngsters, but the likelihood of him making the roster is probably minimal given his age.  There is no way he would start.

https://walterfootball.com/offseason2020mia.php

dolphinsb_logo.gif Aqib Talib, CB, Dolphins. Age: 34. star.gifstar.gif
Aqib Talib was a shell of his former self in 2019. At 34, Talib is likely finished in the NFL.

44 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

Is that supposed to make me feel better?

He’s a vet corner.

Hence why in my first response in this topic I’d defer to Morris on this.

Case in point there may just be no more tread on Talibs tires.

But a case could be made for the mentioned with an obvious connection to Morris.

4 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

He’s a vet corner.

Hence why in my first response in this topic I’d defer to Morris on this.

Case in point there just be no more tread on Talibs tires.

But a case could be made for the mentioned with an obvious connection to Morris.

Of course Morris could better gauge the CB situation. I think with the type of physical tacklers that we have drafted could really grow under his mentorship. 

No, I don't think he's a number 1 corner anymore. But after only playing 5 games last year, I think he will be cheap and his enthusiasm, work ethic and tenacity will trickle down to these young guys. I believe it is no accident that Denver's defense really stepped up when he was there