Just want some opinions here of who members like and why. Are they worthy of a position on the team or are they just OUR player(s)? Maybe they've had great moments (a few or many), but is that enough to keep them as "Falcons for life". I heard the term used on these pages many times that so and so should be able to retire as a Falcon. Is that an emotional observation? Is there room on an NFL team for sentimental consideration or shouldn't it involve the best players available? I ponder about strange things, so forgive me if this offends. 

I like Neal a lot. He seems like a quality dude off the field and a great pro. And I'm surprised by so many people on this forum who are already wanting to get rid of him or even questioning his future. I just can't see it. What he brings on the field is something that no one else on our roster can do or in the entire league. I really really hope he can stay healthy. 

and also Josh Harris

1 hour ago, Charles Wright said:

Just want some opinions here of who members like and why. Are they worthy of a position on the team or are they just OUR player(s)? Maybe they've had great moments (a few or many), but is that enough to keep them as "Falcons for life". I heard the term used on these pages many times that so and so should be able to retire as a Falcon. Is that an emotional observation? Is there room on an NFL team for sentimental consideration or shouldn't it involve the best players available? I ponder about strange things, so forgive me if this offends. 

I don't really buy into the "Falcons for life" thing but I have also cheered on and rooted players just because I liked them.

I'm a fan, I don't have to watch football like it's a business. That's exactly why I enjoy it too. I mean I'll dive in deeper than your casual fan but there's a line where I say.......okay this isn't fun anymore and I won't cross it. Well........anymore