How good do you think our secondary will be?

Hard to believe they will be very good. It would be almost impossible to be as terrible as they were the first half of last season, but hopefully we get the average secondary play we got in the last 6 games.

If defensive line continues to not generate presser, secondary will get ROASTED!

Loving Marlon Davidson but I was really hoping we got Antoine Winnefield. I’m worried about KK not being the old KK. Rico will get the job done and Kazee will be ok. The corners are huge question marks. Let hope TD and DQ hit on AJT and Oliver steps up. Im still hoping that J Adams ends up a Falcon somehow and even then we still need to add a veteran cb 

Edited by Atl Falcon

Sheffield will be good in the Nickel but our outside guys will get beat often. 

I love Neal but I can’t bank on him to stay healthy at this point. Kazee goes rogue. Allen while solid is not the answer for our centerfielder.

So I guess my answer is pretty bad lol.

Edited by PriMeTiiMe

1 hour ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

How are you guys feeling about our secondary? Do you think it will be better than last year? Do you expect our secondary to be vulnerable?

Our corners will get better as the year progresses I’m sure. Might be slower than usual with the rona tossing a wrench into everything. Neal needs to be healthy. Kazee and Rico have basically maxed out right? If I had to put a Benjamin on it I’d say bottom third of the league.

Really hate we couldn’t find another way to get Hurst or another TE. That pick was traded for 2 thirds and became Madubuike/Malik Harrison. Moving back with the Eagles as well could have yielded more picks. Just so many holes I can’t say I care about the very top stud as much as getting cheap controllable assets with upside that at worst become decent depth we have not had in years. Anywho, our defense will be lacking heavily behind and next to Jones.

22 hours ago, Malachore said:

Beat a lot and probably grabby resulting in penalties because of it.

There is not a single soul in that secondary that any OC is worried about.

LOL Mal....Folks in here who complained about Robert Alford’s PI calls..... wait until they see Mr. Terrell. :ninja:

Bottom 3rd if we don't bring in any more Front 4 help. We aren't going to be able to stop these high powered offenses on our schedule this year with coverage. Especially given our starting DBs are either recovering from injury, in their sophomore years or a rookie.  The only hope is to have a good secondary will be to get consistent pressure on the opposing teams QB.

Edited by MD-FalconFan13

8 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

No, not disrespecting at all. I hope he can turn it around, but you can’t coach speed, range, or any of the things we lack at key positions. 

You can teach discipline and technique which are the biggest issues in the secondary. Speed is the last issue with any of the players in the secondary. That said, coach Whitt has never shown me any reason to believe his presence wont make a difference