Will Ryan retire a Falcon?

Mr.11

Will Matt Ryan retire a Falcon?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Will Ryan retire a Falcon?

• Yes
    • No

I just saw an article headline saying that Brett Favre doesn't think Aaron Rodgers will finish his career in Green Bay. It got me thinking that in light of Tom Brady's recent departure from New England and the Packers' controversial decision to trade up for a quarterback in the first round, it's probably more of an eventuality than anything else.

Probably most NFL fans didn't think they would ever see Tom Brady in another uniform. There was a time when we didn't think we'd see Peyton Manning in a Denver Broncos' uniform, or even further back, Joe Montana in a Kansas City Chiefs' uniform. Yet here we are, on the cusp of not only seeing Brady in another uniform, but as a divisional opponent. 

So what does all this mean for our very own Matty Ice? Well, nothing for the next three years at least. But the closer he approaches 40, the more the question will resonate. Matt hasn't publicly spoken much about how long he plans to play, and time will tell how long he can continue to play at a high level. He's certainly been durable, despite a lot of turnover and dearth of quality up front over the years, and he has the mental acumen to make up for a physical decline. But as the saying goes, father time is undefeated. So when that time comes and he decides to call it a career, will it be as a lifelong member of the Atlanta Falcons, or somewhere else?

3 minutes ago, SLEVEN said:

In the thread title, you ask if we think Ryan will retire a falcon. In the poll question, you ask if we think he’ll suit up for another team... the results of this poll are going to be questionable at best lol. 

Good point, needs to be amended

Hard to say, it may be a new coaching regime comes in and wants their own guy, and Ryan has 2-3 good years left. It'd be possible to trade him in 2 years.

Even at 37-38, Ryan would command a good price, might luck out and go to a team that just needed a QB and win a ring. Ideally, another ring.

If Quinn and Ryan win a ring next year or so, they both get to stay as long as they want.

3 minutes ago, FalconsAllDayUrDay said:

dam why so many people think he aint gonna retire a falcon? I definitely think he will unless we bring in a GM or coach with zero care of loyalty. Matty Ice NEEDS to be here until he hangs the cleats up without a doubt

Probably because he made the post "Will Ryan retire a Falcon" then made the poll "Will he suit up for another team". Many probably read the title clicked yes and didnt read the poll being different. 

Retire a Falcon I’ll say yes.

I mean he’s made what 300 plus mill in salary.

Outside of winning a ring is there anything else for him to prove I don’t think so.

Falcons only move on from Ryan if there’s a viable plan in place in about 2-3 years to replace him.

I think himself and Julio retire as Falcons.

I think he will retire a Falcon. He saved this franchise and turned it around. He's done a lot with some pathetic coaches and teams around him. If we win a super bowl, I wouldn't be surprised to see Matt walk away with still some years left in the tank. He may come back the year after or something like that, just to see if they can do it again. Matt's extremely tough and durable, but I don't see him letting the game break him down to bad. 

Edited by THEHEADCOACH